*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

We leave 1 week from tomorrow!! I have so much to do this week - finish packing, pay any bills due while we are gone, go to the bank to get some cash, clean my house, get my nails done and we are going to get some last minute things from Walmart later today.

So far the weather looks fantastic! I know it can change, but this is one of the big reasons why I am excited to go back in November again.. we've gone in Sept the last 2 years and the heat/humidity was just brutal and it rains so much. I am so excited for the nicer and more comfortable weather. ::yes::

I leave Tuesday and I have your whole list to do all that. I haven't started packing yet. Yikes!

Am I crazy....thinking of not rope dropping SDD and just doing it if the wait time is reasonable later or doing it during EMH the next day. We're going next Saturday the 10th. We'll have a stroller, and I don't think I want to be in the mass of people herding towards it. I was thinking of doing Woody and Jesse, then AS2 and TSMM first. Then go do some shows. Will I regret that?

How much do you think you can get done in EMH? I'm hoping we could at least ride SDD once during it

Am I crazy....thinking of not rope dropping SDD and just doing it if the wait time is reasonable later or doing it during EMH the next day. We're going next Saturday the 10th. We'll have a stroller, and I don't think I want to be in the mass of people herding towards it. I was thinking of doing Woody and Jesse, then AS2 and TSMM first. Then go do some shows. Will I regret that?

How much do you think you can get done in EMH? I'm hoping we could at least ride SDD once during it

We are going to HS on the 9th. We aren't rope dropping SDD because my son wants to do Jedi Training and we do have a FP for SDD that day. We are also starting our day Sunday at the EMH and I think we will rope drop it then. I am pretty sure he will want to ride it more than once .

As to how much we will get done during EMH, ihave no clue .

We are going to HS on the 9th. We aren't rope dropping SDD because my son wants to do Jedi Training and we do have a FP for SDD that day. We are also starting our day Sunday at the EMH and I think we will rope drop it then. I am pretty sure he will want to ride it more than once .

As to how much we will get done during EMH, ihave no clue .
I unfortunately couldn't get a FP for SDD, so standby is my only option. I keep looking, but I've had no luck!

I unfortunately couldn't get a FP for SDD, so standby is my only option. I keep looking, but I've had no luck!
We're in the same boat. SDD was the only FP we couldn't get at our 60 day mark. I have been trying every day since with no luck. We are a party of 8 so it is more difficult, but I even try for 2 or 3 of us and nothing. Our DHS day is 11/12 and we plan on arriving early and we are going to RD it. I will keep check for fps even up until the day before! Good luck!

Saturday November 10 is currently has some FOP passes!! Just modified the one I had so hurry over to MDE if you need one!

Also noticed that our second AK day (Monday November 12) has a few as well!

Ugh, the weather for next week! (Nov 3-10) Do you think it is to be believed?

I hope not!! It seems to keep fluctuating. I’ve only been in Nov one other time (last year) and it was beautiful weather. It drizzled off and on for a couple of hours one day and then rained off and on another, but it was nothing terrible. It was in the 70’s during the day and low 60’s at night. It might not have been reasonable, but people were talking about the nice weather recently so I was hoping it would continue. I was definitely prepared for “cooler” weather (I’m from Southern California and need a jacket at 65 or 70). I’m going to have to unpack and repack if it doesn’t change.

I’m considering rd SDD but I probably won’t. I waited in August in stand by and it was only 60 minutes. I go back and forth. As long as it’s not too warm, the que isn’t too bad.

We are packed up and about to hit the bed for our 3 am wake up.

DDs strep culture came back negative so that’s a relief. I packed up every medicine we own just in case of anything. Lol

Have a great trip and yay for the negative strep test.

We leave Tuesday and my son came home from school today with a fever. He said his throat hurts. I just put him to bed with some ibuprofen and will call the doctor in the morning. Whoever is spreading these sick germs, needs to stop. As I said to my husband, at least it happened today and not MOnday.

FX he feels better soon.

Well, it’s almost time! We leave 6 am Saturday.

To get in the mood, I finally watched Tangled tonight. Don’t know why it took me so long, but now that I’ve seen it, it is probably one of my favorite Disney movies. Now I’m really going to cry during HEA.

Tangled is a great movie. I love the music.

I ordered some Sparkle skirts yesterday for myself, anyone have some? A couple of my DIS friends swear by them so hoping I like them and they fit!

Never heard of them but googled. They are cute. I haven't tried athletic skirts/skorts before. I hate wearing shorts so this might be a good alternative for me.

Saw that the AK Jambo pool will reopen next week but not regretting the switch to Poly!

It opens up the day we check out. We just have a short stay before our disney cruise. They did get it done really early which is great.

Now that Halloween is over and my kids are done with Fall sports, I can focus on packing!

Ugh we still have fall sports here. They are killing me this year. The weekend we get back is playoff/championship weekend for soccer then we're done. Good thing because spring baseball tryouts are going on now.

finish packing, pay any bills due while we are gone, go to the bank to get some cash, clean my house, get my nails done and we are going to get some last minute things from Walmart later today.

I have all this on my list and I leave in 13 hours. I did get up early today to do some cleaning and start packing. DH hit up Walmart for me so I don't think I need to do that but I'm sure I'll think of something else I need to stop for.

I am completely freaking out! 2 hours and 15 minutes of work left.

I’m considering rd SDD but I probably won’t. I waited in August in stand by and it was only 60 minutes. I go back and forth. As long as it’s not too warm, the que isn’t too bad.

I just don't want to deal with the mass of people heading to it in the morning. I'm thinking I can hit up Jesse and Woody without much of any wait first thing.

Two weeks from today we'll be waking up at Poly! Saw that the AK Jambo pool will reopen next week but not regretting the switch to Poly!

16th for MVMCP, 17th JBJB dessert party, and EMM on the 18th plus hopping to Epcot for the Festival of the Holidays! (Plus some AK time in the 17th too). Booked this trip bc the resale DVC contract we bought last December came with banked points that expire Nov 30th... think I spent the equivalent of the "free" room on extra stuff instead.

We arrive 2 weeks from today early in the morning and will be at the party that night and will be at HS on the 17th but not doing the dessert party. We will also be at Epcot on the 18th.

Is anyone else having issues with MDE showing your FPs? Both the app and computer keep telling me
All packed & ready to go. 6 hours till we head to the Philly airport.

I will be at the Philly airport tomorrow, but not quite that early and I am not going to Disney until Tuesday.

Is anyone else having issues with MDE showing your FPs? Both the app and computer keep telling me

I will be at the Philly airport tomorrow, but not quite that early and I am not going to Disney until Tuesday.
The app is not working for me right now. I keep getting the message "We are unable to complete your request at this time" every time I try to check my plans.:sad2:

I hope everyone who is leaving soon has a great trip!!pixiedust: We don't check in until November 26 so we still have a few weeks left. My younger 2 kids have a cold and cough they just gave to me.:sad2: My oldest ds and husband don't have it yet, so they will probably get it soon. Hopefully we will all be over it before we go.:)

Yup, my app won't load at all and MDE is really spotty, even in incognito. I'm currently showing up in my friend's reservation on her FastPasses instead of her (we don't arrive until 2 days later). If it doesn't get better soon, I'm going to call. Sigh.

The app is not working for me right now. I keep getting the message "We are unable to complete your request at this time" every time I try to check my plans.:sad2:

Apparently, I started the first part and then forgot about it. :rolleyes2 I am getting annoyed with it. I can't even get the app to work on my husband's phone.

MDE is definitely being weird. Most of my FPs are showing an icon of balloons and not naming the ride!

So, since we usually drive, this is my first time flying to WDW in many years. I have researched the TSA site on what I can and cannot bring ( just doing carry on since it's a short trip) . I am going to be lost without my grabber! I told my DD that she will have to pick up anything I drop. :)
Anyhow, when I go to United's website I see our reservation and seat numbers. Am I supposed to do anything before I leave my house on the evening of our flight? Do we check in online or at the airport? Am I supposed to print our boarding passes?
As you can see, I know nothing about flying! Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

MDE is definitely being weird. Most of my FPs are showing an icon of balloons and not naming the ride!

So, since we usually drive, this is my first time flying to WDW in many years. I have researched the TSA site on what I can and cannot bring ( just doing carry on since it's a short trip) . I am going to be lost without my grabber! I told my DD that she will have to pick up anything I drop. :)
Anyhow, when I go to United's website I see our reservation and seat numbers. Am I supposed to do anything before I leave my house on the evening of our flight? Do we check in online or at the airport? Am I supposed to print our boarding passes?
As you can see, I know nothing about flying! Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
I know the feeling well! I flew for the first time a couple of years ago and needed so much advice when it came to flying and flying to WDW.
You can check in online starting 24 hours before your flight. With most airlines I’ve flown (including United) I recommend checking in as soon as you can. Then you should be prompted to print out your boarding pass(es) for your flight there, or see an icon with the option. I print out my boarding pass and download the app to get my boarding pass on my phone to have my bases covered. You can usually print it out at the airport but I flew out of a small airport once and they didn’t have the kiosk at my terminal so I just do it to be safe.
If you’re staying onsite, for your way home WDW will put your magical express departure info in an envelope on your door the day before you leave. If you fly out of specific airlines and have seat assignments you will also get your boarding pass in that envelope.
I have found the WDW ME website to be helpful for my WDW specific questions. (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magical-express/ )
I don’t know the link but there is also a FAQ MCO thread on the dis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter