OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

I hate it when work interferes with my DIS time :badpc: ;)
Ugh I know! All next week is vacation for me, except Wednesday-- which is my 180. I almost threw a fit when I saw the schedule! (Who schedules a mandatory meeting on the Wednesday in the middle of a week off anyway?!)

If anyone was looking for Diamond Horseshoe in MK, ADR's for it opened up this morning !!!!!
I'm excited it was our first choice but was not available on my 180 day, food similar to HDDR which DH loves
Now my MK day is perfect

For anyone with an odd number having trouble getting ADRs, try looking for the next even number up. Not sure why, but we are a party of 5 this time and several places I was able to get a reservation at a good time for 6 but they had nothing for 5. It isn't all restaurants either but worth trying. Also, I was skeptical about the TP reservation finder but it did work for me, just took a week or so. Good luck!

For anyone with an odd number having trouble getting ADRs, try looking for the next even number up. Not sure why, but we are a party of 5 this time and several places I was able to get a reservation at a good time for 6 but they had nothing for 5. It isn't all restaurants either but worth trying. Also, I was skeptical about the TP reservation finder but it did work for me, just took a week or so. Good luck!
I'm curious have you tried to modify the ADR's from 6 to 5 or will you just wait until you arrive?
I played around with a few places when there was nothing for a party of 2 but was afraid to book a party of 4 as in most cases no openings for 3.
I guess odd number tables are the difficult ones to find.
In years past I had trouble with finding a party of 2 but seems not to be the case this year.
I totally agree about Touring plans reservation finder, that is how I got my CP Breakfast

I'm curious have you tried to modify the ADR's from 6 to 5 or will you just wait until you arrive?
I played around with a few places when there was nothing for a party of 2 but was afraid to book a party of 4 as in most cases no openings for 3.
I guess odd number tables are the difficult ones to find.
In years past I had trouble with finding a party of 2 but seems not to be the case this year.
I totally agree about Touring plans reservation finder, that is how I got my CP Breakfast

I think in one case I did and one I didn't. I can't remember the others. CM was one place it really made a difference and since I had a hard time finding a decent dinner time I didn't want to mess with it so left it at 6. I read somewhere that it wouldn't hurt anything to show up with less as long as we show up.

I think in one case I did and one I didn't. I can't remember the others. CM was one place it really made a difference and since I had a hard time finding a decent dinner time I didn't want to mess with it so left it at 6. I read somewhere that it wouldn't hurt anything to show up with less as long as we show up.
I think I would just show up with 1 less myself

I've showed up with one or two less before. One time for a runcation two people backed out (after paying tons of money for race fees) and we still had no issues. I wasn't giving up prime reservations if I couldn't adjust them!

Decided to add the Seasonal Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Package this morning for our arrival day. I thought that might be a nice way to start our trip. I was surprised to see so many openings for lunch, but I've heard that it's a good way to save a FP. Thoughts?

Decided to add the Seasonal Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Package this morning for our arrival day. I thought that might be a nice way to start our trip. I was surprised to see so many openings for lunch, but I've heard that it's a good way to save a FP. Thoughts?
We really enjoyed it. The characters were great, food was pretty good, and the "free" Fantasmic vouchers were worth it alone.

We really enjoyed it. The characters were great, food was pretty good, and the "free" Fantasmic vouchers were worth it alone.
I second all of this. Food definitely isn't anything to write home about, but it's not bad. What's going to be especially fun is that you'll get the Minnie's Holiday Dine theme, and all the characters will be dressed for Christmas!

I know I am in minority (or alone!) here but majority (if not all of trip) will be offsite. How are restaurants offsite? packed? Will probably get around to doing a lunch or 2 while in parks but we aren't picky. Depending on flights may start onsite and end onsite. Wish all airlines would open schedule at same time LOL

And holy cow on SW prices. Anywhere from STL to MCO on 18 or 19th to home on 26th-flights are $300 each cheaper by extending to 29th, but it means kids miss more school. If I have to pay those prices will just wait for allegiant to open up and save 3 hour each way drive time and parking fees.

Our ADR day is next week. We haven't upgraded from quick service but feel like I should make reservations just in case we decide to. I know I do this every year but it is hard to plan what days you want to do what. Plus, since flight prices were insane and CSR was sold out 11/30, our trip is shorter than normal so I'm trying to decide what is truly most important. Plus, I'm still wondering if they will bring back JBJB or if I can look forward to some SW instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter