***Official June 2023 Thread***

The 7 day countdown is on...and my flight next week is delayed 4 hours this morning..hopefully an outlier. Don't mess with my beaches and Cream 130pm ADR next week Frontier!
Sorry if any of us here are stuck waiting in trenton this morning.
Screenshot_20230617_082505_Frontier.jpg

Hi! :wave2:I haven't posted here but did read a bit as we were originally visiting end of June. Due to a funeral we switched our vacation to the end of July. Going to be cancelling reservations for 2 people to sci-fi lunch & Space 220 lounge lunch and dinner for the week of June 25th-30th. I'll cancel at 5 EST today. Hope it blesses someone.

It’s finally time! We fly out tomorrow morning! Once we arrive and get settled in, we plan on spending most of our day in Epcot. I hope that those that are there now or going soon have a great time. Safe travels to everyone.

We did Animal Kingdom yesterday, and it didn’t feel too crowded at all. Rope dropped Mt Everest and rode twice without a wait. Could’ve ridden a few more times, but didn’t want to make our family who wasn’t riding wait. We did do Genie+ with our party of 10, and it went off mostly without a hitch and meant we fit everything in that we wanted to without a wait by our 3 pm Yak and Yeti reservation. It was an awesome day, and the storms the night/morning before meant it wasn’t too hot until later afternoon. Hope you’re having fun if you’re here!!

Just checking in to say I hope everyone else who arrived over the weekend is having a good time so far! We went to Rosa Mexicano for the first time last night at the Dolphin and I can’t say enough good things about how amazing it was. Great service from our server last night and the food was outstanding! All of us throughly enjoyed our meals there last night and we’ll definitely be going back again on a future trip. The lightning was crazy last night though and I feel sorry for anyone who was waiting on Fantasimic! and Epcot Forever. Not sure which one it was we heard when we were leaving the Dolphin but I think they did one of them later than usual due to the weather delay. Anyway, enjoy your trips guys and have fun!

We got back Saturday, and overall had a pretty great trip. As predicted Round Up Rodeo was mediocre at best. We rode Tron 5 times on our trip, and Cosmic Rewind got 8 rides. Our best meal was Flying Fish by far (always is) and Molli chose the Signature Elsa dress at BBB. We have our next trip booked for CL at the Beach Club June 8-15th of next year.
Hope everyone is having great trips thus far, and can't wait to start planning again with those who will be back next June!

My trip is winding down. We leave Sunday..except for tonight..which is gorgeous..it has mostly been the surface of the sun here. It can't be said enough...make sure you keep hydrating.
Cancelled many ADRs during the trip on the fly...just couldn't think of eating a whole bunch of food when the heat index was 105 or more. Overall I would say I haven't gorged as much as I usually do due to the heat. Hopefully this was just a heat wave but I was here August 2021 and it wasn't this scorching.
Staying at Boardwalk and noticed more wheelchairs today than normal and then saw someone wearing a lanyard that had the letters SMA on it..so there is a gathering of sorts at yacht club this weekend for that..got curious as I never heard of SMA. So basically now sitting here listening to my kids snore in tears. I am sure i have raised my voice this trip...the heat and the pressure of getting value will do that....and thinking of the small child being wheeled around the Boardwalk in a hospital bed on oxygen. It is helping me gain perspective..so what if I didn't get a VQ for Guardians? Oh no the bus from magic kingdom to Boardwalk is taking too long. Anyways its been a good trip..albeit hot and of course expensive..despite us getting snacks delivered to the room fron Target just outright larceny here for the little things in the park..thought I'd share some random thoughts as I ponder the next 2 days before I leave the bubble.

We’re here right now too, and I echo Gary… it’s so hot. It kind of sucks the life out of you.

Before coming DH said to not get us up early every morning like the last trip. So I scheduled some rope drop days but also some days where we arrive around 2:00 pm. Well, THAT’S not happening. It’s just too hot.

We were at EEH at MK and left a little after midnight and it was STILL hot by our standards. At midnight! Crazy. 🥵😂

That said, crowds are manageable and transportation has been pretty good.

Food for the most part has been decent. I’ve followed advice from here and some blogs/podcasts. The only one that truly disappointed us so far has been Skipper Canteen. Maybe it was what we ordered but none of us liked it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

It’s our first time to Galaxy’s Edge and it did not disappoint! We’ve hit the big rides. DD still wants to meet the Mandalorian but we haven’t managed to time that right yet.

The family was blown away by Guardians, and really enjoyed Tron. I’m trying to just take these quiet moments to bask in the Disney magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter