**Official March 2017 Thread**

Had a great first day on my solo trip! I got all of my fast passes done (Under the Sea with Ariel, Haunted Mansion, Seven Dwarves Mine Train + Buzz). I walked on a few other rides (Carousel of Progress, People Mover and Country Bear Jamboree) I ate lunch at Be Our Guest and then did the Tiana's Ice Cream Dessert party on the Riverboat with parade viewing.
I cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed this event! They feed you continuously (ice cream sundaes, cupcakes, popcorn,cotton candy, Mickey bars, ice cream sandwiches, fruit bars, chocolate covered bananas, lemonade,soft drinks and water). There was some great character interaction with a wonderful view of the parade.
I also took a boat to Fort Wilderness to catch the Campfire Sing along with Chip and Dale. Then I took the boat back to MK just in time to see Wishes.
I finally went to Pop Century and got unpacked. I'm letting my feet rest this morning and will head to Epcot later.

That sounds fantastic! What a fun time!

After a long 14 hour drive, I made it home last night. It's been great planning and getting to know some of y'all over the past few months! Here's to next time (probably a cruise, these parks are exhausting lol)

I think I'm right there with ya, lol! Our trip was a blast and we love the Disney experience;but the parks require a special kind of Disney love when it comes to planning and dealing with the crowds, especially since there isn't a truly low crowd time anymore. DH and I were looking into trying Universal next year but we'll see. An all-inclusive island vacation is looking pretty good right now :laughing:. But who am I kidding, I know we'll most likely be right back at Disney World :laughing: ! If not next year then definitely in two years for my 40th birthday :goodvibes.

Day 2 was another great day. I slept in, hung out at the pool, then went to Epcot around 2:00. I finished the egg hunt we started two weeks ago when I was here with my mom and daughter. Rode Frozen Ever After, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Test Track, Figment, Nemo, Spaceship Earth, and Soarin. I also ate some really good food from the food booths. And I finally got a picture with Sadness and Joy. My feet are sad. I think I will sleep in again before heading to Animal Kingdom tomorrow.

Day 2 was another great day. I slept in, hung out at the pool, then went to Epcot around 2:00. I finished the egg hunt we started two weeks ago when I was here with my mom and daughter. Rode Frozen Ever After, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Test Track, Figment, Nemo, Spaceship Earth, and Soarin. I also ate some really good food from the food booths. And I finally got a picture with Sadness and Joy. My feet are sad. I think I will sleep in again before heading to Animal Kingdom tomorrow.

I need a vacation alone it seems..... :rotfl:

Day 3 of the solo trip began with a massive migraine! So I didn't make it to the pool or to Disney Springs. I finally drug myself over to Animal Kingdom, ate lunch at the Rainforest Cafe and entered the park. Russell from Up was about to start his meet and greet so I jumped in line to see him. I decided to go to Flights of Wonder before my first fast pass. I never get to see this because my daughter is horribly terrified of birds. I was still feeling pretty bad so I switched my fast pass from Dinosaur to It's Tough to Be a Bug which I always enjoy. Next I got in line to see Pocahontas. After I left there it was almost time for the 4:00 show of Nemo the Musical, although I had a fast pass for the 5:00 show, I decided to go anyway. I saw it twice! It is my favorite thing to do in Animal Kingdom and I still wasn't feeling well so it gave me some more down time while watching my favorite show. When the second show let out I was finally starting to feel better so I booked it over to Festival of the Lion King for the last show. Then I headed over to the Safari to use my last fast pass in AK. Then I made a fast pass for The Great Movie Ride and hopped on the express bus over to DHS. I went to One Man's Dream (because everyone should) and then to the Great Movie Ride. To finish off the night I watched the Star Wars fireworks. Even though I felt crappy most of the day, it was so much better than just staying in the room. I'm glad I powered through the day. I'm headed back to DHS in the morning.

Sitting waiting for our last wishes before we check out in the morning. But we will be back in 164 days so I can't be too depressed. It was fun planning with everyone.
Hope you had a great time :hug:
Ok now I'm the one who's jealous I have to wait 233 days ;)

Day 4 of the solo trip began back at DHS. My first fast pass was Toy Story Midway Mania, then I headed to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. After that it was time for my second fast pass at the Frozen Singalong. When it finished I headed toward my 3rd fast pass at Tower of Terror. After I passed through the scanner I quickly made a fast pass for Beauty and the Beast stage show which started shortly. As I was walking through the FP line a girl in the standby line got my attention and asked if I would give her my water bottle because her friend had just passed out. So I gladly handed her my bottle. A cast member noticed it and gave me a fast pass for any attraction in the park that was good for up to 6 people. When I got off of TOT I headed straight to Beauty and the Beast and then made another fast pass for Toy Story Mania. After that was over it was time for my reservation at 50's Prime Time Cafe. I love the wedge salad there and I had always wanted to try the peanut butter and jelly milkshake. When I finished lunch I went to Indiana Jones. I hadn't seen it in years so I thought it was time to catch it before my next fast pass. I still had some time after it was over so I went to One Man's Dream to watch the Beauty and Beast preview (although it makes me sad that they don't show the original movie about Walt). I noticed a family that was wearing Auburn shirts in the preview with me. I went to Auburn so I thought I would add some magic to their day and give them my extra fast pass that the CM gave me. They were so happy!! I rode TSMM on more time and decided it was time to go back to Pop Century and sit by the pool and read my book. Tomorrow is my last park day so I am going to the Magic Kingdom.

I finished the egg hunt we started two weeks ago when I was here with my mom and daughter.
I just did this too! So much fun, even for this grown up kid lol. DH was just laughing whenever I'd get annoyed I couldn't find an egg! I'm also planning to do it again when we go back in May so I can get another plastic Disney character egg :D

I also ate some really good food from the food booths.
OMG some of the things we ate were DELICIOUS! Especially the onion tart and macaron from the booth in France :cloud9: I'll definitely be having those again in May!

I know March is coming to an end but I'm going to keep this party alive! I have a trip report started y'all! It is on the Disney Dining Reviews forum :thumbsup2

https://disboards.com/threads/we-ha...with-the-qsdp-sprinkled-with-some-ts.3594283/
I'll go over and give a read! I'll be starting my dining report from our March trip soon too :)

Just got home last night. :sad: It was 88 degrees when we left and 38 when we got home. Sat in traffic on I-4 for 3 hours. Then it poured rain the whole way home too- probably at least half of the 16 hours. My son said- I told you we should have just stayed. :rotfl:Not much for trip reports-but quick notes...crowds were higher than I thought, but manageable. Poly was great-again. Bought more DVC points:banana:Only downside was the monorails. What the heck?? I swear they had issues every day. Walked all the way to the TTC and Epcot monorail was down- had to bus it. Then it broke down while we were in it- luckily at the MK so we could just walk to CR for our ADR. Then again it broke down in the poly station and was down for quite a while and the boat lines were all the way down the dock. This time we were thinking being on the monorail loop was way overrated. Going to try AKL in the fall. Hope everyone else had great trips.

Just got home last night. :sad: It was 88 degrees when we left and 38 when we got home. Sat in traffic on I-4 for 3 hours. Then it poured rain the whole way home too- probably at least half of the 16 hours. My son said- I told you we should have just stayed. :rotfl:Not much for trip reports-but quick notes...crowds were higher than I thought, but manageable. Poly was great-again. Bought more DVC points:banana:Only downside was the monorails. What the heck?? I swear they had issues every day. Walked all the way to the TTC and Epcot monorail was down- had to bus it. Then it broke down while we were in it- luckily at the MK so we could just walk to CR for our ADR. Then again it broke down in the poly station and was down for quite a while and the boat lines were all the way down the dock. This time we were thinking being on the monorail loop was way overrated. Going to try AKL in the fall. Hope everyone else had great trips.
Welcome Back
I agree about the monorails, one of the reasons we like CR is being able to walk to MK. We definitely had to factor in much longer traveling time when using the monorail. I'm looking forward to staying at BC in November so we can walk to Epcot and HS.
Enjoy AKL :goodvibes

Welcome Back
I agree about the monorails, one of the reasons we like CR is being able to walk to MK. We definitely had to factor in much longer traveling time when using the monorail. I'm looking forward to staying at BC in November so we can walk to Epcot and HS.
Enjoy AKL :goodvibes
We were planning on trying beach club next spring.....we will see.

We got back late Tuesday night and I agree crowds were high! Hope you enjoy AKL in the fall, it's my 2nd favorite resort :goodvibes

This past Friday was my last park day that I spent at MK from open to close!! I had an unusual amount of energy that day and enjoyed trying to see how much I could get done. I did 18 attractions and used 10 fast passes!! My daughter and I call this fast pass roulette. Once you use your last fast pass you get one that is the next closest time for something you haven't done that day. It's a lot of fun!! I could have done more attractions, but a friend was meeting me to watch Wishes and I didn't want to miss it since I will never see live again:(. So we grabbed a spot on the fake grass in front of Casey's and stayed there until Once Upon A Time was over, then got some ice cream and sat on the side street just off of Main Street until we heard the kiss good night. It was such a great day!!

I drove home Saturday and have started planning my next trip in June!

It was fun planning with all of you and sharing the magic!!

Im home :) Exhausted! I can honestly say I am getting way too old for my perfectly planned trips. Somehow, I have to convince my brain that I dont need to plan every second of our days and just go with the flow and do what we feel like doing, when we feel like doing it. I doubt that will ever happen and some day my feet are just going to run away from the rest of me, saying "Im done"!

In 12 days we conquered Disney Springs, Discovery Cove, Sea World, Aquatica, shut down the MK at 1am, followed by a day at AK starting with breakfast at 8am, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, a day and a couple nights at Epcot, another day at MK and Hollywood Studios. We watched Wishes, IllumiNations, River of Lights and Fantasmic, had meals at 24 TS restaurants (16 of them at Disney) and swam at our resort pool almost daily.

I plan on doing a post trip report, especially for giving my comparison of YC/BC vs Poly. For me, both had major pros and cons and it will be really hard to pick between the 2 in the future, but my biggest take-away was that Disney has so much to offer and even though I have not to be missed favorites, I really need to try new things. I saw Fantasmic for my first time ever and LOVED it! I always stayed away thinking it has a Fantasia theme (Im not a fan). It was FABULOUS. Tried new restaurants too , which made it feel like a whole different vacation then when I went before.

My Discovery Cove Pics... My husband has underwat3er pictures of the snorkling. Ill try to post those this weekend.

17796253_1303965969638496_2736323322113101946_n.jpg

17796377_1303965966305163_7689068815118026952_n.jpg

17796355_1303970109638082_8403547743478204396_n.jpg

17799000_1303968832971543_4220170070855103136_n.jpg

17800494_1304010956300664_6503950099884315524_n.jpg

17523039_1304011059633987_654676397709694282_n.jpg

17799933_1304011066300653_3187048804864308286_n.jpg

17760159_1304011172967309_2087418967352638928_n.jpg

Im home :) Exhausted! I can honestly say I am getting way too old for my perfectly planned trips. Somehow, I have to convince my brain that I dont need to plan every second of our days and just go with the flow and do what we feel like doing, when we feel like doing it. I doubt that will ever happen and some day my feet are just going to run away from the rest of me, saying "Im done"!

In 12 days we conquered Disney Springs, Discovery Cove, Sea World, Aquatica, shut down the MK at 1am, followed by a day at AK starting with breakfast at 8am, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, a day and a couple nights at Epcot, another day at MK and Hollywood Studios. We watched Wishes, IllumiNations, River of Lights and Fantasmic, had meals at 24 TS restaurants (16 of them at Disney) and swam at our resort pool almost daily.

I plan on doing a post trip report, especially for giving my comparison of YC/BC vs Poly. For me, both had major pros and cons and it will be really hard to pick between the 2 in the future, but my biggest take-away was that Disney has so much to offer and even though I have not to be missed favorites, I really need to try new things. I saw Fantasmic for my first time ever and LOVED it! I always stayed away thinking it has a Fantasia theme (Im not a fan). It was FABULOUS. Tried new restaurants too , which made it feel like a whole different vacation then when I went before.
Welcome Back
I completely agree we had one of our best trips to date partly because we didn't stick to our plans and partly because we tried new things.
Dining at new restaurants and experiencing new attractions and tours made our trip feel fresh and new.
Thanks for posting the Discovery Cove pictures. Looking forward to your trip report and additional pics :goodvibes

Even though it is April, I am making 1 last post in the March board, My DW after saying she was not interested in doing another Disney trip (she does not like crowds and our 1st ever trip was during spring break) now that we are home 3 weeks she is talking it would have been nice to spend more time in Epcot and get to Disney Springs and spend more time at the resort, is now saying we should plan to go after Star Wars Land opens but plan to go between Thanksgiving and Christmas when the crowds are a bit lower.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter