***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an update from my previous posts... I have now been on Flight of Passage 6 times and it's still my favorite ride in all of Walt Disney World. Each time I have gone on it there is something new to look at, and I am completely blown away each time. It's thrilling and beautiful. I seriously can't wait for Pandora to open so I can go on it again.

Seriously folks, I hate to add to the "hype", but man I love that ride.

Ethan

Is this ride wild enough that you cannot hold the glasses on with one hand and hold onto the ride with the other hand? Sorry, I'm trying to strategize this since I've had similar problems before with ride 3D glasses.

It's not a looping coaster or anything. The restraints are basically because your on a ledge and if you were to panic and try to get up, it could be a really bad ending as it does tilt the floor with the ride chairs forward about 30ish degrees.

I will be canceling our River of Lights Dinner Package for opening day (May 27th)
It is at the Tusker House at 4:30 for a party of 4 adults.

I will be canceling it tonight at 10 PM exactly if anyone needs/wants it ...

I bet they will be tweaking the seats and the restraints for the next couple of months.

For all we know the Imagineers might of known this would be a problem and all of us at the previews were guinea pigs.

Also could be the reason why no test seat is out yet.

FYI, C also has the curved padding.

Hmmm...I am a grown adult woman with a small head. I buy children's headwear. The glasses may be an issue but the seats should not be any problem. Based on the reviews here and the video, this will be a multiple ride thing for me so we will have to plan accordingly for out 2018 trip. I hope they have smaller glasses by that time.

I have a question about FOP dont know if it's been answered yet.

How do you know what level you are on? When I went on it Thursday night could not tell if I was on level 1, 2 or 3.

Just look left or right, you can see the other riders and know where you are if you couldn't tell at loading.

Anyone want to take a stab at an opening weekend transportation question? I normally drive to the parks and avoid resort buses at all cost. But I'm heading to Pandora Sunday (day 2 of official opening) and won't arrive at AK until mid-afternoon... is it possible the AK parking lot could be full to capacity? I'm staying at an All Star resort, so busing is an option if that's a better idea for this weekend.

We were there Saturday, arrived 11 am to a very full lot and our friend arrived around 12:30 to basically the last row of the lot. Ride the bus!

the glasses are wide and very flexible so for people with skinny faces it's hard to keep them on. I had no problems, but my face is round and I also wear glasses. The only complain from FoP from my 2 kids was that the glasses kept slipping off

Yes, mine were very loose, DS kept falling forward and once he barely caught them. Second trip I kept trying to bend his inward before he put them on.

Previews have ended and media week has begun. Private parties for the media were held at various locations around WDW tonight. But it's not just Pandora media events, MK is having media events as well.

Starting today through the 26th, groups of local and national media will be visiting MK for a look at the new offerings. On May 22, 23 and 25: various areas of the East or West Plaza Garden will be reserved for media groups during fireworks. On May 26th, radio stations will broadcast from Tomorrowland Terrace and East Plaza Garden.

Between the Pandora and MK media events, it's going to be an interesting week.

Previews have ended and media week has begun. Private parties for the media were held at various locations around WDW tonight. But it's not just Pandora media events, MK is having media events as well.

Starting today through the 26th, groups of local and national media will be visiting MK for a look at the new offerings. On May 22, 23 and 25: various areas of the East or West Plaza Garden will be reserved for media groups during fireworks. On May 26th, radio stations will broadcast from Tomorrowland Terrace and East Plaza Garden.

Between the Pandora and MK media events, it's going to be an interesting week.

are these just for happily ever after and Pandora or will they be discussing/showcasing things about other projects?

Just FYI to anyone interested...my booking window opened today for fast passes. I logged on right at 4am and was only able to get a 3:30pm fast pass for FOP on July 22nd! They must be going quick :) this was for a party of 5.

I was booking our 60-day fastpasses last week for a party of four. FOP was fairly abundant. The only really hard one was FEA. That's not to say each day may be different, and it could get worse as FOP hype increases and we get closer to opening day. I'm also just talking about the first 30-40 minutes of availability that morning. I have no idea what it looked like after that.

Just as an update from my previous posts... I have now been on Flight of Passage 6 times and it's still my favorite ride in all of Walt Disney World. Each time I have gone on it there is something new to look at, and I am completely blown away each time. It's thrilling and beautiful. I seriously can't wait for Pandora to open so I can go on it again.

Seriously folks, I hate to add to the "hype", but man I love that ride.

Ethan

I can't wait to experience it in December!

Finally made it around to watching the videos of both rides. I am THRILLED to try the banshee ride but the river journey is about as boring as watching water boil. It looks astoundingly beautiful but there is no interaction of any kind, no story being told, nothing. Its a once-and-done kind of ride, imo. Does anyone else feel this way? I was just hoping for more after all the hype. Maybe I'm missing something?

Here is Flight of Passage. It looks AMAZING!

Finally made it around to watching the videos of both rides. I am THRILLED to try the banshee ride but the river journey is about as boring as watching water boil. It looks astoundingly beautiful but there is no interaction of any kind, no story being told, nothing. Its a once-and-done kind of ride, imo. Does anyone else feel this way? I was just hoping for more after all the hype. Maybe I'm missing something?

I think the place is missing 2 rides but it's a great start for now. maybe another thrillish and something more moderate or maybe even child oriented..

It's extreme opposites but not everyone can handle flight so I think it's a nice way to just relax, it's really short compared to everything else at AK that is slower paced which take 30+ minutes to ride. I caught a vlog by someone who is a die hard avatar fan and he immediately picked up that everything you pass is making their way to the shaman (but the beat you so where did they go if they got there faster?). It's got kind of that people mover feels to it and a way to see pandora at night without staying around to night for the kids. I personally think there was a lost opportunity to make a disneyland like outdoor boat ride around the land itself, there's enough rivers and stuff I'm sure they could have made it work..

AK is themed to be that relaxing type of experience so it fits in the same way ROL does.. they did screw up making it a ride you have to transfer unless their disability boats aren't in the water yet when I went but it seems to be billed as a must transfer ride which I feel is a mistake. 1 ride many can't ride even if they can transfer or walk on and another ride anyone can ride that's slow and peaceful but you have to transfer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter