OFFICIAL October 2009 thread - LET US KNOW YOUR PTR LINK!

Hi Everyone! I am SO glad I found this website! My husband and I decided to go to Disney in California for our 1 year anniversary. We are going from October 27-November 1.
I have a few questions. How much spending money do you think we need? Its only him and I. We didnt purchase a dinner plan or anything. and with the package we purchased we got a park hopper. Does that mean we can go to either parks on any of the 5 days? Sorry im just trying to get things together. Thanks so much!
Nikki

conratulations!!!! where are you staying ??? when I had dining I usually do the TS for lunch and CS for later the day... but also that is a good time to try your 2 credits dining... this year I made a pact with myself not to do the dining free or not.. I used to loose about 5 lbs when I vaca to WDW before the dining plan got implimented... I was a "oink oink" who was mud happy!!! So far I did good last April.. I ate what I needed.. walk even before going to the park and space out my snacks...

We are staying at the Beach resort!

Hi Everyone! I am SO glad I found this website! My husband and I decided to go to Disney in California for our 1 year anniversary. We are going from October 27-November 1.
I have a few questions. How much spending money do you think we need? Its only him and I. We didnt purchase a dinner plan or anything. and with the package we purchased we got a park hopper. Does that mean we can go to either parks on any of the 5 days? Sorry im just trying to get things together. Thanks so much!
Nikki

:welcome:

Unfortunately, you have stumbled upon the October 2009 Walt Disney World (Florida) thread. Some of us might be able to answer your questions (Not me, never been:sad1:). The link below is for the Disneyland (CA) threads. Hopefully you can find all your answers here. Good Luck and Happy Planning!:goodvibes
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Stupid softball tounament is getting in my way of planning. Can't get the coaches to understand the vital nature of getting my tourning plans perfected before having to make my ADRs.:sad2:

Me, DH, DD14, DD14, Dmom, Ddad, Dsis, Dbil, Dniece14, Dniece12 will be at POR 10/10-10/17. We wil be attending MNSSHP for Dsis's bday 10/13

See you all then

Count us as October! 10/7-10/12! CBR!

ADRs will happen when we're 90 days out I guess! ;)

Hello to All October's!!! :thumbsup2
OOPS! Made some changes to get FDP! :cool1: Now going 10/3-10/9! Extra day and FDP!! :yay:

Is it 90 days out yet? :laughing:

OOPS! Made some changes to get FDP! :cool1: Now going 10/3-10/9! Extra day and FDP!! :yay:

I've only got 23 days until it's 90 days......Eeeeeee.

Going to be the slowest 23 days ever!

I think I'm actually counting down July more than October at the minute!!!

EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I need to plan!!!!!!!!

Added your date to the MNHSSHP list - let me know if it changes ;)

Group of 11?!:scared1: I'm getting stressed and there's just 2 of us!

Wow, the October list sure has grown lately! :)

I noticed that several people were planning on MNSSHP for October 9th. Wouldn't the party be more crowded with locals on a Friday night? Just wondering how you all picked your date for the party. We were thinking that Thursday the 8th might be less crowded? (Just thought I might be overlooking something since this is our first time going - any input would be appreciated).

I keep switching our park days around, I reallllly need Octobers park hours out so I can plan this all better, lol. Still counting down the days until I can make our ADR's as well.

Yeah, it is stressful planning for 11, but I'm just going to have a good time & not worry about it. Finally got everyone to agree on airfare, and we booked that last month. :banana:

We hadn't planned on the MNSSHP but this board is starting to get me excited. One DS(11) loves Halloween and the other DS(10) could take it or leave it.

It's our 1st trip ever to the world and I'm afraid of over doing it (is that possible?) We're staying from the 2-10th (8 nights) and have the water parks + and of course free dining. I'm already a lil overwhelmed but SO looking forward to it!!! :cool1:

We're staying at WL---anyone else?

LOL! Counting down to the countdown...hmmm...maybe another ticker! :cutie:

We are staying at AK Jambo House Oct 2-10. So excited it will be here soon. I have never stayed at this resort before last year we stayed at CBR and CSR...
See you there!!

I called today and got my tix for MNSSHP on 10/27. I'm psyched...our first not-so-scary! :yay:

Now it's a countdown to the 90 day window for ADR's and tours!!! popcorn::
Gonna feel a loong wait!

Hi, Me DH, DD(10) and DS(7) are going on our first holiday to Orlando from 16th October to 6th November. Really excitied already!:cheer2:
Staying off site in a villa at Windsor Hills.
In the process of planning what to do and what tickets to buy.
I love the planning and am spending far to much time reading all the forums!!! :surfweb:
The planning is one of the joys of the vacation!!

Oh! Count us in!!! I will be bringing my two DD's who will be 8 and 4 in October. We're staying @ POFQ from the 11th - 18th and have tickets to MNSSHP for the 13th!!! This will be my DD's second trip to DW, but first time to attend MNSSHP.
Have fun at MNSSHP

Count us as October! 10/7-10/12! CBR!

ADRs will happen when we're 90 days out I guess! ;)

Hello to All October's!!! :thumbsup2
Hello! :wave2:

Me, DH, DD14, DD14, Dmom, Ddad, Dsis, Dbil, Dniece14, Dniece12 will be at POR 10/10-10/17. We wil be attending MNSSHP for Dsis's bday 10/13

See you all then
Added :)

Changed your dates, and you have less of a wait too! Very lucky!

Right, I think that's everyone up to date.

As ever if you see anything I've done wrong please let me know!!!

112 days!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Does it still count if we arrive on Oct 31st even though the rest of our trip is Nov? We are super excited!!!:yay:

Hey Kim when did you decide to go? Last I saw you you had no plans, I bet you're excited!

Does it still count if we arrive on Oct 31st even though the rest of our trip is Nov? We are super excited!!!:yay:

Hey Kim when did you decide to go? Last I saw you you had no plans, I bet you're excited!
Of course it counts! :teeth:

We'll be at the BWI 10/25 - 11/1. Planning on MNSHHP on 10/27 (my birthday)..I think I want to go on my birthday. Need to make up my mind!

Hello, I have been lurking on these boards for a couple years now, but am just getting around to posting. I'll be at Disneyworld with my two children, staying at the Swan, from October 16-20, and doing MNSSHP on the 18th. We've been to Disney many, many times over the years, but this is the first time we'll be doing the Halloween Party - we can hardly wait!

Hi! Thanks for compiling the list! I just noticed that the dates I am traqveling on the list are just a teensy bit off. I will be staying at BWI frokm 10/17-10/24! No biggie just wanted to keep the list accurate! Thanks again for putting the list together :)

DH, Dsil and I will be in WDW 10/27 through 11/03 staying at SSR. At DH's request we will be doing MNSSHP on 10/31 and hopefully Chef's Table on his BD. Sounds like everyone on gonna have a GREAT time! See you there!:woohoo::cheer2:

We'll be at the BWI 10/25 - 11/1. Planning on MNSHHP on 10/27 (my birthday)..I think I want to go on my birthday. Need to make up my mind!
I think it's a great idea for your birthday!!!

Hello, I have been lurking on these boards for a couple years now, but am just getting around to posting. I'll be at Disneyworld with my two children, staying at the Swan, from October 16-20, and doing MNSSHP on the 18th. We've been to Disney many, many times over the years, but this is the first time we'll be doing the Halloween Party - we can hardly wait!
Welcome out of lurkdom!! :teeth:

Hi! Thanks for compiling the list! I just noticed that the dates I am traqveling on the list are just a teensy bit off. I will be staying at BWI frokm 10/17-10/24! No biggie just wanted to keep the list accurate! Thanks again for putting the list together :)
Ooops, sorry! Hopefully it's right now!

DH, Dsil and I will be in WDW 10/27 through 11/03 staying at SSR. At DH's request we will be doing MNSSHP on 10/31 and hopefully Chef's Table on his BD. Sounds like everyone on gonna have a GREAT time! See you there!:woohoo::cheer2:
OMG, I would loooove to do the chefs table!!! Please do a report!!!! :)

We'll be there 10/2-10/8 staying at Coronado Springs Resort. Travelling with DH and DD. The trip is kind of DD's 16th birthday present. She has wanted to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour for about 5 years - she has been very bummed you have to be 16 to go on it. So DH and I decided since she turns 16 this August, to give her the tour for her birthday...we just happened to wrap a weeks stay around it too! ;)

This trip is a kind of consolation prize for us. We were supposed to travel in Jan on the Magic on it's maiden voyage to St. Croix but economic times and job INsecurity what it was we decided the most mature decision would be to not take that cruise just then. *sigh*:sad2: So this is a tiny consolation for all of us for missing that trip.

Glad to meet all of y'all! :thumbsup2

We'll be there 10/2-10/8 staying at Coronado Springs Resort. Travelling with DH and DD. The trip is kind of DD's 16th birthday present. She has wanted to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour for about 5 years - she has been very bummed you have to be 16 to go on it. So DH and I decided since she turns 16 this August, to give her the tour for her birthday...we just happened to wrap a weeks stay around it too! ;)

This trip is a kind of consolation prize for us. We were supposed to travel in Jan on the Magic on it's maiden voyage to St. Croix but economic times and job INsecurity what it was we decided the most mature decision would be to not take that cruise just then. *sigh*:sad2: So this is a tiny consolation for all of us for missing that trip.

Glad to meet all of y'all! :thumbsup2

At least you are mature enough to make that decision...I hate it when people make the wrong the decision and go on vacation or buy a big home..and then "pay" for it later...

Hope you have a fabulous vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter