***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick dining question - I can't seem to find hours - Does anyone know what time breakfast is served until before the switch over the menu? Also, do we know how late it will stay open? Thanks! Just trying to plan out ways to eat as much as possible! :-)

I personally think this is why they added extra magic hours. That is for the point of only "resort guests" can enter the lines from 11-1 a.m. I really feel like a lot of people aren't going to stay that late. They might. Who knows, because this land hasn't opened yet. I think it was a smart move for Disney to add extra magic hours. Also, they basically advertised to resort guests to come during these EMH, so I don't know why resort guests wouldn't be able to ride FoP.
I hope that's true. We booked the river ride as our FP tier one option, with the idea that we'd be at the park at opening and hightail it to FoP. Sure, we'll still wait in line, but hopefully it won't be too bad first thing. If it is (or it breaks down before we get there), we plan to use the late extra magic hours as a backup. I'm also thinking not a lot of people will stick around that late.
fingerscrossed small.gif

Anyone want to take a stab at an opening weekend transportation question? I normally drive to the parks and avoid resort buses at all cost. But I'm heading to Pandora Sunday (day 2 of official opening) and won't arrive at AK until mid-afternoon... is it possible the AK parking lot could be full to capacity? I'm staying at an All Star resort, so busing is an option if that's a better idea for this weekend.

Anyone want to take a stab at an opening weekend transportation question? I normally drive to the parks and avoid resort buses at all cost. But I'm heading to Pandora Sunday (day 2 of official opening) and won't arrive at AK until mid-afternoon... is it possible the AK parking lot could be full to capacity? I'm staying at an All Star resort, so busing is an option if that's a better idea for this weekend.
It's possible. I would bus it to prevent any surprises

Last edited:

Does this picture help?

FlightOfPassage-preshow-0513017-3.jpg

Your feet wind up behind your knees - so a little farther back than you are imagining. My shins were not resting on anything, but my knees were against padding on the inside. You are correct with the yellow circle...I think. Hard to tell due to the darkness.

How does your feet wind up behind your knees? Isn't it just like sitting down feet down almost by your side?

Was at Epcot the other morning, on the tram back out to the parking lot I sat in the last row. I was talking with the CM and he mentioned Epcot was planning on being an overflow area for guest parking, if necessary.

Might be a case of planning for the worst and hoping for the best but, be prepared.

Was at Epcot the other morning, on the tram back out to the parking lot I sat in the last row. I was talking with the CM and he mentioned Epcot was planning on being an overflow area for guest parking, if necessary.

Might be a case of planning for the worst and hoping for the best but, be prepared.

Epcot is the usual back up. There is a massive amount of parking that only gets used 2 or 3 days out of the year. I believe they move DAK CMs there during high times as well as DHS CMs as well so it is possible a lot of stuff will be moved around if Pandora is crazy busy.

Quick dining question - I can't seem to find hours - Does anyone know what time breakfast is served until before the switch over the menu? Also, do we know how late it will stay open? Thanks! Just trying to plan out ways to eat as much as possible! :-)
Here's the answer

Yes
Breakfast, 8:00AM-10:30AM. Lunch and Dinner, 10:30AM-11:00PM.

Just FYI to anyone interested...my booking window opened today for fast passes. I logged on right at 4am and was only able to get a 3:30pm fast pass for FOP on July 22nd! They must be going quick :) this was for a party of 5.

Epcot is the usual back up. I believe they move DAK CMs there during high times as well as DHS CMs as well
Not this time. For some reason it's at MK. But this is the first time that I've ever had to to remote park from AK. It's all good because CMs get paid travel time, plus they're using the tour buses and not the Disney buses.
as well as DHS CMs
Yup, that's been the case in the past.

Just FYI to anyone interested...my booking window opened today for fast passes. I logged on right at 4am and was only able to get a 3:30pm fast pass for FOP on July 22nd! They must be going quick :) this was for a party of 5.

Yeah I have a feeling it will be like this for a very long time.

Okay interesting observation today about fitting in the seats on FOP. Rode on May 2nd in theatre A. I fit but had to have the seat backrest pushed by CM to click. Rode today 3x. First ride theatre B fit with no help needed. Second ride theatre A, felt like seat had less room between seat and space above lap....also noticed my butt was hanging off the back.....fit but need help from CM to click the backrest. Also my daughter felt like her butt was hanging off the back in A but not B. Third ride theatre B again...noticeably more room....butt was fully on the seat and did not need help getting the restraints to click. My conclusion is that for some reason there is a significant difference in the amount of lap/butt room in A compared to B. At first I thought it was my imagination, but after riding B then A then B again, plus my daughter having the same conclusion before I even mentioned it to her. I am convinced more room in B then A. Good luck.

I'd only ridden in A before but just rode in D.

In A, I noticed a gap or crevice in front of my shins between two pads.

In D, it was more of a smooth curve/arc, no gaps at all.

Perhaps there are some changes being made then.

I'd only ridden in A before but just rode in D.

In A, I noticed a gap or crevice in front of my shins between two pads.

In D, it was more of a smooth curve/arc, no gaps at all.

Perhaps there are some changes being made then.

I bet they will be tweaking the seats and the restraints for the next couple of months.

For all we know the Imagineers might of known this would be a problem and all of us at the previews were guinea pigs.

Also could be the reason why no test seat is out yet.

I bet they will be tweaking the seats and the restraints for the next couple of months.

For all we know the Imagineers might of known this would be a problem and all of us at the previews were guinea pigs.

Also could be the reason why no test seat is out yet.

I'd go so far as to say that is likely - or at least they realized it is a new type of system and aware their could be issues and they needed a large sample of people to determine where potential issue points are. Now, the question is how much can be adjusted - how many additional people can be accommodated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!