OFFICIAL October 2009 thread - LET US KNOW YOUR PTR LINK!

I reallllly need Octobers park hours out so I can plan this all better, lol. Still counting down the days until I can make our ADR's as well.

Yeah, it is stressful planning for 11, but I'm just going to have a good time & not worry about it. Finally got everyone to agree on airfare, and we booked that last month. :banana:
I hear ya!

I planned for 16, 3 years ago and, with magical gatherings, we had an awesome time! :thumbsup2

We hadn't planned on the MNSSHP but this board is starting to get me excited.
Same here! My brother is doing MNSSHP on the 6th and he wants us to join. I'm THINKING I'd rather avoid MK totally that day but, he says go to MK, have dinner at CM and come back for the night. It costs extra tho. :sad2:

Does it still count if we arrive on Oct 31st even though the rest of our trip is Nov? We are super excited!!!:yay:

Hey Kim when did you decide to go? Last I saw you you had no plans, I bet you're excited!
Yes Cuz, it counts! What do you and Rory have about the MNSSHP? I would avoid MK at all costs those days but, you 2 have to do MNSSSHP? :confused3 I don't know if MNSSHP continues into Nov tho, sorry. Rory is trying to get us to go on 10/6.

Yes, this past week has been Disney-altering! We got a GREAT deal, FDP, low air fare, 6 nights, etc. Only taking Kelly out of school for 3 days now. :rolleyes1

Excited? Ya think?!?!

Dorene, you should LET Rory or I or the DIS help you with ANY trip! You will get the MOST for your time and effort! :thumbsup2:cool1::yay:

(Still think I'm Disney crazy? :confused3 :thumbsup2)

I'm de-lurking! :goodvibes My husband and I are taking our second trip together Oct. 10-17. I absolutely cannot wait, but my husband is only moderately excited- I am afraid that I will never get him to understand. I would have been going with my sister but she went and got herself pregnant! I've already made her promise that I can accompany them when they take the baby for his/her first Disney trip. When we went in April my hisband thought we'd be able to "see everything" in 3 and a half days! (little did he know...).

I'm really excited to be here with people who understand- his lack of over-the-top excitement is bugging me. I will have to wait a while before I revisit my original plan- a yearly trip!

Welcome to the DIS!! How exciting!! My boys are 13 and 16 and will be missing some school for this trip (please, no flaming from anyone...I know what is best for my family!!). This will be the first time out of our 9 trips that we will go to some of the "other" parks in Orlando!! We have Disney, Universal, Sea World and Busch Gardens lined up.

Is it October yet??

Gina

This will be our first time to venture outside of Disney, too. We're going to US/IOA for a couple of days, probably in the middle of our trip. Personally, I hate to give up the time at Disney, but DS is now 17 and DD is 14 and I figured it was time to check it out.

I'm de-lurking! :goodvibes My husband and I are taking our second trip together Oct. 10-17. I absolutely cannot wait, but my husband is only moderately excited- I am afraid that I will never get him to understand. I would have been going with my sister but she went and got herself pregnant! I've already made her promise that I can accompany them when they take the baby for his/her first Disney trip. When we went in April my hisband thought we'd be able to "see everything" in 3 and a half days! (little did he know...).

I'm really excited to be here with people who understand- his lack of over-the-top excitement is bugging me. I will have to wait a while before I revisit my original plan- a yearly trip!

:welcome: My husband's name is Kerry and he spells it just like yours!:)

My family (DH-43; DS-17; DD-14) gets excited about our Disney trips, but not as early as I do. By this point (3-4 months out), its all I think about. Every spare moment is spent here on the Dis Boards or reading the UG. Its usually a few weeks before we leave that the excitement spills over into the rest of the family.:goodvibes

This will be our first time to venture outside of Disney, too. We're going to US/IOA for a couple of days, probably in the middle of our trip. Personally, I hate to give up the time at Disney, but DS is now 17 and DD is 14 and I figured it was time to check it out.

LOL, I just figured out that you are "Lacy" from my fridge swap :rotfl:!!

What days are you going to US/IOA?? Our kids are almost the same ages...mine will be 17 in December and 14 in January. I would love to meet by the pool one night and say hi :goodvibes!

We are thinking about doing US/IOA on the 8th and 9th and maybe Seaworld on the 10th?? Having Disney park hours for October would sure make this planning stuff easier!!!

Gina

Yes Cuz, it counts! What do you and Rory have about the MNSSHP? I would avoid MK at all costs those days but, you 2 have to do MNSSSHP? :confused3 I don't know if MNSSHP continues into Nov tho, sorry. Rory is trying to get us to go on 10/6.

Yes, this past week has been Disney-altering! We got a GREAT deal, FDP, low air fare, 6 nights, etc. Only taking Kelly out of school for 3 days now. :rolleyes1

Excited? Ya think?!?!

Dorene, you should LET Rory or I or the DIS help you with ANY trip! You will get the MOST for your time and effort! :thumbsup2:cool1::yay:

(Still think I'm Disney crazy? :confused3 :thumbsup2)

Kim I don't think you're crazy it's so much fun!! We are not going to MNSSHP cause I don't want to spend the money ya know? I'm gonna get park hoppers on my tickets instead at least I'll get more out of that - I hope.

We are arriving on Oct 31st so we will go to DTD so the girls can trick or treat there, I have heard it's fun so we'll see. They are still having MNSSHP on Nov 1st so we are going to MK that day so we can see all the decorations but I guess we have to leave by 7 which is ok with us.

Hi ~

I just found this thread. I'm Shannon, my 2 kids, my mom and I are taking our 1st trip for any of us to the World this early Oct. We'll be @ POP! 10/1-10/10, MNSSHP on 10/2.
I can't wait!:woohoo:

I'm going to join on in!

We're going to the World from September 30 through October 6, staying at Caribbean Beach Resort.

We're going to MNSSHP on October 1. Haven't made many other plans!

I could add to my post, but instead I'll up my post count :thumbsup2

My DH and I are going along with our 18-month old Minnie freak. Or at least she's obsessed with Minnie's bow...

Hi everyone!!!

DH and I will be going Oct. 14 to Oct 23 with our two DGS ages 3 and 8. We are so psyched to take the little one on his first trip!!!:love:

What the heck, I will delurk and join in. Maybe if I vent some of my excitment here, my Dh will be less inclined to lock me in a room till Oct! Heading to WDW Oct 26th (my birthday !!) through the 30th. We will be taking our DS (18months then) for his first trip. And talked my dad and his GF into joining us. My dad hasn'tbeen in about 20 years and his GF never has. DH and I were there 2 years ago for baseball winter meetings and fell in love with the Swan and Dolphin. So we booked the Dolphin. So excited!

Has anyone been in late Oct and NOT made a zillion ADRs? When we went 2 years ago (first week in Dec) we didn't make 1 and got right into every place we wanted to go. Do I HAVE to?!

My sister went in October 2007 and didn't make any ADRs. She said they just walked into any place they wanted to eat.

Please add me, we'll be there Oct 3-7, staying at POP and will be attending MNSSHP on the 6th!

My ever-changing trip has changed again, but I think this is it for changes! We are extending our trip an extra night, and will now be staying from the 2nd to the 11th. We decided that saving about $60 with cheaper flights on sunday vs. saturday, plus is we gave up MNSSHP (we went last year anyway) than we could use that cash to stay another night. Plus, since we upped to a mod, we can use the extra time to enjoy the resort.

I just wish the hours were predictable so I could get planning on those ADRs. :thumbsup2

Count DW and I in. We will be staying at BCV from 9/30-10/6. Planning on MNSSHP on 10/1.

DH and I will be there Oct. 7 to 20. First time in Oct. hope it's still hot enough to swim. Usually go in the summer but spending most of the summer at the shore this year. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

DH and I will be there Oct. 7 to 20. First time in Oct. hope it's still hot enough to swim. Usually go in the summer but spending most of the summer at the shore this year. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

It will most definitely be hot enough to swim in October! I went in October 2 years ago Columbus week and thought we were walking on the surface of the sun. I swear it was in the 90s with near 100% humidity, the pool was a welcome relief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter