• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Cancelled BOG on Nov 16 @ 9:55am. I was able to get a better time

Actually, my Fantasmic! Package was available at 180 Days. Not sure about ROL though, since they don't have the schedule for that yet.

Dining packages don't usually come out until after the 180 day mark. Last year, I was looking for a Fantasmic dining package and it came out around my 150-160 day mark. I'm hoping that is when the ROL packages come out too.
Ugh hate waiting lol

August SW flights went down, waiting on Allegiant fares to come out through Thanksgiving before booking. To get SW we have to drive 3 hours and pay for parking-and right now we'd have to shift trip by a couple days in order to not pay $300 per way per person-which would mean kids miss more school. As it is I think we will have to extend a day anyway due to Allegiant limited schedules (oh darn! that might mean we will get a Christmas Party in LOL)

August SW flights went down, waiting on Allegiant fares to come out through Thanksgiving before booking. To get SW we have to drive 3 hours and pay for parking-and right now we'd have to shift trip by a couple days in order to not pay $300 per way per person-which would mean kids miss more school. As it is I think we will have to extend a day anyway due to Allegiant limited schedules (oh darn! that might mean we will get a Christmas Party in LOL)

I drive two and a half hours for Southwest. But I don't really have a lot of options in our area. Our closest airport is about an hour and a half away anyways, so what's another hour for a quarter/half the price. I pay for parking either way.

Was anyone at the parks Black Friday last year? Curious what to expect crowd wise. Saturday wasn't too bad . . .

Got my SW flights booked, yay! This is only our 3rd trip to Disney and on the other 2 we got there late afternoon and just did the pool at night. This time our flight arrives at 12:30 PM so we are doing a park on our first day. Can't wait!! Also, I was able to cover our flights (just DH and I are going) with the points bonus from getting a new SW Visa. Why no nonstop flights from Grand Rapids, MI, though?? Still, flights both ways are 5 hours total even with a layover, which is 2.5 hours less than when we went in September, so yay again!

Also, we were able to get a 8:35 breakfast at BOG early in the week and a 11:35 lunch later in the week. Perfect! Those are the only ADRs I wanted since we have the free QSDP and I don't want to be tied to ADRs.

I had a pretty productive weekend. Friday I purchased our plane tickets with Delta. I ultimately decided not to fly first class. We're going to try out their comfort section and put the difference towards more of our souvenir/food budget. I also bought my daughter's park ticket (I have an AP). We found ourselves at the Disney Store this weekend, and I picked up the cutest sundress for her. Finally we got a couple of Disney shirts at Target.

Now if only I could find my magicbands from last year, I could really consider myself successful this weekend.

I could not have asked for a smoother ADR morning. I got what we wanted. I'll need to swap rest days if I can't find Bon Voyage for 11/20. I took it on 11/21 instead. Got Garden Grill for Thanksgiving.

As a bonus I was able to log on at 6am instead of 5am because I am in Detroit for the weekend :D

Wife and I got up at 4:45 this AM and booked ADR starting at 5AM

Got everything we wanted except BOG lunch on 11/19

Going to try WCC for traditional TG dinner this year. We have eaten at SciFi past 3 years on TG day and are kind of missing turkey

Got an email this afternoon reminding us to book our ADR's and chuckled

Help, my fellow November travelers!!! My ADR day is tomorrow and I'm getting a little nervous reading about difficulties people are having getting what they want. I am inexperienced here, so could use some help. If my top three ADRs are BOG on day 7, CRT on day 2 and Le Cellier on day 5 (Thanksgiving), which order should I try for booking to maximize chances of getting what I want? (I know BOG is one of the hardest to book, but how tough are CRT and Le Cellier??)

Help, my fellow November travelers!!! My ADR day is tomorrow and I'm getting a little nervous reading about difficulties people are having getting what they want. I am inexperienced here, so could use some help. If my top three ADRs are BOG on day 7, CRT on day 2 and Le Cellier on day 5 (Thanksgiving), which order should I try for booking to maximize chances of getting what I want? (I know BOG is one of the hardest to book, but how tough are CRT and Le Cellier??)

I would suggest booking CRT first, because it's on Day 2 and you are competing with more people for that one. I would then do BOG and Le Cellist. Good luck!

If you let me know the dates, I can check availability for you now. My ADR was a week ago.

ETA: sorry, I can't check your dates. I'm a week before you and my reservations won't go out that far.

Thanks for looking. We're a party of 5, but probably same result. Maybe I'll get luck into a cancellation over the next 6 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter