***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Empty walls?? Have you even ridden FJ? You're taken through elaborate real sets as well as the projection domes. You're sounding Disney brainwashed frankly, but I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion.

I have. I liked FJ but it's totally different and IMO did not live up to the hype. Yes, they built awesome structures and sets from the movie. Again, Disney didn't follow any blueprints here.
I felt the screen projections in FJ were very busy and the mechanical arm threw you around a bit which made the sets hard to enjoy with the glasses. In many regards it mimicked Spider-Man.

But there's really no need to compare as I've stated. Have you ridden FoP? I'm happy to discuss, but it's difficult to speak to someone who hasn't been on both.
There's a great mini review recently posted by JMSMommy on this thread which does a fantastic job of comparing them both in real time.

I've read a lot of reviews for FOP, but haven't seen much about NRJ. How is it? I'm so excited to ride both! TIA
I have seen many reviews for NRJ and most say it is pretty with an amazing animatronic but the ride is short and has little story line. A few do like it a lot and a few say one and done.

It appears that FOP is the big story here. At least so far.

If you're in line with family members can your spot in line be saved to run to the bathroom?
Threads on this topic tend to get a little heated. Disney has no official answer. I haven't been to Pandora yet but I would imagine that since the lines are long enough that one could 'reasonably need' a bathroom break, and everyone else in line also knows that, I wouldn't think you'd get too much grief.

My FASTPASS is at 4:10. I'll be wearing DIS credentials now as well. Want to plan a meeting spot?
How about right by the test seat (or closest shade!) at 4? DH & I will both be in lime green, assuming I can find his shirt and convince him to change (and he gets home from work in time to do so and doesn't just meet me at the park). We'll likely have our 29th Anniversary buttons on too. We can talk until 4:10 when we're eligible to ride and then get in the line together? We're rushing to a NRJ FP right after that so want to be as early in our window as possible. @yulilin3 - able to join us?! :)

Threads on this topic tend to get a little heated. Disney has no official answer. I haven't been to Pandora yet but I would imagine that since the lines are long enough that one could 'reasonably need' a bathroom break, and everyone else in line also knows that, I wouldn't think you'd get too much grief.
Even in the FP line (40 min yesterday) we saw people leaving to hit a restroom or get drinks (yes, alcoholic drinks) and bringing them back in line. No one seemed to have a problem with people coming back up through the line to join their party.

You own a DeLorean?? :)
Lol....leaving the house at 3pm getting there at 3:25pm

You two should meet at the FoP test seat and post some pics and video demonstrations..
My daughter will record myself testing it out. I have done FoP 3 times and I know I fit but I wanted to give people a look at how tthe test seat works for someone that is not skinny like the previous video that was posted earliier in the thread. I will also get pictures of the test seat including the leg area

I'm heading to Pandora in July....happy to read everyone's opinion regarding the simulation effect and how it compares to the Harry Potter rides and Soarin'. Heard some folks, way back, talk about Star Tours as well, and read very diverse opinions regarding motion sickness and whether the ride was smooth or jerky. So, not having experienced FOP yet, I thought I'd throw in my own opinion of the VR rides I've experienced and why I like or did not like them. I do love Soarin' and have to say it's my favorite simulated ride so far. I actually feel like I'm flying over an orange grove, a river and the ocean. Star Tours gives me a similar feel but not as up close and personal as Soarin'. In Soarin' I feel like I can reach out and touch something. Very immersive. I loved the feel of the Harry Potter set, it was like I was in the movie but the FJ ride was not for me. It was too fast, everything and everyone rushed past me too quick so I didn't get the feel of riding on a broom, it was more like the screen was just rushing by me. Other than the set, which was amazing, my favorite part there was riding on the train. But I would go back just to hang out there at night, it was just so meticulously done. King Kong's screen was a bit out of focus at times and I didn't get that close up, being right there kind of feeling but it did have some cool parts like when Kong grabs the vehicle...I think the ride needs improvement. The minion ride was fun, and done really well as far as feeling like I was inside the ride. I was surprised by this one. I do like Mission to Mars, the tame one...LOL...but it's not as exciting as Star Tours. And I like the fact that Star Tours has different sets, it makes me want to experience it more than once. So, all that being said, I hope FOP will put me right on the banchee, so I can turn and dive and rise as if I'm actually riding. I know VR is improving all the time and the new VR gaming systems will be growing and getting less expensive as time goes on. Thanks for all your perspectives....I love this thread!

Lol....leaving the house at 3pm getting there at 3:25pm

My daughter will record myself testing it out. I have done FoP 3 times and I know I fit but I wanted to give people a look at how tthe test seat works for someone that is not skinny like the previous video that was posted earliier in the thread. I will also get pictures of the test seat including the leg area
Any chance of wanting to meet us by the test seat at 4? What time is your FPP? Would love to meet you!

I'd love to meet either of you if anyone is willing to set up a time/place! Our FOP FP is for 4:15 so we'll be heading there right at 4:10 if anyone wants to wait in line together or something. :) Or could meet after as we'll probably head to Satuli again. I just dug out our lime green DIS shirts (from a 2005 trip) so hopefully you can pick me out too - I'll be looking for both of you!

Yesterday at about 4:20 it took us less than 5 minutes from scanning at NRJ until we were on the ride vehicle.

My FASTPASS is at 4:10. I'll be wearing DIS credentials now as well. Want to plan a meeting spot?
I can wait for both of you at Satu'li. We will be there just for the night stuff so I don't mind waiting.
PM if interested in meeting

She won't fall out. She'll be secure at the back and leg restraints. To add to that you can reach out and touch those next to you should make you a little more at ease.

My 6 year old is 42 lbs and 47", which is a little bigger, but it was totally fine. He complained a little that it was harder to breathe because the front pad was on his chest, but he went on twice so it couldn't have been that bad!

Finally refound this! I have a 9 year old who weighs 45 pounds and is 50" tall. She looks like a 7 year old. Anyway, she was super secure and we had no worries with her riding. She loves Tower of Terror (rides with her arms up) and the coasters (again with the arms up). I just asked her and she said she had just a little wiggle room and felt really secure. Hope that helps!

Thanks!! This makes me feel much better!

How about right by the test seat (or closest shade!) at 4? DH & I will both be in lime green, assuming I can find his shirt and convince him to change (and he gets home from work in time to do so and doesn't just meet me at the park). We'll likely have our 29th Anniversary buttons on too. We can talk until 4:10 when we're eligible to ride and then get in the line together? We're rushing to a NRJ FP right after that so want to be as early in our window as possible. @yulilin3 - able to join us?! :)
just read this...yeah. If there's no line to get into Pandora I should be inside by 4pm

I felt the screen projections in FJ were very busy and the mechanical arm threw you around a bit which made the sets hard to enjoy with the glasses.

FJ doesn't have 3D, does it? I know Gringotts does but have ridden FJ probably 100 times total and was fairly sure it didn't. Unless you mean your own glasses.

Was anything announced about other AK attractions besides Pandora being open for evening EMH this coming weekend? I see they added an 11:45 pm showing of Rivers of Light this coming Friday and Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter