***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI to anyone interested...my booking window opened today for fast passes. I logged on right at 4am and was only able to get a 3:30pm fast pass for FOP on July 22nd! They must be going quick :) this was for a party of 5.

Just adding, I booked Saturday, May 20th for a little over a month out, June 22nd, and there was lots of availability for both rides in the afternoon and evening. Still seeing evening times for FOP and times all day for NRJ. I went ahead and booked FOP, even though I am afraid I will be borderline to fit and not sure at all about my brother. Hoping we can make it work.

Okay interesting observation today about fitting in the seats on FOP. Rode on May 2nd in theatre A. I fit but had to have the seat backrest pushed by CM to click. Rode today 3x. First ride theatre B fit with no help needed. Second ride theatre A, felt like seat had less room between seat and space above lap....also noticed my butt was hanging off the back.....fit but need help from CM to click the backrest. Also my daughter felt like her butt was hanging off the back in A but not B. Third ride theatre B again...noticeably more room....butt was fully on the seat and did not need help getting the restraints to click. My conclusion is that for some reason there is a significant difference in the amount of lap/butt room in A compared to B. At first I thought it was my imagination, but after riding B then A then B again, plus my daughter having the same conclusion before I even mentioned it to her. I am convinced more room in B then A. Good luck.
I've been wondering if there weren't slight differences since I've heard some people can't ride, then at least one who couldn't was able to. This seems to support that hypothesis. Either there were slight differences during manufacturing, which is unlikely; or imagineers are already making changes, which I also think is unlikely. Either way, the seats seem to not be identical for whatever reason.

I times my walk from the TOP entrance to the lab: 6 min, 30 seconds. That was walking at a pretty consistent pace. Just walking, no stops to look around. One of the CM's said they were anticipating 5 to 6 hour waits.

I also had significant issues with the glasses on FOP. They were falling off for most of the ride so I wasn't able to really enjoy the ride. The second time I ride FOP, I put my glasses on and the put my hair on a ponytail that went over the glasses to help hold them in place. This technique helped a lot and I was able to enjoy the ride.

Anyone else have significant issues with the glasses?

I times my walk from the TOP entrance to the lab: 6 min, 30 seconds. That was walking at a pretty consistent pace. Just walking, no stops to look around. One of the CM's said they were anticipating 5 to 6 hour waits.

I also had significant issues with the glasses on FOP. They were falling off for most of the ride so I wasn't able to really enjoy the ride. The second time I ride FOP, I put my glasses on and the put my hair on a ponytail that went over the glasses to help hold them in place. This technique helped a lot and I was able to enjoy the ride.

that's been a consistent issue.

I've actually been worried about this as at Universal I had huge problems with the 3D glasses for the Harry Potter Escape From Gringotts ride. The glasses kept falling off and I didn't see half of the ride grabbing the glasses and trying to hang on. I think they just didn't fit good over my prescription eyeglasses. It was annoying.

Is this ride wild enough that you cannot hold the glasses on with one hand and hold onto the ride with the other hand? Sorry, I'm trying to strategize this since I've had similar problems before with ride 3D glasses.

You can hold them on with one hand no problem. The ride can be intense but you are secure enough that you don't actually need to hold on to the handle bars.

that's been a consistent issue.

I've actually been worried about this as at Universal I had huge problems with the 3D glasses for the Harry Potter Escape From Gringotts ride. The glasses kept falling off and I didn't see half of the ride grabbing the glasses and trying to hang on. I think they just didn't fit good over my prescription eyeglasses. It was annoying.
Really? Is it due to type of glasses? I have worn the 3D glasses at Universal (and current 3D rides at Disney) over my glasses without issue. I have 2 types of glasses, square plastic rim and metal half rimless, sort of oval. The glasses all fit over them fine. I hope I don't have issues, if I can fit on the darn thing. That alone remains to be seen

Really? Is it due to type of glasses? I have worn the 3D glasses at Universal (and current 3D rides at Disney) over my glasses without issue. I have 2 types of glasses, square plastic rim and metal half rimless, sort of oval. The glasses all fit over them fine. I hope I don't have issues, if I can fit on the darn thing. That alone remains to be seen
the glasses are wide and very flexible so for people with skinny faces it's hard to keep them on. I had no problems, but my face is round and I also wear glasses. The only complain from FoP from my 2 kids was that the glasses kept slipping off

The glasses are bigger than other Disney 3D glasses, but I didn't have any issue with them. Those with small heads, or kids, will likely have to hold them on.

Maybe we'll see newer glasses coming out that are a little smaller. Idk if anyone has complained to them about the glasses

IMG_0742.JPG

the glasses are wide and very flexible so for people with skinny faces it's hard to keep them on. I had no problems, but my face is round and I also wear glasses. The only complain from FoP from my 2 kids was that the glasses kept slipping off

The glasses are bigger than other Disney 3D glasses, but I didn't have any issue with them. Those with small heads, or kids, will likely have to hold them on.

Maybe we'll see newer glasses coming out that are a little smaller. Idk if anyone has complained to them about the glasses

View attachment 238751

I have a pretty small head (even my adult glasess are in the smaller more narrow frames) and they were slipping a lot. Also the fact the glasses has only a portion of it the 3D material and not the whole thing if they slipped too much the video was blurry. I wonder if I should write Disney and let them know that's an issue or if they are already aware.

Are these simple polarized glasses, like ITTBAB, and not the upgraded ones like Star Tours and most Universal stuff now? Those have a shiny lens, these don't look like they do. Or maybe these are a new type.

Are these simple polarized glasses, like ITTBAB, and not the upgraded ones like Star Tours and most Universal stuff now? Those have a shiny lens, these don't look like they do. Or maybe these are a new type.

I'd say these are similar to the ones from Gingrotts. The lens is clear

I've been wondering if there weren't slight differences since I've heard some people can't ride, then at least one who couldn't was able to. This seems to support that hypothesis. Either there were slight differences during manufacturing, which is unlikely; or imagineers are already making changes, which I also think is unlikely. Either way, the seats seem to not be identical for whatever reason.

Why would you think the imagineers would not tweak things?

I actually think it is very likely they ARE tweaking things. In FOP and throughout Pandora.

Also could be the reason why no test seat is out yet.

The seat is out there, it's under a big box of wood right next to the entrance (right in the middle of everyone taking pictures of the floating mountain above you, they kind of screwed up that detail). My guess is they wanted all different body types to try to ride the actual seat to find out what the situation really is and the training for care and respect of the situation by cast members who work it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter