**Official March 2017 Thread**

We went to Mickey's Backyard BBQ tonight, they had a power outage, so the show was cancelled, but the food was made so they let us eat. Half way through eating the power came on (and hour late), too late to start the show, but the characters were out taking pictures and the rope trick guy came and did his thing last minute instead of cancelling it all.

The ONLY thing that made it all ok, was we got a full refund.

But seriously, I bring bad luck. This has not be a magical vacation AT all. Definitely can not be my last Disney trip. I will not end Disney like this!!!

Tomorrow is AK. MIL is staying at the condo with our 2 yr old, let's see how this last day goes.

I'm such a Debbie downer. I did run into a couple who have been having about the same amount of luck as I have been having this trip though, so I don't feel so alone lol

We went to Mickey's Backyard BBQ tonight, they had a power outage, so the show was cancelled, but the food was made so they let us eat. Half way through eating the power came on (and hour late), too late to start the show, but the characters were out taking pictures and the rope trick guy came and did his thing last minute instead of cancelling it all.

The ONLY thing that made it all ok, was we got a full refund.

But seriously, I bring bad luck. This has not be a magical vacation AT all. Definitely can not be my last Disney trip. I will not end Disney like this!!!

Tomorrow is AK. MIL is staying at the condo with our 2 yr old, let's see how this last day goes.

I'm such a Debbie downer. I did run into a couple who have been having about the same amount of luck as I have been having this trip though, so I don't feel so alone lol
Hang in there and enjoy! Glad you got a refund.

I went last week with my 89yo mom and my 22yo daughter for her last college spring break. She is such a gret kid. She offered to use her last spring break to take my mom to Disney and to see my uncle who lives in Orlando. We had a LOT of magic bestowed on us while we were there. One cast member couldn't figure out how to ring some food up for my daughter and just gave her what she wanted. We also had the BEST mousekeeper for our room at All Star Music. She made towel animals everyday. IMG_0349.jpg IMG_0302.jpg IMG_0299.jpg

We got more magic on the last night of the trip when someone in the ASMu food court was trying to give away some meals from their meal plan and we got 3 free meals!! It was SUPER cold though. We had to wear multiple layers throughout the day. IMG_0298.jpg IMG_0303.jpg

I am headed back down there Sunday for a solo trip this time staying at Pop Century. I am a teacher and this is my own spring break. I had to use my vacation days for the other trip. I am SO looking forward to some warm (hot) weather and a very relaxed schedule!!

Arrived today. Have been up since 3am! Our flight landed at 10 . Checked into hotel and went to Disney Springs. We took a ride on the amphicar. It was fun. Had dinner and at 7:30, we are back at the hotel, about to go to bed!
Glad you had a good first day

AK was much better. I love that park so much. We didn't have the 2 year old, or a stroller with us, which made it a much easier trip all around. We were also able to utilize my in-laws fast passes to our advantage, since they didn't go with us, so the only line we had to wait in was 10 minutes long.

Tomorrow is our last rest day and then Sunday we are heading home!!

Home and unpacked from my very first DisneyWorld trip. Wow! It was amazing but I'll admit it was VERY overwhelming as a first timer. Even with all the research and planning, I felt off kilter a lot. I learned many lessons for my next trip. My SIL and niece got sick and ended up in urgent care which was a bummer but they were troopers and did as much as they could. I felt like my daughter got to see a TON of characters and princesses so that was a win. There were definitely crowds but I think I was anticipating worse. Overall we had a magical time!

Home and unpacked from my very first DisneyWorld trip. Wow! It was amazing but I'll admit it was VERY overwhelming as a first timer. Even with all the research and planning, I felt off kilter a lot. I learned many lessons for my next trip. My SIL and niece got sick and ended up in urgent care which was a bummer but they were troopers and did as much as they could. I felt like my daughter got to see a TON of characters and princesses so that was a win. There were definitely crowds but I think I was anticipating worse. Overall we had a magical time!

I'm sorry to hear they got sick! My daughter got sick twice last June at the parks from the heat and was so scared to go back she had an anxiety attack before we even got to the parks! I hope they are feeling much better now and don't let that keep them from trying again!
I agree, it is very overwhelming if it is your first time. I've been every year since '02 and I STILL get turned around and just plain confused at times LOL

Packing packing packing ! Heading home in the morning.

Day 2 is a wrap. We spent the day at discovery cove. It was one of my best days ever. If you've never been, I highly recommend you staying off site for a night or 2 and relax there! Tomorrow is SeaWorld, then Monday we check into the Yacht Club.
That's great Discovery Cove is on DD's wish list. Would love to see pictures :D

Had a great first day on my solo trip! I got all of my fast passes done (Under the Sea with Ariel, Haunted Mansion, Seven Dwarves Mine Train + Buzz). I walked on a few other rides (Carousel of Progress, People Mover and Country Bear Jamboree) I ate lunch at Be Our Guest and then did the Tiana's Ice Cream Dessert party on the Riverboat with parade viewing.
I cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed this event! They feed you continuously (ice cream sundaes, cupcakes, popcorn,cotton candy, Mickey bars, ice cream sandwiches, fruit bars, chocolate covered bananas, lemonade,soft drinks and water). There was some great character interaction with a wonderful view of the parade.
I also took a boat to Fort Wilderness to catch the Campfire Sing along with Chip and Dale. Then I took the boat back to MK just in time to see Wishes.
I finally went to Pop Century and got unpacked. I'm letting my feet rest this morning and will head to Epcot later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter