OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Is the construction at CBR affecting anyone's plans? I'm wondering how it might affect availability of free dining at other resorts! (Thinking a lot of people may move resorts due to the closure of the dining area and shop!)

If they do offer free dining, I am thinking they will limit it at the other mods to entice occupancy at CBR.

Joining the party and happy to be here! Does anyone remember when they open up reservations for the Candlelight Processional? I want to get a rough date on the calendar now so I remember to book.

Joining the party and happy to be here! Does anyone remember when they open up reservations for the Candlelight Processional? I want to get a rough date on the calendar now so I remember to book.
Me too! We're going to be there during the dates Neil Patrick Harris has usually been the narrator, and I've got fingers and toes crossed we can book one of his performances if he's there again.

It has a new name. No longer Soarin' over California. It's something else. It premiered at Shanghai when it opened and then replaced the old show at WDW, also!

ETA: I didn't know about a new MK welcome show! Is it a different song? Different characters? No more Mayor?! I have no idea!

It's called Soarin' around the world.... totally worth checking it out! Also, new MK welcome: They let you in early - like 8:15 to roam the shops on Main Street, get photopass pictures, get coffee and stop you at the hub for a castle show that lasts about 2 minutes. Mickey and friends come out, say hello and wave, shoot off a couple of fireworks and open the park about 9 am.. nothing special imho.. (no Mayor and no songs)

Haven't made reservations yet (waiting for any promos that come out in April) but planning of Oct 30 - Nov 3. We always stay at POP! love it there. Love the Food and Wine too.

It's called Soarin' around the world.... totally worth checking it out! Also, new MK welcome: They let you in early - like 8:15 to roam the shops on Main Street, get photopass pictures, get coffee and stop you at the hub for a castle show that lasts about 2 minutes. Mickey and friends come out, say hello and wave, shoot off a couple of fireworks and open the park about 9 am.. nothing special imho.. (no Mayor and no songs)

Any idea if they do the same on EMH mornings? It sure will be nice to not be jammed into the waiting area for MK to open!

Dropping in to let you November DISers know that MK will close early on Thursday, November 30th. It's the private CM Service Celebration that will be held that evening and MK should close at 4:30p.

Hope it doesn't impact too many of you!
It won't now!!! Thanks so much for the info!

Any idea if they do the same on EMH mornings? It sure will be nice to not be jammed into the waiting area for MK to open!
I wasn't there on EMH morning - just regular morning.... but it actually made it less congested IMHO... Those that want to get to a specific ride first off in the am just went to that area's pathway.. We wanted Peter Pan first so we went over to the Fantasyland path to the left of the castle. It worked well for us.

We just booked in celebration of my 50th BDay - 11/25-12/9 = 14 Glorious nights at AKL.
We haven't been since 2002. Just 2 adults. Got a great deal on 10-Day Base Tickets at MapleLeaf Tickets going thru the allears.net website (even lucked out with the old WDW ticket prices). Debating on DDP. Excited to follow this thread.

Last edited:
Dropping in to let you November DISers know that MK will close early on Thursday, November 30th. It's the private CM Service Celebration that will be held that evening and MK should close at 4:30p.

Thanks for the info just checked our rough plan and no we will be good planning Epcot that day!

We will be there in November! Not 100% sure which week yet as I am trying to decide between a shorter stay at a deluxe or longer at a mod :) If they release free dining we will for sure plan for CBR if its available as the construction doesn't bother us and its the best bang for the buck! Not to mention the whole family of 5 thing limits our options:)

Good to know. I haven't planned days yet so I'll have to remember this. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter