"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Does everyone think it's a terrible idea to do BoG for dinner at 6p the night of our party (11/27). The only other option is an ADR that I have for 6p on the Tuesday 11/29 party. Not really a great option since that's our CP night.
My DD loved meeting Beast last year. It seems wrong to miss it this year. I have been desperately trying to get a non party night ADR.
We would like to try and meet Sandy Claws and/or Judy Hopps. DD is 3 and won't make it much past the fireworks.
Thanks for your input.

A couple of questions: we are considering the party for 11/13. Should I wait to buy the tix since we will be upgrading to APs after our first park day on 11/11? Isn't there an AP discount?
Also, we like to watch the 11pm parade from Frontierland normally but since the party parade starts there, do you have to show up super early for it? If so is there a better place to watch it?

TIA! :goodvibes

Does everyone think it's a terrible idea to do BoG for dinner at 6p the night of our party (11/27). The only other option is an ADR that I have for 6p on the Tuesday 11/29 party. Not really a great option since that's our CP night.
My DD loved meeting Beast last year. It seems wrong to miss it this year. I have been desperately trying to get a non party night ADR.
We would like to try and meet Sandy Claws and/or Judy Hopps. DD is 3 and won't make it much past the fireworks.
Thanks for your input.

I wouldn't make any dinner reservations on party night; SO much to do and SO little time....:goodvibes. :tink:

Thanks for your input.
That is a tough call. I would not do it. Sandy Claws and Zootopia will likely take most of your party time. I would line up for one of those really early. Now if they meet earlier than your ADR it could work but I am not sure. I think Sandy Claws sometimes meets before the party starts.

Thanks for your input.
I have a 5:45 for my party night and will keep it. I'm with my DS2 so I doubt he would make it past fireworks too. im not looking to meet sandy claws though. I know his lines get very long. i say look for an earlier time if you can :)

Thanks for your input.

I have a 5:45 for my party night and will keep it. I'm with my DS2 so I doubt he would make it past fireworks too. im not looking to meet sandy claws though. I know his lines get very long. i say look for an earlier time if you can :)

I have a 6:45 pm BOG for our party night as well that I'm 99.9% sure I'm gonna keep based on:
  • Not traveling with kids
  • Not interested in getting to meet any characters
  • Definitely want to stay until 11pm parade
  • Must Dos are: SDMT (FP+), Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Jingle Cruise, Buzz(FP+), Pirates, PeopleMover (yeah, just love it)
Would be willing to move it up JUST a smidge tho!

Could someone going to a November party tell me if they happen to see Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar near the Diamond Horseshoe? Last year a dance party wasn't advertised, but I've talked to a couple people and saw photos of them in that area. I'm curious if they are making unofficial appearances this year as well. Thanks!!

Where is the Diamond Horseshoe? My daughter loves Clarabelle, so I definitely want to check!

I have a 6:45 pm BOG for our party night as well that I'm 99.9% sure I'm gonna keep based on:
  • Not traveling with kids
  • Not interested in getting to meet any characters
  • Definitely want to stay until 11pm parade
  • Must Dos are: SDMT (FP+), Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Jingle Cruise, Buzz(FP+), Pirates, PeopleMover (yeah, just love it)
Would be willing to move it up JUST a smidge tho!

We are a family of 4, and we have an ADR for 2 at 4:40pm, which is perfect, but another for 2 at 6:20pm, which I'm kind of bummed about. I would like us all to eat together at the earlier time, so we're going to go to BOG as soon as we get in at 4pm and see if we can all eat at the same time (the earlier time). Somehow, I doubt it since it's a party night, but I'm really hoping! I've been checking multiple times a day for an earlier time with no luck :-/

Thanks for your input.

Na we have an ADR for 5:40pm. We aren't doing any of the hard M&Gs though.

A couple of questions: we are considering the party for 11/13. Should I wait to buy the tix since we will be upgrading to APs after our first park day on 11/11? Isn't there an AP discount?
Also, we like to watch the 11pm parade from Frontierland normally but since the party parade starts there, do you have to show up super early for it? If so is there a better place to watch it?

TIA! :goodvibes
Yes, there is an AP discount on the 11/13 party $7 per ticket. My only concern for you, waiting until 2 days prior to purchase, would be the party selling out. Given that it's a holiday weekend, that would make me very nervous. But, then again, only a handful of MNSSHP sold out this year, so who knows if MVMCP will follow suit??

Just curious, anyone know for sure where is Jack (Sandy Claws) meeting? I'm seeing conflicting sources. Most say the Liberty Square Gazebo, but I've also heard Frontierland.

Also, if it is the gazebo, is it the one behind the Christmas shop? I'm trying to remember where that is exactly.

Thanks!

I'm hoping a few people will report back after the first MVMCP night to give us some insight. We plan on going Dec 18 and are going to surprise our kids the day of. We are staying at Universal and have never made it to Disney at Xmas and can't WAIT!!!

Well, if anyone ends up dropping an ADR for BOG on 11/15, please let me know. We'd be thrilled with any dinner time before our 6:20pm time slot.

Since the Beast is your main goal, why not just order a cupcake or some soup, and make it a quick stop instead of a full dinner? Even if you do just that, I still think you're going to be waiting in some long lines for the characters you want to meet. That is prime time for BEING in line for the popular ones.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter