***Official June 2019***

Needing an update here, Roxy, my friend! The AP gods were kind and for $100 more, we now have a Preferred Room at Caribbean Beach! :cool1: Never thought we'd stay there because of the bus situation, then the construction situation, but since both appear fairly well resolved, we're going to give it a go. DS is excited about the pirate activity for older kids, and since it's of course on the same night that I booked the HEA dessert party, it's time to start juggling that schedule again!!! I love the planning... :love:

A small update from me... we are now booked for POFQ from June 26 - July 10 (DD, 23 and me)
I was able to modify our original booking (bounce back offer) with 5 more days.

Staying at Caribbean Beach Resort June 3-8th. Got the discount on Room this morning. So excited and can’t wait! Anyone have an opinion on MK on a Friday evening. We really want to end our trip in that park but I’ve always avoided Fri-Sun there. Morning EMH are already planned for that morning but with teens I have agreed to doing Disney late afternoon to close and putting my rope dropping skills aside.

Staying at Caribbean Beach Resort June 3-8th. Got the discount on Room this morning. So excited and can’t wait! Anyone have an opinion on MK on a Friday evening. We really want to end our trip in that park but I’ve always avoided Fri-Sun there. Morning EMH are already planned for that morning but with teens I have agreed to doing Disney late afternoon to close and putting my rope dropping skills aside.
We're at CBR at the same time! We've done MK on a Friday evening and it's definitely crowded but not dealbreakingly so.

We're at CBR at the same time! We've done MK on a Friday evening and it's definitely crowded but not dealbreakingly so.
Hoping they add to the operational hours like last year and it stays open until midnight. I think after fireworks it would possibly thin out and 10-12 would give us some less crowded time. We can always do MK Thursday night and Epcot or HS Friday night but man I love ending a trip at MK. I’m looking forward to staying at CBR. Stayed there 13 years ago. Our last two trips have been in a Disney Springs hotel which was nice but I’m happy to be at a Disney resort again. Five months and counting down!

Okay, I have GOT to stop researching now. I unfortunately started reading horror stories about the CBR buses, and decided I didn't want to blow my budget on Uber because DS and I have the patience of gnats when it comes to getting to the parks. Couple bucks more and we've got Preferred at CSR, where I've stayed before and understand the bus system. DS will still do the pirate activity at CBR, which means I'll be forced to relax at Banana Cabana with a drink and a book. Poor me... :jumping1::drinking1

A small update from me... we are now booked for POFQ from June 26 - July 10 (DD, 23 and me)
I was able to modify our original booking (bounce back offer) with 5 more days.

Done and yay for 5 extra days!

Hoping they add to the operational hours like last year and it stays open until midnight. I think after fireworks it would possibly thin out and 10-12 would give us some less crowded time. We can always do MK Thursday night and Epcot or HS Friday night but man I love ending a trip at MK. I’m looking forward to staying at CBR. Stayed there 13 years ago. Our last two trips have been in a Disney Springs hotel which was nice but I’m happy to be at a Disney resort again. Five months and counting down!

I think they normally do, and I don't mind going to MK on Friday night but never ever on a Saturday lol.

Okay, I have GOT to stop researching now. I unfortunately started reading horror stories about the CBR buses, and decided I didn't want to blow my budget on Uber because DS and I have the patience of gnats when it comes to getting to the parks. Couple bucks more and we've got Preferred at CSR, where I've stayed before and understand the bus system. DS will still do the pirate activity at CBR, which means I'll be forced to relax at Banana Cabana with a drink and a book. Poor me... :jumping1::drinking1

Update made! Love me some CSR, we stayed there on our first trip back in the now demolished Business Class Cabanas 9B (RIP) and I have a big soft spot for it.

Update made! Love me some CSR, we stayed there on our first trip back in the now demolished Business Class Cabanas 9B (RIP) and I have a big soft spot for it.

I have to say, I really did fall in love with it last February, and that was while it was still under construction! It was the first time I received an upgrade, and I got bumped to one of the refurbed Preferred rooms. So. Dang. GORGEOUS. All the storage was like staying in a giant purse. :love:

Hi! We're celebrating my son's high school graduation at Disney World June 8-19. (We = Me, DD, DS and my mom/grandma - DH is staying home and fishing :)) It's a split stay between BWV and BLT... so excited!

Sorry, I made a typo (oops :) ) our dates are 8-16.

Since Free Dining starts July 5th - I am "assuming" that us Juners' wont get the Summer Meal Deal where you get one free QS (not the dining plan.) So I booked the Summer Room Discount.
I tried to make BOG resi for 4 - but no availability - so I booked a resi for 2 - and then I called the resi line and they booked a second group of 2 / One resi is at 1:30 the other is at 1:40 hopefully that works out.

Last edited:
We just returned from a 2 night stay at WDW (did not do any parks) and a non Disney cruise. Now that that trip is over, we are eagerly waiting for our next trip in May/June. Before we know it it will be here :goodvibes

Hello!! Just booked a great AP rate at the Yacht Club for June 9 - 16! There's a chance dates could shift by a day or two once we decide on flights, or if I change our reservation over to rented DVC points from a friend, but as of now, it's just me and DH on an unplanned booking b/c I found an amazing price!!

We just got back 9 days ago from a great New Year's Eve trip, and I couldn't wait to get back!!

Update:
We are staying at the Best Western Disney Springs because we still get the Disney perks.

On another note, I am so nervous about booking fastpass in a few months. That's all I am able to think about. I feel like I am totally going to screw up because I have no idea what I am doing.

Going on our first family trip to Disney World! We have been to Disneyland with our little girl twice, but this is the first time we will be taking her to WDW. We are staying at the Contemporary from 15-21 June.

Hi everyone! I’m (hopefully!!) going to WDW in June! I went a couple of years ago June 14-21 and really enjoyed it! I’m really wanting a warm, summer vacation after the last few days of rain!
I have a question about June for those of you who have been before: how long are the topiaries up? When I went a couple of years ago, flower and garden ended on May 30 that year and I don’t remember seeing any topiaries on June 16 and I’m almost certain most of the flowers were gone. I have school so I might be able to make the last day this year but I’m not sure. I’ve never been during flower and garden so I’d love to at least see some of it, even if it’s not the booths!
I’m really excited! I wasn’t going to go to WDW this year, but I booked while looking at all my PhotoPass pictures from November! I dealt with the Veterans Day weekend crowds then so I’m hoping June is a little better!

Ok guys, I think I'm caught up on everything, let me know if I missed something!

Since Free Dining starts July 5th - I am "assuming" that us Juners' wont get the Summer Meal Deal where you get one free QS (not the dining plan.) So I booked the Summer Room Discount.
I tried to make BOG resi for 4 - but no availability - so I booked a resi for 2 - and then I called the resi line and they booked a second group of 2 / One resi is at 1:30 the other is at 1:40 hopefully that works out.

Now that I'm DVC I don't follow the discounts that closely but if you see it come up let me know so I can list it on the front page! Even if it isn't the best discount of all time, it's better than nothing and you gotta eat anyway. Might as well let the mouse pay for a little of it.

Update:
We are staying at the Best Western Disney Springs because we still get the Disney perks.

On another note, I am so nervous about booking fastpass in a few months. That's all I am able to think about. I feel like I am totally going to screw up because I have no idea what I am doing.

Fastpasses aren't too difficult once you know how you want to handle it. In the TPAS board there's a huge thread about fastpass strategy and there's certainly different styles. I like to use it to be sure we get our favorites rather than min/maxing on what will save the most time. That way if we sleep in and miss the less busy time around opening we can still hit something like Space Mountain without waiting for a long time in the afternoon. Just be aware the newer the ride, the "harder" it is to get.

Going on our first family trip to Disney World! We have been to Disneyland with our little girl twice, but this is the first time we will be taking her to WDW. We are staying at the Contemporary from 15-21 June.

I love the Contemporary, such a great location and you cant beat walking to and from the Magic Kingdom for kids that age. Hope you have a great time!

Hi everyone! I’m (hopefully!!) going to WDW in June! I went a couple of years ago June 14-21 and really enjoyed it! I’m really wanting a warm, summer vacation after the last few days of rain!
I have a question about June for those of you who have been before: how long are the topiaries up? When I went a couple of years ago, flower and garden ended on May 30 that year and I don’t remember seeing any topiaries on June 16 and I’m almost certain most of the flowers were gone. I have school so I might be able to make the last day this year but I’m not sure. I’ve never been during flower and garden so I’d love to at least see some of it, even if it’s not the booths!
I’m really excited! I wasn’t going to go to WDW this year, but I booked while looking at all my PhotoPass pictures from November! I dealt with the Veterans Day weekend crowds then so I’m hoping June is a little better!

Yeah after being sick for basically the last month and all the horribly cold weather I'm very much looking forward to Late May/Early June as well! I can't speak to how long the topiaries last, but I'd say they would take them down pretty fast. Last year by the first week of June I didn't notice any but I also wasn't really looking for them either. This year it does extend a bit longer so perhaps if you make Epcot your very first stop on the 2nd or 3rd you should be able to see them.

DH and I have decided to do a different kind of trip for June...I learned how to relax on our new year's trip, LOL, and we both enjoyed it. So we are going to take a more laid back approach to this one, too.

We're going to try going with no ADRs. For the Jan trip, we ended up changing nearly all of our reservations once we arrived anyway, and since we'll be a party of two instead of four, and we tend to go Signature when we're by ourselves, we're fairly committed to this plan. I say "fairly committed", because I like to plan trips, and I know I'm not going to be able to resist making SOME kind of ADRs, even if they do end up changed later on.

One thing we're 100% committed to is booking the Backstage Magic tour, and we're about 60% ready to book the Rivers of Light Dessert Party (he's never seen it, and I hated the regular seating area - but when I did it solo I was on the Tiffins RoL dining package and the show was new and CROWDED.)

If I'm going to stick to this "no ADR" thing, you guys might have to be my therapy group when I am either tempted and need encouragement, or when I just plain fail spectacularly and book a meal every day :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

DH and I have decided to do a different kind of trip for June...I learned how to relax on our new year's trip, LOL, and we both enjoyed it. So we are going to take a more laid back approach to this one, too.

We're going to try going with no ADRs. For the Jan trip, we ended up changing nearly all of our reservations once we arrived anyway, and since we'll be a party of two instead of four, and we tend to go Signature when we're by ourselves, we're fairly committed to this plan. I say "fairly committed", because I like to plan trips, and I know I'm not going to be able to resist making SOME kind of ADRs, even if they do end up changed later on.

One thing we're 100% committed to is booking the Backstage Magic tour, and we're about 60% ready to book the Rivers of Light Dessert Party (he's never seen it, and I hated the regular seating area - but when I did it solo I was on the Tiffins RoL dining package and the show was new and CROWDED.)

If I'm going to stick to this "no ADR" thing, you guys might have to be my therapy group when I am either tempted and need encouragement, or when I just plain fail spectacularly and book a meal every day :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

No ADR is certainly achievable. Or rather, only do same day or day before ADRs. There's a lot of places you can choose near last minute without having to decide weeks in advance. I think some of the ADR craze is a bit overrated unless you're going at a very busy time. That being said, we're probably going to go a lot slower this time but we do still need to book a few reservations. We've talked about doing Hoop de doo and also the happily ever after dessert party. So at some point we'll have to book those but I'm going to wait a while longer since those are prepay situations.

No ADR is certainly achievable. Or rather, only do same day or day before ADRs. There's a lot of places you can choose near last minute without having to decide weeks in advance. I think some of the ADR craze is a bit overrated unless you're going at a very busy time. That being said, we're probably going to go a lot slower this time but we do still need to book a few reservations. We've talked about doing Hoop de doo and also the happily ever after dessert party. So at some point we'll have to book those but I'm going to wait a while longer since those are prepay situations.

So many people make changes, that on our most recent trip over the new year, even on New Year's Eve, we were able to change reservations...I stopped booking right away a long time ago, but have never gone without having any in place. I like the pattern of booking dining, booking fp, etc, b/c I enjoy the trip planning process. At this point, we book our trips well past 180 most of the time anyway, but it's hard to let go completely of the "rush" you get when finding a reservation you've been looking for.

I'm curious to see how I manage to do, LOL!! I tend to write pre-trip reports, and boy, this one will be so boring :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So far June is looking wide open, availability wise, so we're holding off on dessert party stuff for now, too. We've done New Year's Eve trips for the past two years, which require some maneuvering. I'm looking forward to some simplicity!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter