Official July 2023 Thread

Is anyone thinking of going to Epcot or Typhoon Lagoon After Hours? I think we will do the 7/20 Epcot after hours.

Is anyone thinking of going to Epcot or Typhoon Lagoon After Hours? I think we will do the 7/20 Epcot after hours.
We got the park hopper plus, so I’m going to skip on the typhoon lagoon one.

I don’t know about Epcot. We are staying at BWI so we can use the extended evening hours. I may just do that

Reactions: rlk
I'm considering booking for the week of July 4 (only week my high school son's sport practice has off all summer.)
I see that in years past, Disney has done their special fireworks show on both July 3 and 4th. Is that just at Magic Kingdom, or Epcot too? This year July 3 is on a Monday. Any idea if they will still do the evening extended hours on Monday July 3 at Epcot? That will be the main factor in deciding whether we book at a Deluxe vs. a Moderate.
Thanks for any insight!

I'm considering booking for the week of July 4 (only week my high school son's sport practice has off all summer.)
I see that in years past, Disney has done their special fireworks show on both July 3 and 4th. Is that just at Magic Kingdom, or Epcot too? This year July 3 is on a Monday. Any idea if they will still do the evening extended hours on Monday July 3 at Epcot? That will be the main factor in deciding whether we book at a Deluxe vs. a Moderate.
Thanks for any insight!
I read somewhere that Epcot is only on the 4th.

I have to figure out my parks. We are staying at BW, so I would like to RD Epcot, but wondering if it may too crowded on the 4th and we just hop there that day at night. I wish that we could PH at any time again. I’m not a fan of this 2 pm rule at all.

We are hoping to do Hollywood Studios After Hours — your post made me check dates because I didn’t realize they had released new ones.

We definitely will do after hours at one park, getting me, my husband and our 16 year old daughter to agree on which park may be the challenge 😂

We are hoping to do Hollywood Studios After Hours — your post made me check dates because I didn’t realize they had released new ones.
I don’t think HS AH are available in July as of right now.

We just got back from Disney and went to the AH on 2/22. It wasn’t bad but Rise was pretty much a 50 minute wait the entire night. Maybe it was just a fluke because of the busy week. But if they do add more HS dates, I would get in line for Rise before the park closes and then focus on the other rides afterwards. MMRR, MFSM, ToT, Toy Story Mania, & Alien swirling saucers were all walk on at some point. SDD was a posted 35 minute wait but it was really more like 25. Other HS nights had better reviews though.

I don’t think HS AH are available in July as of right now.

We just got back from Disney and went to the AH on 2/22. It wasn’t bad but Rise was pretty much a 50 minute wait the entire night. Maybe it was just a fluke because of the busy week. But if they do add more HS dates, I would get in line for Rise before the park closes and then focus on the other rides afterwards. MMRR, MFSM, ToT, Toy Story Mania, & Alien swirling saucers were all walk on at some point. SDD was a posted 35 minute wait but it was really more like 25. Other HS nights had better reviews though.

No, you’re right HS isn’t yet available. I hope they continue doing them there, but if not, I think we would do Epcot — we are staying at Beach Club so it would be an easy walk back.

And, thank you for the tip — I definitely think your suggestion makes sense. Were you able to ride Rise at all during after hours ?

On our last trip our daughter wasn’t much of a fan of Rock and Roller coaster (she exited the ride and said “never again” ) and had only done tower for the first time and loved it, but it was the last ride of the day so she didn’t get to ride again. She’s 3 years older now and very excited to try them both again.

Were you able to ride Rise at all during after hours ?
We did not. Our daughter is 6 and didn’t really want to and neither did my husband. We rode SDD 3x (another one also with a LL), smugglers run 2x, Toy Story mania 1(+LL before the party started), MMRR 1x (and another one with a LL before the party started) and ToT once.

I recommend stacking LL if you can before the AH starts. We got in at around 7 pm and met Mickey and Minnie before they closed and did our stacked LL

I think we are going to try the Epcot After Hours on 7/6. Since it hasn't been done yet, not sure what to expect. We did the EEH there and enjoyed it except with rides being so far apart we didn't get a ton done in 2 hours. I'm hoping with 3 hours AH it will be better. But I'm looking forward to hearing how these go in June so we can pivot if reports aren't great.

^^^ Count us in, too! We got tickets for the July 27 Epcot After Hours. Everyone has their own calculus for whether to do these or not, of course. Our reasons:
  • Saves a day on park tickets (so figure the incremental cost of what another day's ticket would have been applies to the cost of the AH ticket, plus we are DVC so get a small discount there, too)
  • We are staying at BWV, so getting "home" afterwards will be easy
  • We are all adults so late hours are fine and actually preferred to be out of the strong sun
  • We haven't done a party at Epcot yet (have done MK, DHS, and TL)
I can't believe July is only 4 months away!

^^^ Count us in, too! We got tickets for the July 27 Epcot After Hours. Everyone has their own calculus for whether to do these or not, of course. Our reasons:
  • Saves a day on park tickets (so figure the incremental cost of what another day's ticket would have been applies to the cost of the AH ticket, plus we are DVC so get a small discount there, too)
  • We are staying at BWV, so getting "home" afterwards will be easy
  • We are all adults so late hours are fine and actually preferred to be out of the strong sun
  • We haven't done a party at Epcot yet (have done MK, DHS, and TL)
I can't believe July is only 4 months away!
Our reasons are similar!
  • Disney Blues- Went in January for our first "once in a decade" trip but quickly realized we won't be able to wait that long.
  • Going to be staying on the coast for our yearly beach trip, 1.5 hours away. If we're going to be so close how can we ignore the call
  • Also can't stand the daytime July heat
We have little ones, but they hung in there for EEH and crashed as we left. So hopefully with a daytime nap they'll do fine with the extra hour of AH

Reactions: KSL
We've decided to add a night to the start of our trip:
7/11- 7/12 All-Star Movies

Since we missed out on the AK Moonlight Magic last September due to Hurricane Ian, we are hoping to score tickets to this year's July 11 AK Moonlight Magic event.

We'll be staying at ASMo 7/4 - 7/7, going to MK on 7/5, Universal on 7/6 and then driving to Miami for a 7 day cruise on the Magic.

We're coming from CA and our flight lands at 5pm at MCO. What are the chances of watching the MK fireworks from the Poly beach on the 4th? I'm going to try to get an ADR for Ohana for a late dinner.

We have just booked our July trip

OKW 5th-13th
Universal 13th-16th
AKL Kidani 16th-21st

First time travelling in July, so hoping the sun isnt too intense for our pale Scottish skin.
Normally travel in October. Although have done June and Sept in the past.
My husband is a pale blue Scottish person and we go in July a lot since it’s our anniversar. Wear sunscreen and stay hydrate. LOVE AKL! Have a terrific trip

I didn't think I'd be joining another thread this year but I am doing a long weekend June 30-July 3 at French Quarter. It's a little solo recharge after a rough year. I just booked my hotel, 4-day hoppers and flights this morning after waffling for the last few weeks!

Oh my gosh, so rusty at trying to post using my phone. Ignore the copy above, lol.

DD and I are going July 14-17 following her dance competition in Orlando, staying at POFQ with her dance friend and mom - hoping for connecting rooms.

Has anyone heard any buzz about July discounts opening up soon? The current promotion doesn’t cover our dates.

Looks like previous years they released something around April 1st, so I have been keeping a close eye out.

Oh my gosh, so rusty at trying to post using my phone. Ignore the copy above, lol.

DD and I are going July 14-17 following her dance competition in Orlando, staying at POFQ with her dance friend and mom - hoping for connecting rooms.

Has anyone heard any buzz about July discounts opening up soon? The current promotion doesn’t cover our dates.

Looks like previous years they released something around April 1st, so I have been keeping a close eye out.
On the resort board, there is a rumor that the Disney Visa discount will be released to the general public tomorrow.
Disney Visa Summer Discount

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter