OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

I just checked out Skipper's menu and it sounds good to me. Looks like there are a few options for dh and the kids. They don't have any openings so I'll have to check later.

Tony's has some open times. Any thoughts on Tony's? It seems to get a lot of horrible reviews and a lot of people say it's like an Olive Garden. My dh and kids really like Olive Garden so maybe that's an option too. I'm picky about my Italian but I plan on stuffing my face with nachos while in Epcot anyway.

Slots at Skipper's seem to open up all the time. Never been to Tony's but the reviews scare me too! I'll be curious to hear if others have had a good experience - I've thought about trying it!

I just checked out Skipper's menu and it sounds good to me. Looks like there are a few options for dh and the kids. They don't have any openings so I'll have to check later.

Tony's has some open times. Any thoughts on Tony's? It seems to get a lot of horrible reviews and a lot of people say it's like an Olive Garden. My dh and kids really like Olive Garden so maybe that's an option too. I'm picky about my Italian but I plan on stuffing my face with nachos while in Epcot anyway.

My very picky Italian family actually likes Tony's! I mean it's not Via Napoli, or Tutto Italia, but it's fine food and it's good for a last minute sit down. Plus I happen to think the decor is really cute. Last time I went was in 2013 on the last day I was in WDW before leaving Florida after my DCP and my mom and I popped into Tony's as we were hungry and tired, and it really hit the spot. I can't remember what we ate which means it wasn't spectacular but it also wasn't horrible. I think a lot of the negative reviews are because it's really rather run of the mill.

I just went to change my FOP FP+ for 11/12 to something later and saw a bunch of time slots open. I don’t know if it’s because I modified it instead of making a new reservation, but it’s worth a check if anyone is looking for them :)
Edit: I was also able to change my river journey fp on another day of the trip.

My very picky Italian family actually likes Tony's! I mean it's not Via Napoli, or Tutto Italia, but it's fine food and it's good for a last minute sit down. Plus I happen to think the decor is really cute. Last time I went was in 2013 on the last day I was in WDW before leaving Florida after my DCP and my mom and I popped into Tony's as we were hungry and tired, and it really hit the spot. I can't remember what we ate which means it wasn't spectacular but it also wasn't horrible. I think a lot of the negative reviews are because it's really rather run of the mill.

Thanks for your opinion on Tony's.

I just went to change my FOP FP+ for 11/12 to something later and saw a bunch of time slots open. I don’t know if it’s because I modified it instead of making a new reservation, but it’s worth a check if anyone is looking for them :)
Edit: I was also able to change my river journey fp on another day of the trip.

That's great news.

I keep checking 11/16 and 11/17 for a 7DMT and there's NOTHING. There are several attractions that are out of FP in the MK. Now I am scared LOL

I just read on fb that they released more FOP fast passes which is good news for me. I need them early on my trip and I figured I wouldn't get one but maybe now I will. Also realized I can make my fastpasses a day earlier than I thought since we have one night at POP. I thought it worked like ADRs and considers them 2 separate stays with different ADR dates.

I read about there being more FOP released in Oct and was able to switch my Na'vi to FOP on 11/17. I looked at moving my 11/18 FOP FP earlier and there were PLENTY of options!

Hi there, I'm new to the boards however wanted to share FOP fp's are available on 11/17-lots of them! I was a bit disappointed when no availability on my "original" park planned day and tweaked our plans. I got up this morning and decided to check and wah-lah, availability! :yay:

I saw a post on Facebook about FOP FPs opening up for November, so I jumped on MDE and was able to snag morning FPs for our group of 5 on November 13th. I've never been happier to have to completely re-work my plan for a park day before :teeth:

I have to tell you, I love you people. I saw your posts about more FP and I was able to snag another FoP on my day two at the exact time I wanted. Now I have that one and another on day five... so the dilemma is, do I keep the day 5 one or swap it for Na'vi? My gut it telling me to keep it and do standby, but I don't want to miss a chance.

My day 2 FP are done at noon - do you think I'll have a chance to pick up Na'vi that day as my fourth? We are a party of four.

I just noted these 2 on my list so I remember to look for them. Are you not picky about the times?

I'm just looking for the BOG dinner on 11/26. I have alerts setup on TP and MD. It's not a big deal if I don't get it.

Anyone have any recommendations for something else? We'll be in Epcot during the day and wanted to hop over to MK for dinner and HEA. I was thinking about trying to get 1900 for dinner but we're doing breakfast there so maybe that's overkill. We've never eaten there before. We could just eat in Epcot like a late lunch or early dinner.
Thank you. I will search for your BOG. I haven't read through to all the replies. But 1900 parkfare dinner is our favorite character interaction. Plus different characters between breakfast and dinner.

....so the dilemma is, do I keep the day 5 one or swap it for Na'vi? My gut it telling me to keep it and do standby, but I don't want to miss a chance.

My day 2 FP are done at noon - do you think I'll have a chance to pick up Na'vi that day as my fourth? We are a party of four.
Keep FOP. If you have never ridden it, you will WANT to ride it more than once. My dh I were there early June and had to ride standby and wait times were BRUTAL. Far longer than standby for Na'vi if you are unable to get a fourth FP.

We will be back around Thanksgiving this year for 13 days. I have 3 FOP FP+ and only 1 Na'vi FP+ scheduled. If it were up to me Na'vi would be a "one and done", but dh really enjoyed it. :confused3

Keep FOP. If you have never ridden it, you will WANT to ride it more than once. My dh I were there early June and had to ride standby and wait times were BRUTAL. Far longer than standby for Na'vi if you are unable to get a fourth FP.

We will be back around Thanksgiving this year for 13 days. I have 3 FOP FP+ and only 1 Na'vi FP+ scheduled. If it were up to me Na'vi would be a "one and done", but dh really enjoyed it. :confused3
Heck I have ridden it 3 times now and am excited to get to ride again soon! And didn't think I would get one for Thanksgiving week - and just got 4! And swapped out a day for trip in 2 weeks and got FoP for my MiL and SiL who have never been to AK! With all the availability of NRJ I am gonna take a chance that there will be FP that pop up.

Wow, thanks for the heads-up on the FoP FP+s! I was able to change our Nov 15 NRJ to a 9 AM FoP--we will arrive around 9, ride NRJ standby, then do FoP. Also, I was able to move up my 1:35 FoP on Nov 17 to 12:55. I know, not a huge difference, but I'll take it! I also have one for 9:35 AM Nov 19. Yay!!

So, in 2 days, my countdown enters the 40s.
In 9 days, I can say, "I'm going to Disney World next month!"
These are the little mind games I play with myself as I wait for my trip to get here.:D
I do the same thing! It makes it seem much closer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter