*** Official OCTOBER 2019 Group - Boo To You! ***

Has anyone else been watching Wait Times? I am STUNNED. My BFF and I are planning to RD HS on 10/26, and while I always assumed we'd be bolting straight for SWGE, there's no question we're making a beeline for SDD, then hitting RnR and ToT. Han and Chewie are going to have to wait until 8:30. :chewy:

Thoughts?

PS I don't think I've ever used that many acronyms in one sentence... like, EVER... :crazy2:

Has anyone else been watching Wait Times? I am STUNNED. My BFF and I are planning to RD HS on 10/26, and while I always assumed we'd be bolting straight for SWGE, there's no question we're making a beeline for SDD, then hitting RnR and ToT. Han and Chewie are going to have to wait until 8:30. :chewy:

Thoughts?

PS I don't think I've ever used that many acronyms in one sentence... like, EVER... :crazy2:
Yep, there’s a whole thread of people watching wait times during EEMH since SWGE opened! The strategy you mentioned definitely is the way to go.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...xperiences-here.3766611/page-31#post-61135160

Has anyone else been watching Wait Times? I am STUNNED.

You had me scared for a second so I dropped in on that thread to check it out. I am kinda glad to hear the wait times are low. We won't go to EEMH since we are doing MNSSHP the night before. We have a FP for SDD so anything else is icing on the cake.

Last edited:

Today must be national complain to the service manager day. 99.9% of them have nothing to do with the work we did.
2 more weeks till vacation and I can't wait!!

Last edited:
Changed around plans for the one night of the trip we have to ourselves with no work agenda. Instead of Epcot doing AK and got really good FP's tonight! Ending our VIP tour the next day with Epcot Forever and really excited about that :goodvibes

I am sure hoping that weather.com is not right. It says thunderstorms all this week and we are leaving for Disney October 1st.

Just got back and honestly there were a few days we were hoping for thunderstorms - it was so hot! It rained twice while we were there but only for about 15 mins each time. Have a great trip!

This weekend are the last days for many of the entertainment acts being cut... if you're in the world, I hope you had a chance to stop by and see them!
Today's final appearances include both the Muppets in Liberty Square and the Royal Majesty Makers/Sword in the Stone ceremony in Fantasyland

This weekend are the last days for many of the entertainment acts being cut... if you're in the world, I hope you had a chance to stop by and see them!
Today's final appearances include both the Muppets in Liberty Square and the Royal Majesty Makers/Sword in the Stone ceremony in Fantasyland
We were in Magic Kingdom yesterday and the schedule said that the Muppets were intermittent - so we never saw them. :(

Thoughts?

We went to Hollywood Studios at 6:50 am for Star Wars. The line for Millenium Falcon was 30 minutes. It was also 30 minutes all morning long!. And if you don't mind the single rider line you can walk on right away, at least when we were there the single rider line had very few people in it. I would definitely go to Toy Story Land first. The only benefit of going to Star Wars land first is low crowds in the stores - but who really cares about that. ;)

Our daughter got married yesterday without a hitch!
Now we can concentrate on getting everything ready for our vacation in 2 weeks.
Sad to hear about the gondola incident last night, I was hoping to ride but the wife is dead set against it, afraid of heights. Glad to hear the wait times in SGE are low since I really want to do smugglers run.

Sad to hear about the gondola incident last night, I was hoping to ride but the wife is dead set against it, afraid of heights. Glad to hear the wait times in SGE are low since I really want to do smugglers run.
Congrats on your daughters wedding!

We rode Smugglers Run Tuesday night around 7pm and only waited 20 mins!

Congratulations to the happy couple!

I only just learned about the gondola problem at the Riviera resort turn. Looks to me like one of the cars might have gotten stuck and there was no alert sent out to stop the line. I'm sure they'll figure the problem out asap and it won't happen again. Those cars run pretty slow at that point, but I'm sure people were jolted. Any injuries probably came from people already susceptible to problems.

Congratulations to the happy couple!
Thank you!
They left this morning for a week in the Tennessee mountains. At one point they were talking about going to Disney World.

I promised my almost 4 year old son( yes we were almost empty nesters) if he was good at the wedding we would get him another Halloween inflatable. This morning we went to Lowes and got a Jack Skellington/ Oogie Boogie one. I wanted the mickey ghost one but they were sold out and I can't order online either. :(

Thank you!
They left this morning for a week in the Tennessee mountains. At one point they were talking about going to Disney World.

I promised my almost 4 year old son( yes we were almost empty nesters) if he was good at the wedding we would get him another Halloween inflatable. This morning we went to Lowes and got a Jack Skellington/ Oogie Boogie one. I wanted the mickey ghost one but they were sold out and I can't order online either. :(
I had to look it up to see if maybe we had the ghost in our area and I could ship it to you, but yeah... looks like either they never sold it locally or they're out. Sorry about that, it's the perfect design for little kids too.

Thanks for looking !!
They had 4 at the store this morning when we left to go, they were all gone by the time we got there. I have been looking for the pumpkin with the mickey ears and no luck there either. I always seem to be a day late and a dollar short!

I did manage to pick up the big Jack Skellington/ Oogie Boogie one he wanted and I got a craftsman tool set for the motorhome and a new set of screwdrivers. Not a total wasted trip! Now I have 4 inflatables in our living room till we pack them up for the trip!

I went Sept 28 - Oct 6. Our itinerary was as follows:

Sept 28- check in and hang out at Kidani
Sept 29- MK in the morning and AK at nightt
Sept 30- HS EEMH, then Skyliner over to Epcot then back to pool and Epcot for last Illuminations show (HS was really busy that morning for EEMH and Epcot was busy due to the last show but that was expected.)
Oct 1- TL in the morning and MNSSHP at night (first and last party. It was way too crowded and didn't justify the upcharge cost in my mind)
Oct 2 - AK in the morning, was supposed to do MK at night but before we left we check the wait times and they were insane (probably because MK was only open at night 3 nights this week due to 4 MNSSHP nights) so instead we went to HS and almost everything was walk on or very low lines.
Oct 3 - MK in the morning and Epcot at night (Epcot was really busy)
Oct 4 - HS in the morning and Epcot at night (Epcot was insanely busy, so we left and went to DS) (there were a ton of cars coming into the park at 6:30 at night)
Oct 5 - Sea World and DS
Oct 6 - pool and departure

I pushed my family to get the most out of this vacation and the heat and humidity didn't help but i'm proud of them. My 3 and 6 y/o did better than my wife (she prefers beach vacation where we don't do anything but I reminded her that the beach vacation is in 8 months and I'll be the one complaining because I don't like just laying around on the beach)

It seems as though there was a herd of people that all had the exact same itinerary. We followed all of our FP's of course but then at night I would suggest that everyone follows MDE to see where the crowds are and avoid that park. AK and HS were really slow at night almost everynight.

The weather was hot and it didn't really rain other than Monday night and Sunday morning. Overall the crowds weren't bad, just had to avoid that herd.

I only had one run in with other people... We were in the Kali River line and had been waiting a while. I went on the MDE App and noticed that a fast pass had just opened up so I picked up that FP and switched over to the FP line and everyone thought I was cutting the line. So they all got mad at my family and I but then I think they realized what happened when I was able to get in through the FP scanner. Moral of the story....Don't get mad at the people who are better at using the FP system.

Last edited:
We just got back from a great trip! We were there the 29th-5th. The weather was perfect pretty much the entire time (I mean in the 90's, but that's Florida), the crowds seemed to be super manageable except crowded for Saturday night food and wine (not a surprise). We got to ride the Gondolas a ton before the broke the same night we left, but we really enjoyed it.

We were able to switch meals around and get what we wanted with absolutely no trouble. I have found that on every Disney trip I've gone on - we plan so far ahead and then change our minds and change it up and are able to get restaurants we never could have six months out.

We absolutely know that for us the dining plan is a ton of food and so had 31 snack credits to blow at the end of the trip. We likely won't be doing free dining promotion again but it was a great time since we did a ton of character meals with my kids.

For anyone who is leaving soon - have an amazing time!

I went Sept 28 - Oct 6. Our itinerary was as follows:

Sept 28- check in and hang out at Kidani
Sept 29- MK in the morning and AK at nightt
Sept 30- HS EEMH, then Skyliner over to Epcot then back to pool and Epcot for last Illuminations show (HS was really busy that morning for EEMH and Epcot was busy due to the last show but that was expected.)
Oct 1- TL in the morning and MNSSHP at night (first and last party. It was way too crowded and didn't justify the upcharge cost in my mind)
Oct 2 - AK in the morning, was supposed to do MK at night but before we left we check the wait times and they were insane (probably because MK was only open at night 3 nights this week due to 4 MNSSHP nights) so instead we went to HS and almost everything was walk on or very low lines.
Oct 3 - MK in the morning and Epcot at night (Epcot was really busy)
Oct 4 - HS in the morning and Epcot at night (Epcot was insanely busy, so we left and went to DS) (there were a ton of cars coming into the park at 6:30 at night)
Oct 5 - Sea World and DS
Oct 6 - pool and departure

I pushed my family to get the most out of this vacation and the heat and humidity didn't help but i'm proud of them. My 3 and 6 y/o did better than my wife (she prefers beach vacation where we don't do anything but I reminded her that the beach vacation is in 8 months and I'll be the one complaining because I don't like just laying around on the beach)

It seems as though there was a herd of people that all had the exact same itinerary. We followed all of our FP's of course but then at night I would suggest that everyone follows MDE to see where the crowds are and avoid that park. AK and HS were really slow at night almost everynight.

The weather was hot and it didn't really rain other than Monday night and Sunday morning. Overall the crowds weren't bad, just had to avoid that herd.

I only had one run in with other people... We were in the Kali River line and had been waiting a while. I went on the MDE App and noticed that a fast pass had just opened up so I picked up that FP and switched over to the FP line and everyone thought I was cutting the line. So they all got mad at my family and I but then I think they realized what happened when I was able to get in through the FP scanner. Moral of the story....Don't get mad at the people who are better at using the FP system.

We were there almost the exact same time! We definitely got amazing weather (though hot of course). I did a similar thing and pushed my 4 and 9 year old to get up super early to hit EMH, but it was so worth it. We did breaks for the kids, and usually went out at night. And you are right that the only real crowds I saw were at Epcot at night for food and wine. We didn't do Magic Kingdom at night except for one night for the dessert party so that wasn't bad.

I think crowd and weather wise this was our best trip ever! I almost went to the Halloween Party on the 1st, but I'm glad I didn't!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter