"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never attended a MVMCP but for those who are familiar with them, normally how hard is it to get tickets to it the week after Thanksgiving?

I've never attended a MVMCP but for those who are familiar with them, normally how hard is it to get tickets to it the week after Thanksgiving?

Not very hard...I have gone 3 times the week after Thanksgiving...never had a problem getting a tix...as long as you get your tixs sooner rather than later...as Thanksgiving gets closer, there might be a chance of a sold-out party...

John

Not very hard...I have gone 3 times the week after Thanksgiving...never had a problem getting a tix...as long as you get your tixs sooner rather than later...as Thanksgiving gets closer, there might be a chance of a sold-out party...
John

Thanks. Unfortunately I will have to wait until possibly the same week. I just know they are very popular and wasn't sure if it might be possible.

How soon do you think that the tickets for last week nov first week dec would be sold out normally? Like would someone be able to get them in Aug or Sep or would that be pushing it?

That matches what I was told by disney. May-June. :(
That stinks. I'm just going to go in assuming the parties will still be Sun, Tues, Thurs, Fri. We're only there Sun-Wed, so I'm counting on a party being held two of our three nights, and Monday being our only possible MK night since we're not attending a party.
We'll see how it shakes out!

How soon do you think that the tickets for last week nov first week dec would be sold out normally? Like would someone be able to get them in Aug or Sep or would that be pushing it?

Should be fine. No guarantees of course but I've bought for the early December time once I've seen what the weather forecasts were looking like - ie, we were already there.

My husband took me to Disney for the first time for our 10th anniversary and we had planned to go to the Mickey's Christmas Party. That was the year that the stomach flu hit a lot of people visiting - out of 8 of us going, only 3 attended the party. We are going to Disney this Christmas and this at the top of the list, I can't wait!!

He also said that exact dates would be released this summer....I sure hope it's sooner than that!

That matches what I was told by disney. May-June. :(

That stinks. I'm just going to go in assuming the parties will still be Sun, Tues, Thurs, Fri. We're only there Sun-Wed, so I'm counting on a party being held two of our three nights, and Monday being our only possible MK night since we're not attending a party.
We'll see how it shakes out!

Tickets have gone on sale in early May for years, and unfortunately, phone CMs aren't known for giving out accurate information.

That would be great if they went on sale in May! We are going December 17-27 and hoping to get them early!

That would be great if they went on sale in May! We are going December 17-27 and hoping to get them early!

Just so you know, the 17th may be your only chance at a party. Last year they had a party on the 22nd, but normally they don't have a party later than the 18th, but I would expect the 17th to be the last date this year because the 18th is a Monday, and they don't normally do parties on Mondays.

Just so you know, the 17th may be your only chance at a party. Last year they had a party on the 22nd, but normally they don't have a party later than the 18th, but I would expect the 17th to be the last date this year because the 18th is a Monday, and they don't normally do parties on Mondays.

Thank you for sharing this. Makes me more nervous, and eager for the dates to be announced. I cannot arrive any earlier than December 16, and was hoping to get there on the 17th. :(

I know earlier dates are better, but the nature of my job has me unable to travel late October until that time. Which as you know, are like all of the MVMCP dates.

Anyone have an educated guess as to what date the first party will be?

Last year the first party was actually on a Monday. I think this was due to the Wine & Dine after party now that it's moved to a day race. So my guess for this year would be November 6th. They also had one on the 7th last year.

Last year the first party was actually on a Monday. I think this was due to the Wine & Dine after party now that it's moved to a day race. So my guess for this year would be November 6th. They also had one on the 7th last year.
I think there is always a week between the last Halloween party (10/31) and the first Christmas party....so I can't see a Monday party this year. But ya never know!

Tuesday, November 7th would be my guess.

I'm holding out hope that this is the case! We plan to do both the Halloween and Christmas parties and right now the plan is to leave on the 9th Nov... Need to book flights asap, so hoping for the official announcement soon!!

Yikes! Thanks for the info Siskaren! I am hoping that the dates are announced soon - definitely want to purchase the tickets as soon as they come out! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter