• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official March 2022 thread!

Cancelled our Feb trip due to Covid restrictions and uncertainty coming from Canada... now trying to piece together a DVC trip mid March. Hoping we are successful in getting at least 6 nights with no more than 2 resort moves, and that omicron is on the down swing.

What ADR finders do you use?

I'm using the 5 alerts with Mouse Watchers for $19/month which I will cancel before the month is up, the 2 freebies with Touring Plans and then the $9 for 50 alerts with Mouse Dining - which I also hope to cancel after 30 days.

For our last trip I found more "hits" with Mouse Watcher but did get notifications with all 3 services....

and we have eaten at Rose & Crown a few times - and for lunch we are really just looking for a place to sit inside, split a burger, have a drink and relax so I *think* we'll be ok sticking with R&C - do you have any other suggestions for a lite lunch inside?

I am not the biggest fan of Rose and Crown...my last meal there was sub par and the service not much better.
I’m sorry to hear that. We went for the first time back in May and had a good experience. My only complaint is that the fish and chips was way too large. I should have split it with someone.

Love Brown Derby...always so yummy
This is the one restaurant my husband insists on. He doesn’t care where else we eat as long as he gets to go to the Brown Derby.

Cancelled our Feb trip due to Covid restrictions and uncertainty coming from Canada... now trying to piece together a DVC trip mid March. Hoping we are successful in getting at least 6 nights with no more than 2 resort moves, and that omicron is on the down swing.
Welcome to a fellow Canadian! Send me your dates and I'll add you to the roll call. I am really hoping Omicron does not put a crimp in our March break plans!
and we have eaten at Rose & Crown a few times - and for lunch we are really just looking for a place to sit inside, split a burger, have a drink and relax so I *think* we'll be ok sticking with R&C - do you have any other suggestions for a lite lunch inside?
I am sure R&C would be fine. Maybe it was an off night the last time I was there. I really love Via Napoli for the Carofci white pizza and love La Cava just to grab queso and chips along with a cucumber margarita!
I'm using the 5 alerts with Mouse Watchers for $19/month which I will cancel before the month is up, the 2 freebies with Touring Plans and then the $9 for 50 alerts with Mouse Dining - which I also hope to cancel after 30 days.
Oh, I will have to check out Mouse dining. I usually just use Touring Plans and have had pretty good luck. We are big fans of the lounges so will really only be doing a few ADRs anyways.
I’m sorry to hear that. We went for the first time back in May and had a good experience. My only complaint is that the fish and chips was way too large. I should have split it with someone.
It was a Candlelight processional night so maybe it was just super busy. I think I got hit with the combo of a bad table, bad service and mediocre food. There are so many other places I'd rather try.

Last edited:

Is there any advantage to doing the online check in early? I've read that we can do it 60 days ahead, but was just wondering if there was anything that made it worth doing that early.

Anyone here know what weather is like in March? We are on the fence about a trip......but not sure what to expect. I've never been to Florida, DH only went when he was 6 or 7 in summer

Anyone here know what weather is like in March? We are on the fence about a trip......but not sure what to expect. I've never been to Florida, DH only went when he was 6 or 7 in summer
I went last year March 10-16 and it was highs in the low to mid 80s and lows in the low to mid 60s, with reasonable humidity levels. I don’t recall that there was any rain, so the weather was absolutely beautiful the whole week.

I went last year March 10-16 and it was highs in the low to mid 80s and lows in the low to mid 60s, with reasonable humidity levels. I don’t recall that there was any rain, so the weather was absolutely beautiful the whole week.
Oh good. We can handle warmer temps if its not crazy humid

I would put the hard to get reservations later in your trip. I found Sci Fi SO difficult to get last summer. There was nothing available at all.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant the order in which to try to get the bookings when I log on to do ADRs, not the days on which we're booking.

We're looking at:
Space 220 - day 6 for lunch or lounge, or day 9 for lounge. It looks like they're not doing ADRs for Space 220 lounge right now? I'm not sure what's going on with that.
Be Our Guest - day 4 for lunch. I know this is early-ish in the trip, but it won't be the end of the world if we don't get it.
50's Prime Time - day 9 for lunch.
Topolino's Terrace - day 5 or 7 for breakfast
Boma - day 8 for dinner
Jungle Skipper Canteen - day 6 for dinner (if we don't get Space 220 for lunch)
Ale & Compass - day 10 for breakfast

So I've recently learned that Space 220 lounge doesn't have tables for 6, so we'll try to split into a group of 4 and a group of 2 if we end up doing the lounge. Do any of our other restaurants not have tables for 6?

Is there any advantage to doing the online check in early? I've read that we can do it 60 days ahead, but was just wondering if there was anything that made it worth doing that early.
I really don't think so. I tend to check in a week or two ahead just so it's out of the way but nothing more than that.
I have been in Florida 4 times in March and find the weather variable. I've had awesome warm and sunny weather and then I've had cool days. I think the key is layers as it can feel like 3 seasons in one day!
Sounds lovely!
Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant the order in which to try to get the bookings when I log on to do ADRs, not the days on which we're booking.
Oh sorry, I misunderstood.....in that case I would go for the ADRs you absolutely want first. Hope it goes well for you! :)

I was able to have my pick of ADRS for my trip starting Mar 7, but Space 220 (lunch, dinner, lounge, all of it) and Coral Reef simply don't exist? Has anyone else encountered this? Like I can still see ADRs for CRT, BOG, and Oga's but not those two at all. :((

I was able to have my pick of ADRS for my trip starting Mar 7, but Space 220 (lunch, dinner, lounge, all of it) and Coral Reef simply don't exist? Has anyone else encountered this? Like I can still see ADRs for CRT, BOG, and Oga's but not those two at all. :((
I think I may have read somewhere here on the boards that those aren't always loading on time for some reason. Just keep checking. Go, go, Disney IT!

I am sure R&C would be fine. Maybe it was an off night the last time I was there. I really love Via Napoli for the Carofci white pizza and love La Cava just to grab queso and chips along with a cucumber margarita!

Oh, I will have to check out Mouse dining. I usually just use Touring Plans and have had pretty good luck. We are big fans of the lounges so will really only be doing a few ADRs anyways.
Mouse Dining was my first paid reservation finder and its been really great and has always pulled through with the reservation I needed!

and I have Via Napoli booked for dinner during our trip too as that's one of our favorite places! I'll have to check out La Cava - who doesn't love chips, queso and a margarita!!

:drinking1

is anyone still waiting to book flights for March? I have my departing flights MCO-LAX left to book but airfares haven’t really budged, wondering if I should wait a bit longer or just book it now (Australian with not much expertise in US domestic fares)
Thank you!

is anyone still waiting to book flights for March? I have my departing flights MCO-LAX left to book but airfares haven’t really budged, wondering if I should wait a bit longer or just book it now (Australian with not much expertise in US domestic fares)
Thank you!
I’m still waiting and hoping the cost will come down. I have very little choice in flight options. Only one airline flies out of my city and only 3 from the next closest airport. Fortunately we can drive down if necessary, but I would rather not.

Thank you!
I booked with Southwest, because if the price comes down on my flight, I can rebook for free and get a credit, but if it goes up (which it has since I booked) I’m good to go. With all the recent disruption, I doubt flights are going to get any cheaper.

I booked with Southwest, because if the price comes down on my flight, I can rebook for free and get a credit, but if it goes up (which it has since I booked) I’m good to go. With all the recent disruption, I doubt flights are going to get any cheaper.
FWIW, Southwest doesn't fly direct LAX/MCO.

March friends! My ADR date was 1/6, and space 220 wasn't available for my week starting 3/7 on Thursday. It opened up for booking for me at 4 am cst this morning! It's Saturday, so I missed it XD but my last day, 3/11, still had like one or two times left.

Coral reef is still not available :(

It doesn’t fly direct for me either, but it’s still my best deal when I factor in the baggage fees and other upcharges of other airlines
Gotcha. For us, with LAX/MCO, it's slightly more expensive or the same cost as direct flights, but with double the travel time. We always choose the shortest and most direct flight, and the most we'd save is $40 because we get first bag free with our credit cards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter