***Official June 2023 Thread***

We will be there for our honeymoon June 12-23rd at Beach Club DVC. I am super excited to stay in the Epcot area during flower and garden. Does anyone know when they release those dates? I thought it would have been out by now.
Usually in the middle of Festival of the Arts iirc. They tend not to release info on a festival until the one right before it has started.

We stayed at the Dolphin in September for a few days and hit 3/4 parks. My husband hadn’t been before, so I was hoping it wouldn’t be a one and done experience. Super excited that my family decided to do a week-long vrbo to celebrate my dad’s 60th in mid-June. We’ll do 2-3 days at the parks. Won’t be as convenient as the dreamy walk to Epcot and HS that we had at the Dolphin, but super excited to take my two boys to AK for the first time and go back to MK with more family! It’s fun to have more Disney to look forward to!

Decker family adventure June 17-24 at OKW grand villa. First time doing major trip with 9 of us. Chaotic and exciting all at once, cant wait!!!

Hello June Disers...We are set for a HS Grad trip (DS chose destination). Split stay after checking out UO for the first time: VGF 6/18-23, RR 6/23-7/1. This will be our first time visiting in the Summer :smooth: We are hoping to try new experiences like Cirque, Key to the Kingdom tour, Water Parks and Mini Golf. Yes, we loaded up our tickets with park hopper plus. Can't wait to read how to do WDW in June!

Hello June Disers...We are set for a HS Grad trip (DS chose destination). Split stay after checking out UO for the first time: VGF 6/18-23, RR 6/23-7/1. This will be our first time visiting in the Summer :smooth: We are hoping to try new experiences like Cirque, Key to the Kingdom tour, Water Parks and Mini Golf. Yes, we loaded up our tickets with park hopper plus. Can't wait to read how to do WDW in June!
I would get ready by spending1 hour a day in a sauna for a month leading up to your trip :).

All kidding aside, we're from GA, and the humidity is crazy even for us once June rolls around.

I would get ready by spending1 hour a day in a sauna for a month leading up to your trip :).

All kidding aside, we're from GA, and the humidity is crazy even for us once June rolls around.
LOL...I will take your sauna advice and also call it therapy:) We've done east coast humid, summer trips, but not with a WDW theme park on top of it. I have to mentally prepare the family too 8-) Are fans/cooling towels necessary around the parks? Kids are teens and should be ok, but I'd like to be prepared.

LOL...I will take your sauna advice and also call it therapy:) We've done east coast humid, summer trips, but not with a WDW theme park on top of it. I have to mentally prepare the family too 8-) Are fans/cooling towels necessary around the parks? Kids are teens and should be ok, but I'd like to be prepared.

June isn't as ugly hot as like, August, but it gets worse the deeper into the month you get and regardless it's hot and you'll want to have a gameplan for coping. Personally I never found cooling towels to be all that effective, I have tried a few brands and all they really did was make my neck sweaty after a while. After trying a few different things on my trips in summer 2021 by far what helped the most were small neck/handheld fans and a UV umbrella. I know many are not fond of carrying umbrellas in the parks but they make travel size ones that aren't huge, I got mine off Amazon and it fits in my Loungeflys. I find that even with the humidity, taking the blaring sun out of the equation makes things way more bearable, because there are SO many attractions where shade is next to non-existent in the outdoor queues and if you get stuck in the wrong part of a queue it's Bad. Specifically thinking of Spaceship Earth, when I went in August 2019 and the FP+ queue was insanely backed up and I was stuck with the hot sun beating down and had to grab a Minnie Van back to POFQ when I got off the ride because I felt so sick. Didn't have any issues July 4th weekend 2021 even in Epcot with my umbrella and neck fan, by comparison. It felt a good 10 degrees cooler under my umbrella with the fan going and more than once I shared it with someone's child while in line.

The other nice thing about the umbrellas is they will double as rain protection. But I would also strongly suggest either taking a midday break back at your resort or scheduling a lunch ADR so that you at least get some AC if you'll be in the park all day.

June isn't as ugly hot as like, August, but it gets worse the deeper into the month you get and regardless it's hot and you'll want to have a gameplan for coping. Personally I never found cooling towels to be all that effective, I have tried a few brands and all they really did was make my neck sweaty after a while. After trying a few different things on my trips in summer 2021 by far what helped the most were small neck/handheld fans and a UV umbrella. I know many are not fond of carrying umbrellas in the parks but they make travel size ones that aren't huge, I got mine off Amazon and it fits in my Loungeflys. I find that even with the humidity, taking the blaring sun out of the equation makes things way more bearable, because there are SO many attractions where shade is next to non-existent in the outdoor queues and if you get stuck in the wrong part of a queue it's Bad. Specifically thinking of Spaceship Earth, when I went in August 2019 and the FP+ queue was insanely backed up and I was stuck with the hot sun beating down and had to grab a Minnie Van back to POFQ when I got off the ride because I felt so sick. Didn't have any issues July 4th weekend 2021 even in Epcot with my umbrella and neck fan, by comparison. It felt a good 10 degrees cooler under my umbrella with the fan going and more than once I shared it with someone's child while in line.

The other nice thing about the umbrellas is they will double as rain protection. But I would also strongly suggest either taking a midday break back at your resort or scheduling a lunch ADR so that you at least get some AC if you'll be in the park all day.
I second about the neck fans if I can remember to bring them to the park lol!

Thank so much kylenne!:flower3: I will bring a small umbrella for rain and now take it into the parks for the sun. Now I'm off to order those neck fans, my boys will love them.

Hello June Disers...We are set for a HS Grad trip (DS chose destination). Split stay after checking out UO for the first time: VGF 6/18-23, RR 6/23-7/1. This will be our first time visiting in the Summer :smooth:
Hydration is another big factor. Teacher here, so we only, always, go in summer. One thing we make sure is that we are we hydrated before we go, and have hard and fast rules about water, limiting dehydrating beverages like sodas, alcohol, etc and drinking twice the water you think you need. We are also rope drop to lunch, break until evening, close the parks people. If we want a dip in the pool midday great, but really, avoiding the midday heat is the best way to combat it.

Thank so much kylenne!:flower3: I will bring a small umbrella for rain and now take it into the parks for the sun. Now I'm off to order those neck fans, my boys will love them.

Hydration is another big factor. Teacher here, so we only, always, go in summer. One thing we make sure is that we are we hydrated before we go, and have hard and fast rules about water, limiting dehydrating beverages like sodas, alcohol, etc and drinking twice the water you think you need. We are also rope drop to lunch, break until evening, close the parks people. If we want a dip in the pool midday great, but really, avoiding the midday heat is the best way to combat it.
Second the point on hydration. We always order bottled water for the room from instacart and fill up our bottles before heading out for rope drop and then refill as needed with free cups of ice water from QS. I just wish there were more bottle refilling stations in the parks.

I would just add that the resorts you're staying at make it super easy to take midday breaks too. And since you qualify for the Extended Evening Hours definitely take advantage of that to get some touring in out of the worst of the heat and crowds. I love summer evenings at the parks.

We will be there June 3 - 17th. We are doing VRBO though and not staying onsite. Just purchased 10 day park hoppers. We will be celebrating our oldest daughter graduating college (and her boyfriend, who is going with us) And our middle daughter’s 16th birthday!
We changed our minds! With the summer room sale and no longer needing to pay for parking at resorts (can now use disney transportation and no paying to park at parks either), we switched to Port Orleans French Quarter! So excited!!

Add us to the list! We’ll be at the Yacht Club from June 19th-24th before heading to Universal for four nights. We are looking forward to returning to Disney, but we are excited to try Universal for the first time, too.

I can’t tell y’all how many times I’ve refreshed the garden rocks concert page hoping for a line up! Picked out our magic bands, thinking about what we want to do…. I love the planning!

June 21-28 at Polynesian. Late flight on the 28th so that's a park day for us. We plan on a resort day mid-way through the trip. Would the Sunday or Monday be more crowded at the parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter