Official March 2022 thread!

I booked my flights for March Break on Saturday. It was so nutty trying to find something on AirMiles and the prices flying from Pearson were so high! I explored Buffalo and Detroit too but the options there weren't much better. So then I thought of looking at Toronto Island airport and found an Air Canada flight through Montreal. So we will have to clear US customs in Montreal and will have a 3 hour layover. Hopefully we will have lots of time to deal with customs and dinner before our flight. As our fight doesn't get in until 10:30, I ended up cancelling our 1st night at Saratoga and booked at the Airport Hyatt instead. That saved me 21 DVC points that I can put towards a future trip. :)

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! We are booked for spring break 3/12 - 3/19 and staying at the Boardwalk Inn. First time for me to ever visit WDW; grew up going to DL since I am from Southern California. Kids are 11 and 8 and its a surprise trip! We are telling them at Christmas. =) I am so excited!

Last edited:

Hi Everyone! We are booked for spring break 3/12 - 3/19 and staying at the Boardwalk Inn. First time for me to ever visit WDW; grew up going to DL since I am from Southern California. Kids are 11 and 8 and its a surprise trip! We are telling them at Christmas. =) I am so excited!
Oh my gosh, that is going to be one exciting Christmas morning at your house! I will add to the roll call. :)
You can add us! Me, my 2 daughters, and my granddaughter. March 21-29 ASM Family Suite. It will be my granddaughters 1st trip!
The renos on the family suites at ASM look amazing! Hope your granddaughter's first trip is everything you want it to be!

Posting because I stopped getting notifications about this thread.
It's been pretty quiet lately. Things should start moving as we enter our dining booking window in January. Are there any restaurants you are hoping for? We really want Flying Fish to re-open.

We haven’t even discussed restaurants yet. We will probably do that after Christmas once my daughter knows we are going.

Hi All!! After 3 cancelled vacations, we're finally booked for March 11-20. I got a good deal for the first 2 nights at AKL Kidani, super excited for this. I'm thinking we'll end up at Liki Tiki or Regal Palms for the 13-20. Can't wait!!

OK - here are a few things on my mind regarding my March trip (5-12th).....

1. Flights - I booked them the minute they came out on the SW site - and they've steadily crept up in points (cost) since I booked them...like they started at $450/each and now we're at $512/each...ugh.. for our Feb. 2021 trip they were like $99/each so this increase is a shocker!

2. ADRs....we're 3 adults going and we're taking my grown cousin for the 2nd trip (she came on our Feb. 21' trip) and she has some "we must do this again, like CG, BOG, Homecoming) but there might be some new ones she'd like to try like Artist Point that is opening up (finally) in mid-Dec...since there were NO character meals while we were there in Feb. 21...I don't count the Beast walking thru the castle... :rolleyes1. 35 days and counting until ADR day -and I'm visiting my cousin in 2 weeks so we'll get to chat about ADRs in person! :lovestruc

3. How Genie + will work - DH and I have APs and she'll have a PH ticket - I know i have to buy DH and I Genie + each morning but should I go ahead and upgrade her ticket?

What are you guys pondering???

Since discounts aren’t looking too likely for mid-March, tonight we discussed pairing down our ADRs a bit. Last trip we hit up tons of character dining, so we want to try different places this time. We’re thinking:
  • Grand Floridian Cafe
  • Narcoossee’s
  • Liberty Tree Tavern
  • Steakhouse 71
We’ve never been to an Epcot festival before, so we’re excited to eat around the world that day. We’re thinking Ronto Roasters or Docking Bay 7 for HS day and Satuli Canteen for AK day.

I’ve been holding out hope for Minnie Vans to come back, but no such luck. I guess I’ll have to break down and go ahead and book airport to resort transportation soon.

Hi All!! After 3 cancelled vacations, we're finally booked for March 11-20. I got a good deal for the first 2 nights at AKL Kidani, super excited for this. I'm thinking we'll end up at Liki Tiki or Regal Palms for the 13-20. Can't wait!!
Welcome and happy trip planning! I added you to the roll call. :)
1. Flights - I booked them the minute they came out on the SW site - and they've steadily crept up in points (cost) since I booked them...like they started at $450/each and now we're at $512/each...ugh.. for our Feb. 2021 trip they were like $99/each so this increase is a shocker!
Same here! We are north of Toronto and currently flights are a minimum of $850 pp! We booked connecting flights through Montreal using points. Even though we have a bit of a layover, it is worth the savings.
3. How Genie + will work - DH and I have APs and she'll have a PH ticket - I know i have to buy DH and I Genie + each morning but should I go ahead and upgrade her ticket?
From what I am hearing it seems like MK and HS are the best bang for your buck when it comes to GP+. I really wouldn't add it for the whole trip as I don't think there is enough value at EP and AK. At those parks I would purchase ILL for the big ticket rides.
Since discounts aren’t looking too likely for mid-March, tonight we discussed pairing down our ADRs a bit. Last trip we hit up tons of character dining, so we want to try different places this time. We’re thinking:
  • Grand Floridian Cafe
  • Narcoossee’s
  • Liberty Tree Tavern
  • Steakhouse 71
We love the lounges as an alternative to ADRs. Especially so when travelling as an adult party. Some of our faves are Geyser Point, Nomads, Enchanted Rose and Ale and Compass. We are looking at brunch at Homecomin, dinner at Morimoto Asia and Jaleo and plan to check out Jellyrolls for the first time. We are only doing 2 park days this trip and are really focusing on enjoying the resorts (SSR/OKW).
We’ve never been to an Epcot festival before, so we’re excited to eat around the world that day. We’re thinking Ronto Roasters or Docking Bay 7 for HS day and Satuli Canteen for AK day.
We didn't love Ronto Roasters but are excited to check out Docking Bay 7. Satuli is always a solid option. And of course I love F&G festival booths!

Does anyone have insight into when more recreational activities around Bay Lake will return? (Like the Sea Raycer’s.)

I have a trip coming up in March at the Contemporary and those boats are a major draw for me to stay along Bay Lake

Just told the hubby that I booked us a Disney trip for Spring Break....it has been booked for a couple of months.....he asked if I had lost my mind :rotfl2:Just checked All Star Movies and it is fully booked for our stay. This should be interesting as we never go to Disney during a busy time

Many resorts are completely booked March 17-19ish. Anyone know if anything is going on then other than St. Pats and spring break?

We were thinking we might have to switch resorts to save some money (things are now looking like that won’t be the case…fingers crossed), so I was looking at availability. When I look for our whole trip, most deluxes are not available, but when I start the trip on the 19th or 20th, a lot more options pop up.

Does anyone have insight into when more recreational activities around Bay
Lake will return? (Like the Sea Raycer’s.)

I have a trip coming up in March at the Contemporary and those boats are a major draw for me to stay along Bay Lake
I haven't heard anything about the Sea Raycers as yet. I know you can rent the pontoon boats as well as going fishing.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/recreation/motorized-boats/
Just told the hubby that I booked us a Disney trip for Spring Break....it has been booked for a couple of months.....he asked if I had lost my mind :rotfl2:Just checked All Star Movies and it is fully booked for our stay. This should be interesting as we never go to Disney during a busy time
It is super busy during Spring Break. A good touring plan is essential.
Many resorts are completely booked March 17-19ish. Anyone know if anything is going on then other than St. Pats and spring break?

We were thinking we might have to switch resorts to save some money (things are now looking like that won’t be the case…fingers crossed), so I was looking at availability. When I look for our whole trip, most deluxes are not available, but when I start the trip on the 19th or 20th, a lot more options pop up.
All central Florida is on spring break as well as Texas, some northeastern states and many Canadian provinces. It will be packed.

My parents are surprising my kids with a trip March 15-19 for our spring break. We are staying a CBR. We are a blended family of 5. My son went for his 5th birthday and he’s 9 now. My stepson was like 18 months old and my stepdaughter was around 8 the last time they went. They are 10 & 15 now.

Hi! We will be at POFQ from March 26-April 1 (followed by 2 nights at Universal). It will be my husband, me, and our sons, ages 9 and 7. We went to Disney once before, in October 2018, and I loved it so much that as soon as we got home I started planning our ill-fated return trip for March 2020. Since then I've rebooked and cancelled countless times. REALLY hoping this is the trip that sticks! We are going all-out with park hopper plus, planning to try a Disney waterpark for the first time. And am super excited for Flower & Garden!!!

My parents are surprising my kids with a trip March 15-19 for our spring break. We are staying a CBR. We are a blended family of 5. My son went for his 5th birthday and he’s 9 now. My stepson was like 18 months old and my stepdaughter was around 8 the last time they went. They are 10 & 15 now.
So exciting! I hope you have the best time. CBR will be so convenient with the Skyliner. :) I will add you to the roll call.
Hi! We will be at POFQ from March 26-April 1 (followed by 2 nights at Universal). It will be my husband, me, and our sons, ages 9 and 7. We went to Disney once before, in October 2018, and I loved it so much that as soon as we got home I started planning our ill-fated return trip for March 2020. Since then I've rebooked and cancelled countless times. REALLY hoping this is the trip that sticks! We are going all-out with park hopper plus, planning to try a Disney waterpark for the first time. And am super excited for Flower & Garden!!!
I love it! Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned. I adore Flower & Garden too. Do you know which waterpark you will choose? I am really hoping Typhoon Lagoon will be open again.

Today my daughter learned that we are going back to Disney for her spring break. As expected, she is just as excited to be going at 21 as she was when she was 10. I have been watching air fare and unfortunately the prices aren’t getting any better. We may end up driving. There is only one airline that flies out of our city, so no competition to lower prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter