***Official June 2023 Thread***

June 21-28 at Polynesian. Late flight on the 28th so that's a park day for us. We plan on a resort day mid-way through the trip. Would the Sunday or Monday be more crowded at the parks?
I don't know why, but Sundays are always our best days in the parks and Mondays are our worst.

I don't know why, but Sundays are always our best days in the parks and Mondays are our worst.
Same and my theory is that a lot of people arrive or go home on Sundays and don’t necessarily want to burn park admission on a partial day. That spills into Mondays seeing an uptick because it’s the first full day on property for them.

I’ve always heard avoid “Magic Kingdom Mondays” . I can’t even begin to figure our days out yet. Our first park day is on Father’s Day. The obvious choice for us is DHS for Star Wars stuff , but I am afraid that will be the obvious choice for everyone, hahaha! Although, we will be at MK to see HEA that night. We were so mad that they took it out we boycotted DisEnchantment (yes, we’re salty over this) last summer. HOWEVER, if F&G Garden Rocks keeps the “big names” on weekends and someone we want to see is there, we may have to Epcot Sunday night. I’m torn between wanting to see someone awesome, and hoping we don’t care about the entertainment so it’s one less thing to plan around.

We tend to travel around Father’s Day since I lost my dad 13 years ago. It just makes it easier to be in my happy place.

@TaraWasHere are you okay? I know last year you were really active on this thread and you started it, just checking on you!

@TaraWasHere are you okay? I know last year you were really active on this thread and you started it, just checking on you!
Well lets see, I changed jobs in September of last year, and I wasn't sure if I'd even be able to go to Disney this year. Then we had a family member suffer a pretty nasty injury in late October, then My stepfather died in December. Other than that though it's been pretty uneventful...🙃

I was able to work things out so that I would we would be able to go on a trip this year after all, but unfortunately it's in July, not June. I feel awful about disappearing for so long, especially since I am the one who started the thread. I can update the list, and keep it up to date if you would like. I only recently even came back to the boards (last week) when I was able to hammer down a trip date.

Thank you for your concern though. I really do appreciate the though. 🙂

Well lets see, I changed jobs in September of last year, and I wasn't sure if I'd even be able to go to Disney this year. Then we had a family member suffer a pretty nasty injury in late October, then My stepfather died in December. Other than that though it's been pretty uneventful...🙃

I was able to work things out so that I would we would be able to go on a trip this year after all, but unfortunately it's in July, not June. I feel awful about disappearing for so long, especially since I am the one who started the thread. I can update the list, and keep it up to date if you would like. I only recently even came back to the boards (last week) when I was able to hammer down a trip date.

Thank you for your concern though. I really do appreciate the though. 🙂
GOODNESS, you've had a rough 6 months! I am so, so sorry! I think we can all get by just chatting and searching, you have enough on your plate without worrying about this thread!!! If I need to, I can start a list on a random page, I could pm you to add that info to post one. We'll see if it's needed!

And no apologizing!!! I just realized I hadn't heard from you in a while and wanted to check on you. I hope things look up, and you can get to your happy place. :hug:

GOODNESS, you've had a rough 6 months! I am so, so sorry! I think we can all get by just chatting and searching, you have enough on your plate without worrying about this thread!!! If I need to, I can start a list on a random page, I could pm you to add that info to post one. We'll see if it's needed!

And no apologizing!!! I just realized I hadn't heard from you in a while and wanted to check on you. I hope things look up, and you can get to your happy place. :hug:
However you want to do it is fine with me. It’s really no problem at all.

I just booked a super quick trip! Which includes 2 nights at universal and a night at Disney!

6/2-6/5 - staying Rivera we will do Orlando informer meet up on 6/3 and Disney 6/4 and 6/5 with an early evening flight home.

Right now just me and DD8 we invited her friend and her mom but not sure on their plan yet.

I think I made too many ADRs lol! Need to snack around Epcot!
I like to have an ADR in the pocket on Epcot days just for backup purposes, but with F&G I find because there's less booths we do them for lunch and then a TS dinner somewhere. We are going light on ADRs on this trip though...granted it's a longer one but there's only 3 or 4 must-dos. Everything else we plan to wing it and utilize bars/lounges and walk ups. I don't want to overschedule us is the thing.

I think I made too many ADRs lol! Need to snack around Epcot!

I like to have an ADR in the pocket on Epcot days just for backup purposes, but with F&G I find because there's less booths we do them for lunch and then a TS dinner somewhere. We are going light on ADRs on this trip though...granted it's a longer one but there's only 3 or 4 must-dos. Everything else we plan to wing it and utilize bars/lounges and walk ups. I don't want to overschedule us is the thing.

My daughter said a few weeks ago that she can't remember the last time we had normal EPCOT food because we always have festival foods. :) I am not complaining! If they'd get rid of the 2pm hopping rule we'd probably go over most days for lunch. Soo many good snacks, so little time!

We went from using the deluxe dining plan in 2009 to only have 2 ADRs last year! We may pull it down to 1 this year. (We love Topolinos for brunch on rest days, and being there on Father's Day we feel like we need a meal that day, too.)

We have just found that in the summer heat/storms, we aren't as hungry, and with G+ it's so much harder to plan good times for things and have to work around them that we would rather just go with flow with food. I've also figured out that my girls want to eat when they get hungry (Note, they are 16 and 23 and we should be past this) but if they want a mickey pretzel or chicken fingers or whatever at 10:00 am - they're going to get it, and be happier for it, so we have hit THAT stage of park touring lol!

My daughter said a few weeks ago that she can't remember the last time we had normal EPCOT food because we always have festival foods. :) I am not complaining! If they'd get rid of the 2pm hopping rule we'd probably go over most days for lunch. Soo many good snacks, so little time!

We went from using the deluxe dining plan in 2009 to only have 2 ADRs last year! We may pull it down to 1 this year. (We love Topolinos for brunch on rest days, and being there on Father's Day we feel like we need a meal that day, too.)

We have just found that in the summer heat/storms, we aren't as hungry, and with G+ it's so much harder to plan good times for things and have to work around them that we would rather just go with flow with food. I've also figured out that my girls want to eat when they get hungry (Note, they are 16 and 23 and we should be past this) but if they want a mickey pretzel or chicken fingers or whatever at 10:00 am - they're going to get it, and be happier for it, so we have hit THAT stage of park touring lol!
Yeah the small plates and snacking thing is ideal in summer. When it's hot, I don't feel like eating a ton of food either. And we want this to be an easygoing kind of trip with a lot of downtime at the resort, so we don't want to shackle ourselves to a ton of ADRs. My gf has not been since our 2018 trip together and desperately wants to go to Wine Bar George after hearing me rave about it. We have a long trip though so we will have plenty of time to have a few must dos and still not feel overscheduled. This will be my first trip since G+ came out as well so I'm concerned about staying flexible enough to stack LLs.

I agree about the heat and summer! We often do a sit down lunch just to get out of the heat but not everyday. Then we snack around after that.

That's a good plan! I've been looking at the menus and several things look good. We may cancel a few ADRs but it took me forever to get that Topolinos so I've got to keep that lol!

I was able to fiddle with my plans enough to move my trip back to june! I'm so happy, I'll be there for F&G. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ I'll get the list properly updated asap, and again I am so sorry for not being here the past few months. They have been rough.

I was able to fiddle with my plans enough to move my trip back to june! I'm so happy, I'll be there for F&G. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ I'll get the list properly updated asap, and again I am so sorry for not being here the past few months. They have been rough.
So glad you could adjust your trip and glad things seem to be on the upswing!! Now time for all that June planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter