OFFICIAL October 2009 thread - LET US KNOW YOUR PTR LINK!

FirstTimer10, the addiction comes quick. We took a niece last Christmas (our 6th her first) and we managed the secret until we drove through the welcome signs on Epcot Center Drive. She nearly burst. Keep the secret as long as you can, the climax is worth it.

Yes, I found that out.:) I'm going to try and keep the secret for as long as I possibly can because I know they will be soooooo excited.

Change of plans!

We've upgraded to Port Orleans French Quarter for our Oct. trip! :)

Soooo, we'll be staying Oct. 2nd thru 10th at POFQ with 9-day park hoppers, and bounceback free dining. Havent decided on MNSSHP yet, we did it last year, I've done it a bunch of times now... but we'll see! :)

So excited... no, how about we fast forward to Oct!

This Oct trip makes our third stay at POFQ and our 2nd wedding anniversary. The charm of the resort totally won us over.

Hi I just joined the Dis boards!! I've been lurking for a whle trying to decide when to go to WDW. I booked today for October 22- 29, staying @ POR. My dd is 6 and ds 3- still trying to decide if MNSSHP is for us. We've never taken a family vacation, i'm hoping this will be the first of many trips to Disney!!
p.s. i love this dancing banana!!!!

All set for 10/29 to 11/7.....Yahoo
MNSSHP - 10/31 Halloween night

Staying at the Swan for 179.00 a night, unless Disney comes up with a better offer on a Deluxe resort in the Epcot area.

I kinda doubt it !!!

Hi I just joined the Dis boards!! I've been lurking for a whle trying to decide when to go to WDW. I booked today for October 22- 29, staying @ POR. My dd is 6 and ds 3- still trying to decide if MNSSHP is for us. We've never taken a family vacation, i'm hoping this will be the first of many trips to Disney!!
:welcome:
We will be there too at that time!:banana:(and I love the dancing banana)

MNSSHP is awsome. Your DD6 will love it. ds3 might get a little tired...it's awfully late.

Hi to all-

Leaving October 3-9 with the family. I have a 5 and 7 year old and they can barely contain their excitement. We made them a countdown calendar, so they can keep track of how many days left. I have been to Disney 3 times in the past, but it has been almost 15 years ago. It will be my husband's first time also and he spends a lot of time reading and planning! This is our first trip, but I'm sure it won't be our last ;)

were heading down september 30th til october 8th. asmovies. my 6th trip hubbys fouth and 1st for the kids ages 4(august) and two they are super excited. i cant wait to take them!!! this is an early tenth weddign anniversary trip. we were hoping to spend it there with free dining but that didnt happen.

We (me, DH, DD7, DS9, DS4) are going Oct 23-31st and staying at POR. Although I hope that FD comes out to disney visa again and we can stay at AsMu suites. Couldn't use 4/3 PIN on music. I haven't stayed at either, but think I would like music better. Worried about POR buses I guess. Anyway, we had Oct 3 - 10th reserved and then switched it to 23-31. Hoping I didn't regret my decision. We are hoping for cooler weather and lower crowds since it won't be free dining. Anyone go Halloween week before?

Not sure yet on MNSSHP. We went 2 years ago and LOVED it. It is just sooo expensive for all 5 of us to go. Still trying to decide. We really "weren't going to Disney" again this year :rotfl:

I'm 7 kinds of excited, I just got our MNSSHP tickets today!
We'll be there on the 22nd for the party, and then staying til the 27th.
On top of that we booked POFQ and it's our first stay at a moderate. So

I've been lurking for about 7 years actually,...lol and finally decided that with two trips this year, I pretty much had to start posting. :)

Jinxy

Hi to all-

Leaving October 3-9 with the family. I have a 5 and 7 year old and they can barely contain their excitement. We made them a countdown calendar, so they can keep track of how many days left. I have been to Disney 3 times in the past, but it has been almost 15 years ago. It will be my husband's first time also and he spends a lot of time reading and planning! This is our first trip, but I'm sure it won't be our last ;)

We'll be there October 2-11. Where are you staying?

Okay everyone, I have had FOOD on the brain for days...I can't make my ADR's until July 4 which seems like FOREVER!!

Here is my wish list:

'Ohana for dinner x 2 nights (this is our all time favorite place)
Kona Cafe dinner
Sci-Fi dinner
Yak & Yeti late lunch
Chefs de' France dinner
Teppan Edo dinner

Gina

Hi guys!!!! So sorry I haven't been on for a while! I wont be making that mistake again :scared1: look at how many new October folk!!!!!!

Anyone else as nervous as me for ADR time??? I'm worried the hours wont be out in time for my 90 days on the 3rd July.

Hello all! First off, let me start by saying i am sooooooo excited to be going to Disney this year! My parents, and DBF all really, really, wanted to go on a cruise with carnival :sick: Things like this do not interest me! BUT! I have made a deal! We're all still going on the cruise, but DBF and I are going on a short 6 night 7 day trip in early october since the cruise is in august!!!! YAYYYYY!!!!!! I will definetly be taking advantage of the Free Dining again this year so im looking at sept 26-3 or oct 3-10. My birthday is on oct.12th but it looks like we're going to miss it by just a hair! :( shucks! Anywho, happy planning to all! And i may be asking questions about the new ADR system! Has anyone used it yet???

:wave2: Sounds a lot of fun!!! Let us know when you have definite dates!

Just booked October 21-26 camping at The Fort. We've been to Disney many times, but never camped so I'm super excited about this trip!
:cutie:
Count us in for Oct 24-31! We're staying offsite in a vacation home since we'll have 10 people traveling.
Added!
We're also staying at Pop Oct 4-10 for our 1st trip to WDW. It's also our first vacation together! We have our MNSSHP tix for the 9th! Pretty excited and wishing July was here for the park hours
I can't wait for July either!!
I love Oct. in the world, this will be my third oct. trip. The plan is POP from 10/2 to 10/10. We have FREE DINING because we booked our original trip as bounceback last october.
Welcome to the October team!!
Hey fellow October people!! We are headed there Oct 17-24.
Not sure when we will be attending the party, but planning on seeing the headless horseman!!
I'm excited for the horsemen too!
Please take us off the October list. We have cancelled. We are going to the Ploy in December instead.
Oooh, have a wonderful stay and enjoy the xmas lights!!
We're going Oct 9-19th and staying at CSR for the first time. Got my MNSSHP tickets already and looking forward to Food/Wine fest, cooler temps, and smaller crowds (than were normally used to in June).
I'm excited for F&W too!
Oct. 27th - Nov. 7th going home to OKW. Doing the mnsshp 29th and 31st and can't wait to get there.
Wow, 2 MNSSHPs!! Very cool!
Hello!!
We will be staying at the Beach Club from the 14th-17th. We are boarding our 2nd DCL on the 17th.
We will be doing MNSSHP on Oct.15th!!!
Have a wonderful stay!!! And an amazing cruise!
Hello all. I've been absent from the disboards for awhile but I'm back! I'll be at WDW from Oct 17-26! I'm staying at Wilderness Lodge by myself from Oct. 17-20 and then my BFF is coming down to meet me and we're moving on to Animal Kingdom Lodge (concierge floor - drool!). I'm doing MNSSHP solo on Sunday Oct 18 and then again with my BFF on Oct. 20. Yes, I love Disney at Halloween that much.
Oooh, WL and AKL CL, very lucky!!!!
I have a PTR now, if you want to put it by my name. Thanks Torsie!
Added! I'm gonna go read it now!
POFQ 12-18. Not sure which MNSSHP yet :-)
Cool - let us know when you do and I'll add you to the list! :dance3:
11th-18th here at CSR :) And 13/10 for MNSSHP.
:thumbsup2
We will be there 10/18-10/23 2009 staying at the BWV
:woohoo:
YAY!! Just got off the phone and my trip is planned for Oct 20-26. And going to MNSSHP on Oct 22!!!! We will be staying at the Yacht Club, and in the year of celebrations, we not only got engaged in January at the world but now we are celebrating our honeymoon!
Awww, have a wonderful Honeymoon! I can't wait for mine!
We'll be at the POP 10/3 - 10/10 with free dining. This is our first time to Walt Disney World & we will also be celebrating my birthday on the 7th. We are soooooo excited & can't wait!!!!
Have a lovely birthday!!
We'll be there the 16-24th ! ! ! :cool1:
:woohoo:
Reservations at POP 10/1 to 10/6
can't wait !!!
:yay:
Change of plans!

We've upgraded to Port Orleans French Quarter for our Oct. trip! :)
All updated!
:banana::banana::banana:
All set for 10/29 to 11/7.....Yahoo
MNSSHP - 10/31 Halloween night
Staying at the Swan for 179.00 a night, unless Disney comes up with a better offer on a Deluxe resort in the Epcot area.
Wow! Great rate!!!
Leaving October 3-9 with the family. I have a 5 and 7 year old and they can barely contain their excitement. We made them a countdown calendar, so they can keep track of how many days left.
I bet they love that calendar!! I sure would!
were heading down september 30th til october 8th. asmovies.
:dance3:
We (me, DH, DD7, DS9, DS4) are going Oct 23-31st and staying at POR.
:upsidedow
We'll be there on the 22nd for the party, and then staying til the 27th.
On top of that we booked POFQ and it's our first stay at a moderate.
I've been lurking for about 7 years actually,...lol and finally decided that with two trips this year, I pretty much had to start posting.
Wow! 7 years of lurking!! Glad you're posting, you must be an expert now!

Phew! That was a lot of updates!! Sorry again guys!

I will be arriving on 10/17 and leaving on 10/24 and staying at the BWI for the FIRST time. I :lovestruc the BC when I stayed there a few years back so i am sure I will adore BWI as well.

We will be going to MNSSHP on the 20th and I for one will be dressing up...though the rest of the family will probably not!

I've never been in october and am SO excited to be able to FINALLY experience WDW in the fall!

oct. 2 to 12 free dining woohooo for 10 days !!!:goodvibes

Just Booked!! Oct 25 - 31st at POR FQ...MNSSHP on the 27th!

Celebrating our 3rd Anniversary & DD 1st birthday!!!:banana::banana:

I need to start thinking about planning my trip. This is my first one i have had to plan. (other was planned for me). I need to know about the dining planning and any other things i need to plan in advance.. PLEASE HELP!! We are doing the dining with 1 quick and 1 sit down!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter