• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting for those who missed this previously. From the DIS Guidelines:

The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to admin@wdwinfo.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in an infraction.

I have added info regarding today's phased closure procedures to the first page as well as a little info on today's EMH. I will continue to update that as time goes on as I am sure EMH procedures will change a bit.

How do you think FoP will be for younger children (8-10 range)? Too intense?
My DD will love it. She'll be 8 when we go in September. But she's a daredevil. If she's tall enough and wants to ride, we let her. I don't like to put my fears on my kid. Just my feeling about rides.

In Pandora now, CMs telling guerhatthey that may not be able to go on the attractions, several people saying "who wants to see the land? What's the point if you can't go on the rides?"
They're the same people that think AK and DHS are half day (or less) parks.:rolleyes:

Sunday we are planning a long afternoon break then over to AK around 6pm as first fastpass is at 630. I was going to drive to avoid long transportation waits as it will be late when we leave. My question is about parking. Did the AK parking lot reach capacity on Saturday? Want to make sure i plan to arrive earlier if lot might be closed.....

You also have to factor in refunds or their standard of Anytime FPs that will have to include the Pandora rides.
Of course- but FPs don't cost money. I'm sure that'll be the standard for GR with refunds as an absolute last resort (maybe for people whose last park day is today).

Oh my...wow! I'm exiting now and that line to get in is crazy - snaking all through Lion king and on.....and there is a steady stream of people still coming in as I'm heading to the buses.

Yep. We left around 10 and as we exited through Africa we saw guest form EMH lined up all the way to to Lion King, as you said. Thought to myself, what's the point of having to be nice that far back in line if the EMH is only two more hours. We are staying at AoA and DW and I both thought there is no way we would have been willing to do that tonight's.

On another note, we hung around after our NRJ FP which ended around 8:30 to watch the "drum show". I have no reason for this but I was expecting some sort of fancy opening celebration. A few folks around us thought the same and one fellow was live streaming the "event". Apparently they had heard there would be said "event". We waited for about 1.5 hours and all we got was the drum show. Now, I'm not knocking the efforts of the performers. But the show itself was just... lame. Of course, I can't blame Disney for making me hang around since it was my own assumption that made me do that. Just curious if anyone else did the same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter