***Official October 2022 Thread**

October is just around the corner and the October trips are about to begin - but this thread is really quiet. Where is everybody?

:magnify:

Our trip is Oct 23rd to 27th and for some reason, our flight to MCO from Chicago-Midway has stayed really high the entire time I have been searching for flights. What is going on that day, Sunday Oct 23rd, that would make flights so costly?
I'm closely watching the tropical storm situation! We're supposed to land at MCO afternoon on Saturday, which is after the storm is supposed to pass through but I'm seeing info that Orlando could be dealing with the effects of it afterwards or in case the storm slows down then it could affect our trip. I'm already all packed and everything so have a weird mixture of excitement and anxiety. Fingers crossed it all ends up working out 🤞.

We leave Saturday for Disney and we are staying until the 8th. Watching this hurricane of course! We are from south LA and are very familiar with how storms can impact. Just went through Ida last year!

Here's hoping the tropical weather won't impact your trips! We don't go til the end of the month so hoping the tropics quiet back down before the 25th!

Hello everyone!!

I was hoping you might be able to help me! I am in need of a few Recreation Calendars for the Official Thread and am hoping if anyone will be staying one of these Disney resorts this month, you can please take a picture of the calendar for me! I’d truly appreciate it!!

I am in need the following… (Updated 10/5)
  • Grand Floridian Resort/VGF
  • Hilton Head Island Resort
  • Port Orleans - French Quarter
Thank you so much in advance!!

Last edited:

We leave in 10 days. Hoping no bad weather then and that they will have most of the area cleaned up by then.

Assume still no word on Fantasmic? I have an open park reservation just in case it comes back.

Hello everyone!!

I was hoping you might be able to help me! I am in need of a few Recreation Calendars for the Official Thread and am hoping if anyone will be staying one of these Disney resorts this month, you can please take a picture of the calendar for me! I’d truly appreciate it!!

I am in need the following…
  • Boardwalk Inn Resort/BWV
  • Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Grand Floridian Resort/VGF
  • Hilton Head Island Resort
  • Old Key West Resort
  • Port Orleans - French Quarter
  • Saratoga Springs Resort
  • Wilderness Lodge CCV /BRV
  • Yacht and Beach Club

Thank you so much in advance!!
I leave tomorrow morning, doing a split stay. I can get you Wilderness Lodge CCV and Saratoga Springs!

EEEKK!! We arrive in 11 days!! Super excited but all this "weather" has got me nervous!!!

I was able to book ADRs for our quickie weekend trip Dec 3-6 and that was a joke! We'll be trying some new to us QS!! What's good at ABC Commissary??

SUPER excited about the Halloween party - this is our first FULL halloween party and I booked 2 nights for extra fun so here's hoping neither are rained out!!

We arrive in 18 days and I cannot wait!! We went for the first time in Dec 2020, so I know this is going to be a completely different experience.

I should be in MCO exactly a week from now for our quick girls trip! I can’t wait so many exciting things planned

We'll be in WDW two weeks from today. I was thrilled to find a 25% discount for the YC and now our trip plans are final - no more searching for better deals. ;) I booked Mears Connect, too. We've never used Uber and I'm still a little hesitant to try it.

We'll be in WDW two weeks from today. I was thrilled to find a 25% discount for the YC and now our trip plans are final - no more searching for better deals. ;) I booked Mears Connect, too. We've never used Uber and I'm still a little hesitant to try it.
I ended up doing mears as well because our flight doesn't get in til 1030 at night. Didn't want to chance being late for sunshine flyer and just wasn't sure what we'd get with Uber/Lyft when we have 3 adults and a child.

15 more days until we arrive for our anniversary getaway. Will be our first trip without kids in 20 years (since our honeymoon 😂).

15 more days until we arrive for our anniversary getaway. Will be our first trip without kids in 20 years (since our honeymoon 😂).
Trips with our kids was always fun, but we are finding our trips without the kids are just as much fun. Enjoy!

Trips with our kids was always fun, but we are finding our trips without the kids are just as much fun. Enjoy!
Thank you! I do feel a bit guilty but they have had a lot of amazing vacations over the years so I'm trying to let it go 😂.

9 days for our "our trip sucked because of COVID" make up trip.

And my younger daughter is sick (not COVID, thankfully). Hopefully she'll be fine by next Thursday, but if it goes around the house, it may be bad. We're doing TL on 10/21 to make up for our missed H2O Glow night, too; would really suck to be getting over a cold then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter