***Official November 2016 Thread***

In case you have some free time (sure, how many of us have free time? Well, free time after we're done on the Dis lol) I'm currently finishing up my TR from our trip last Nov. and I have pictures of the storytellers we visited. You can just skip the whole thing until you get to that part and just read about them! I hope you get to see a lot of them, they're great. My boys 10 & 14 never give me crap about standing around watching them instead of riding rides :thumbsup2

We did the CP twice in 2012, saw Geena Davis and then Neil Patrick Harris. The show itself is beautiful and moving. Then add NPH and it was phenomenal!
Thanks! I will definitely read it!

I'll jump in - we did the Minnie's dine on the first night it was offered last year. I really liked it. I wasn't sure because I had read some bad reviews about dinner food there but we had no problems with it. Character interaction was wonderful and we all enjoyed the dinner. The desserts were awesome! Santa Goofy at the door was a riot (DH was not in a good mood by that time - long store - so Goofy kept trying to get him to smile - it was hilarious!) All of the characters' Christmas outfits were really neat to see.
Sounds fab. Really hope I can get a res.

Ok here's what we decided given the limited info......

Comments welcome...

11/14-11/20

11/14 drop off luggage at Poly
HS
Lunch Sci Fi
Star Wars fire works??
Dinner California Grill during Wishes?!

11/15
Ohanas breakfast
Epcot
San Angel dinner

11/16
Cindy's breakfast
Luggage to GF
Tony's dinner
Wishes?

11/17
GF grill breakfast
AK
Narcoossee's dinner time?

11/18
GF grill breakfast
MK
BOG lunch
Peco's dinner

11/19
GF grill breakfast
Epcot
Teppen edo dinner

11/20 checkout :(
We love Narcosse's for dinner time. We always time it so we are eating dessert just as the fireworks are going off at MK. I love that they dim the lights in the restaurant and have everyone go out onto the deck to watch. It is great that the same music being played inside the MK is being played here too.

Ok here's what we decided given the limited info......

Comments welcome...

11/14-11/20

11/14 drop off luggage at Poly
HS
Lunch Sci Fi
Star Wars fire works??
Dinner California Grill during Wishes?!

11/15
Ohanas breakfast
Epcot
San Angel dinner

11/16
Cindy's breakfast
Luggage to GF
Tony's dinner
Wishes?

11/17
GF grill breakfast
AK
Narcoossee's dinner time?

11/18
GF grill breakfast
MK
BOG lunch
Peco's dinner

11/19
GF grill breakfast
Epcot
Teppen edo dinner

11/20 checkout :(
We have done the California Grill too during Wishes but I enjoyed it much more at Narcossee's. I also didn't care that much for the food at Callifornia Grill but they do have a nice view.

We're going to at Disney 11/15-11/22 and I am living in fear of the park during that early part of Thanksgiving week. I've seen the crowd calendars but I don't know what those 7 and 8 out of 10 numbers look like on the ground; could anyone describe what those crowds and wait times are like?
We have always found it to not be busy the week before Thanksgiving. It starts to get busy on that Saturday and Sunday but not crazy. I try and get all the parks out of the way in the beginning of our trip. We usually go to Sea World or do water park on Thanksgiving.

Me too! I'm reserving our BOG PPO breakfast first, then I'll reserve our Minnie's Holiday Dine (two different days). I'm going to try to get the Fantasmic! package, but I've heard the dinner times are very weird for the package. I hope we don't get stuck with too early of a time. I've been working on our itinerary, and I think we're going to try to catch Belle in France at 2:50pm on our Epcot morning before taking the boat over to HS... so I don't want a dinner before 4:30 if I can help it!

Well, at this point Fantasmic isn't even showing as an option on the hours page (which will change, I'm sure). Does Fantasmic typically run two times/night in November? Or, just once? Any idea the time? I just discovered Touringplans.com - my life has changed! :)

Well, at this point Fantasmic isn't even showing as an option on the hours page (which will change, I'm sure). Does Fantasmic typically run two times/night in November? Or, just once? Any idea the time? I just discovered Touringplans.com - my life has changed! :)

I'm not sure. I was looking at the end of October on the Disney website, and it currently looks like it's once a night at 7:30pm.

New to the boards and planning our first trip in 10 years (son's first trip ever). He'll be 8 and is very excited already! We'll be staying at CSR from 11/12-11/19. We did not get FD, so our TA is hopeful for a room discount to be announced later. We're in the process of trying to figure out where to eat and which park we're going to on which day. We have a few ideas, but it's tough when we're not sure about the night-time shows yet. Disney seems so much more complicated than it used to be! There's a lot of great info on this board, so thanks in advance to everyone! :)

Me too! I'm reserving our BOG PPO breakfast first, then I'll reserve our Minnie's Holiday Dine (two different days). I'm going to try to get the Fantasmic! package, but I've heard the dinner times are very weird for the package. I hope we don't get stuck with too early of a time. I've been working on our itinerary, and I think we're going to try to catch Belle in France at 2:50pm on our Epcot morning before taking the boat over to HS... so I don't want a dinner before 4:30 if I can help it!
It looks like we are going around the same time.:) We are going Nov.14 (maybe 13th) until November 21. I am finding it harder this year to plan our ADR's and park days. I want to know when ROL opens and if they are going to keep doing EMH. I haven't looked into the times yet for Minnie's Holiday Dine Fantasmic package, do you know why they have weird times and what they are?

It looks like we are going around the same time.:) We are going Nov.14 (maybe 13th) until November 21. I am finding it harder this year to plan our ADR's and park days. I want to know when ROL opens and if they are going to keep doing EMH. I haven't looked into the times yet for Minnie's Holiday Dine Fantasmic package, do you know why they have weird times and what they are?

Well, I've just been pulling up the Fantastmic Dining Package at 180 days out to see what's available. It's weird because all I see are early slots like 3:10pm. I think that time is still the Disney Junior buffet and not the Minnie's dine.

Here's the link to the Fantasmic dinner package: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dining-package/
Everything I pull up for that week is about 3:10pm...

But if you pull up the Hollywood & Vine regular dinner reservations, there are later options for dinner times. For some reason, the package times are weird.

Well, I've just been pulling up the Fantastmic Dining Package at 180 days out to see what's available. It's weird because all I see are early slots like 3:10pm. I think that time is still the Disney Junior buffet and not the Minnie's dine.

Here's the link to the Fantasmic dinner package: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dining-package/

But if you pull up the Hollywood & Vine regular dinner reservations, there are later options for dinner times. For some reason, the package times are weird.
Thank-you, I just used the link to check times in October and I got all in the 3:00 range too! I hope there are later times for November!I wonder if maybe there was later times and they booked up fast? Well at least there are still openings left after the 180+10.:)

I'm finding the same thing. I'd rather just do the Minnie Dine at a normal dinner hour than at 3:00!

Just went in April and I am in for November!! Picking dates. I don't want to miss any Christmas decorations or activities. Yippeeee!!! Bringing dh, stepdaughter (21) and dd (6). Dh and stepdaughter are first timers

Ok

Can anyone recommend a trip planner for iOS or in the alternative does anyone have one for pic I can use??
Second, are there any parks where you can pop in to look at a football game? My husband has a concern.
Third, if I do the mickeys Christmas party can I do it in the middle of our trip and not pay for a park ticket that day?
Finally, has anyone been to the last day of the food and wine show? Is it extra crowded or do they run out of stuff?

Love the planning stage!!!!

Ok

Third, if I do the mickeys Christmas party can I do it in the middle of our trip and not pay for a park ticket that day?
Finally, has anyone been to the last day of the food and wine show? Is it extra crowded or do they run out of stuff?

Love the planning stage!!!!

Yes, the Christmas party (and Halloween party) are separate ticketed events. You pay for a ticket that day, and they let you in around 4pm. At least, the time last year was 4pm. You can ride rides, but you're not eligible for FastPass+. The party stuff usually starts around 6-7pm, and anyone without a ticket to the party is asked to leave at that time. People with tickets get to stay until about midnight. Last year, party tickets were about $70.

Ok

This is what we did last year. We made one day a resort day and swam and played during the day and then just did the Halloween party that night.

Joining in :wave: I've just booked 11/26 to 12/5 at Pop. I was hoping for AoA LM but none available for my date, so Pop it is!
I just read about the Star Wars Fireworks in Hollywood Studios. Is it going to be permanent night entertainment or just for a period of time? Can we see that and Fantasmic! in 1 night or do we need to choose 1 and come back another night for the other one?

Being from the UK I had a query (as I'm not sure if the park crowd calendar reflect this date correctly) as I'm going to be in Disney on the 8th Nov and I know there is something big going on that day (Not mentioning it as it is none of my business and we have our own stuff going on over here thank you very much lol).

But I was wondered what the crowds will be like as in the UK we close some schools and other public spaces to accommodate this type of event. Is it the same over there? will it be busy with residents who might not be doing their normal Tuesday schedule or is it very quiet as everyone will be occupied with other Civic things.

I'm just trying to plan my parks/pool and shopping days whilst totally minding my own business :rolleyes:

Being from the UK I had a query (as I'm not sure if the park crowd calendar reflect this date correctly) as I'm going to be in Disney on the 8th Nov and I know there is something big going on that day (Not mentioning it as it is none of my business and we have our own stuff going on over here thank you very much lol).

But I was wondered what the crowds will be like as in the UK we close some schools and other public spaces to accommodate this type of event. Is it the same over there? will it be busy with residents who might not be doing their normal Tuesday schedule or is it very quiet as everyone will be occupied with other Civic things.

I'm just trying to plan my parks/pool and shopping days whilst totally minding my own business :rolleyes:

My kids are out of school that day because their school is a voting location, and that is why we have chosen that week to take them out of school and go to Disney. I don't know how much it will make a difference vs. other years where there isn't a presidential election. I think the crowd calendars will be accurate for that day. Many people can vote early (we plan on doing this) so just being at the park doesn't mean people don't vote.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter