OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

We've been back for less than a month, and we just booked our next trip :)

We'll be there Nov. 8th-18th, renting DVC points for the first time and staying at Bay Lake Tower, Lake view!!! Can't wait!

This will also be the first time we drive instead of flying.

To everyone going, have a great trip!

We're seriously considering booking for the week of Thanksgiving this year! We're a little concerned about the crowds. It would be our family of 5 plus my inlaws, in their 60s. That would be different for us as we've only been by ourselves! I'm wondering how Thanksgiving week looks compared to early summer (late May or early June) which are the trips we've taken before. I'd love any advice!

We're booked Nov. 11 - Nov. 18
11/11 - Grandson's Birthday
11/12 - Husband's Birthday

Hubby and I are staying at POR, Riverview Royal room.
Daughter, SIL and GS (turning 6) staying at AOA, Mermaid room
Son and DIL staying at AOA, Mermaid room

I'm so exited, its been MANY years since I've been!

My oldest daughter has had her DCP acceptance less than 7 hours for fall internship and we are already for thanksgiving! DH exchanged our timeshare for that week. Hoping we can squeeze a couple more days starting onsite! And I found out about thanksgiving on Facebook:rotfl:

We're seriously considering booking for the week of Thanksgiving this year! We're a little concerned about the crowds. It would be our family of 5 plus my inlaws, in their 60s. That would be different for us as we've only been by ourselves! I'm wondering how Thanksgiving week looks compared to early summer (late May or early June) which are the trips we've taken before. I'd love any advice!

I can't offer you concrete crowd advice but I have friends who work in the resorts and say that Thanksgiving is pretty nuts.

THOSE OF YOU USING SPREASHEETS!!!

Care to share some screen shots. I have a spreadsheet that isn't overly detailed and I'd like to add to it some.

so to ease my excitement I am doing a slightly different countdown it's 282 days til check in which means.....102 til ADR time whooohoo.

So now I'm counting it down like that!!
This is super rough draft ADR plans we would like
Chef Mickey Breakfast
Be Our Guest Dinner (DD loves the Beast) this might be a dessert kinda thing the menu doesn't thrill me
Coral Reef Lunch Candlelight package...maybe??
Cinderella Royal Table Breakfast...maybe??
Crystal Palace Lunch...this is another one that's a maybe
Rain Forest Café dinner
Boat Wright's at our hotel for Dinner
Tusker House dinner (maybe???)
Then we will have another Epcot day and are up in the air for that meal maybe San Angel Inn or head over to Cape May Cafe

so to ease my excitement I am doing a slightly different countdown it's 282 days til check in which means.....102 til ADR time whooohoo.

Chef Mickey Breakfast
Be Our Guest Dinner (DD loves the Beast) this might be a dessert kinda thing the menu doesn't thrill me
Rain Forest Café dinner
Then we will have another Epcot day and are up in the air for that meal maybe San Angel Inn or head over to Cape May Cafe

I really enjoyed our Be Our Guest Dinner. I had the Chicken and it was very good, wasn't a huge fan or the rice though.

Chef Mickey Breakfast
Rain Forest Café dinner

I really enjoy BOG. I love their steak! I've always wanted to try Boatwrights, but haven't carved it out on any of POR trips yet. This spring we are staying at CBR because it was cheaper. I think I'll be missing POR though. I haven't even thought about ADR's for November yet!!!! I'm doing a family trip in late October backing up to my runcation early November so I am going to try not to do any duplicates I know.

I really enjoy BOG. I love their steak! I've always wanted to try Boatwrights, but haven't carved it out on any of POR trips yet. This spring we are staying at CBR because it was cheaper. I think I'll be missing POR though. I haven't even thought about ADR's for November yet!!!! I'm doing a family trip in late October backing up to my runcation early November so I am going to try not to do any duplicates I know.

We plan on doing Boatwright's on Friday when we check in...we will hit Kennedy before driving in so after several fast food meals I'm excited to have a sit down option. We're from Louisiana but we love the food so we're excited.

I didn't think about the steak I was more looking at the sandwiches which seemed kinda ugh to me lol....I'm a little picky though that's why so many buffet and breakfast meals.

We plan on doing Boatwright's on Friday when we check in...we will hit Kennedy before driving in so after several fast food meals I'm excited to have a sit down option. We're from Louisiana but we love the food so we're excited.

I didn't think about the steak I was more looking at the sandwiches which seemed kinda ugh to me lol....I'm a little picky though that's why so many buffet and breakfast meals.

I don't think there are many sandwiches on the dinner menu so make sure you check it out. I think my BFF had the lamb one time and enjoyed it at dinner. I was not super impressed with lunch at BOG. The sandwiches were a little blah to me. The Master's Cupcake was better than the gray stuff dessert at dinner though. The cookie part on it was just hard. I prefer the lemon or strawberry cupcake at dinner.

So, what all will be new to you this trip?

Things I know about that are new for us are:
Frozen Ever After (literally missed this by a week last time)
ROL
New Wishes
New Soarin'

Hmmm.... What else?!

New to us:

-New MK welcome show.
-ROL
-New MK Fireworks and New MK projection show
- Frozen Ever After new to kids/wife (I caught when if was there for Nov RunDisney)

So, what all will be new to you this trip?

Things I know about that are new for us are:
Frozen Ever After (literally missed this by a week last time)
ROL
New Wishes
New Soarin'

Hmmm.... What else?!

All of the above for me as well.
Also, there's a new Soarin'? o_O

All of the above for me as well.
Also, there's a new Soarin'? o_O

It has a new name. No longer Soarin' over California. It's something else. It premiered at Shanghai when it opened and then replaced the old show at WDW, also!

ETA: I didn't know about a new MK welcome show! Is it a different song? Different characters? No more Mayor?! I have no idea!

New to us will be...
  • MK Welcome Show in front of the castle
  • Once Upon A Time and Happily Ever After at MK
  • Rivers of Light
  • Pandora
  • Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge and hopefully construction will be done
New to the rest of our party...pretty much everything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter