Official July 2023 Thread

Jacq7414

DIS Veteran
We are going to be there for July 4th. Anyone else going? I keep on waiting for a thread but see every other month in 2023 but not July 😂

Dates:
Coloredimage: June 30-July 3 at French Quarter

Jgl130: June 30th - July 5th Polynesian

Disneyfan123 - July 1 - 6 Polynesian/Beach club split
Twilighttraine: July 1-8 / split stay between Holiday Inn Disney Springs & Riviera Resort

Heffalump - july 2-5 VGF

Jacq7414: July 2-8 Boardwalk

Psymonds: CBR 7/2-7/9

slaggslala: 7/4-7/9 All Star Movies

DLmama: ASMo 7/4 - 7/7

IanDLBZF from MCMagic: July 4-5, staying at the Contemporary & July 19-22, staying at the Contemporary

Msmith1026: 7/8 - 7/17 Beach Club

TeamKnox: OKW 5th-13th; Universal 13th-16th; AKL Kidani 16th-21st

cbeeindisney: July 8-15 offsite

rlk: 710- 7/12 CBR, BLT - 7/12-7/16; BWV - 7/16-7/22

ColonelHathi: July 14-17 - POFQ

Thankzbye: POP the 15th-19th

Tinkerbella16: Pop Century July 15-19th

Rustysmom: July 16-22

Tara was here: July 22-29th at Beach Club
KSL: 7/23-31 BWV

Princess Michele: Grand Floridian Villas July 23-29

Dancergirlsmom: July 23-Aug 1 - Contemporary, (July 23-26) and CBR (July 26-August 1),

mkay - July 25-30th - Beach Club

TikiBob - July 25-30 Coronado springs

Maine mama - CBR from 7/26-7/31

Boardwalk Bound: July 27-Aug 5 Grand Floridian Anniversary trip!

Fitzwoman27- July27-Aug5 BW Grand Villa

Last edited:
I've been looking too. It will just be my husband and me, unless our two college-age boys will be able to join us for all or part of our July 12-22 trip. I think someone going in July just needs to take on the responsibility of updating the thread.

I was just checking for a thread yesterday! 😆 We were going to be going in June but after some family issues, and a death we had to cancel. But we're back on track, and just booked for July 22-29th at Beach Club. You should change the title and make this the official thread so we can start sharing our 2023 plans!

Last edited:
I was just checking for a thread yesterday! 😆 We were going to be going in June but after some family issues, and a death we had to cancel. But we're back on track, and just booked for July 22-29th at Wilderness lodge. You should change the title and make this the official thread so we can start sharing our 2023 plans!
I change it. I can’t promise I’ll be able to keep up with everything. I work full time

Me Too! Seriously though, I can just PM you the updated list so all you have to do is copy and paste to add the names if you get busy. Not a big deal. Just having the tread to find and talk to each other is more than enough. 🙂

Reactions: rlk

I was doing the same thing! (looking and thinking I must be missing the thread, because how can every other month have one!?) Thank you for getting us started! Please add me to the list:

Looking forward to planning with y'all!

I was doing the same thing! (looking and thinking I must be missing the thread, because how can every other month have one!?) Thank you for getting us started! Please add me to the list:

Looking forward to planning with y'all!
Have you stayed at BW before! This is our first time staying there and I’m kind of nervous 😂. We are going with my BIL and SIL and I picked the hotel

Have you stayed at BW before! This is our first time staying there and I’m kind of nervous 😂. We are going with my BIL and SIL and I picked the hotel
Not KSL, but this will be our third stay at BWV. Beach Club and Beach Club Villa was always our favorite until we couldn't get a DVC room there a few years ago. We decided to try BWV and love this resort as much as the BC. For me, the BW location has a slight edge over the BC.

Not KSL, but this will be our third stay at BWV. Beach Club and Beach Club Villa was always our favorite until we couldn't get a DVC room there a few years ago. We decided to try BWV and love this resort as much as the BC. For me, the BW location has a slight edge over the BC.
We stayed at BC last April but my husband wasn’t a fan of the pool there (I know everyone loves it usually). He thought it was just too big for our daughter (she was 5 at the time). It was very disjointed. So I do understand.

Reactions: rlk
We stayed at BC last April but my husband wasn’t a fan of the pool there (I know everyone loves it usually). He thought it was just too big for our daughter (she was 5 at the time). It was very disjointed. So I do understand.
I tend to agree about the pool, especially with young children. It was nerve-wracking when our two boys were little. Even though the BW pool isn't zero entry, it is much easier to navigate. Also, I think the slide at BW is better.

@jacq - we love the Boardwalk! It's one of our two home resorts and we have stayed there often. It's undergoing renovation which I'm hoping won't impact our experience much this summer. The pool area was done fairly recently (when they changed over from the "crazy clown" to the current "keister coaster" theme), and they've finished with the Bellevue Lounge makeover and new Carousel Coffee, so pool and lobby areas will hopefully be fine. The two drawbacks (in our opinion) to BWV are no dedicated 2BRs, and no quick service / refillable drink station. We don't always get the mugs, but when we do have them it's a pain (first world problem!) to go to the deli or pool for a refill. Folks have been disappointed that they didn't add a mug station to the new coffee shop (maybe they will eventually?). We love BWV for so many reasons that outweigh this, though: restaurants/lounges/activity along Boardwalk, overall theme/vibe, location! can walk/boat to two parks (or through EP to MK on monorail), skyliner to DHS or resorts beyond, etc, etc! I think you will be happy with your choice!

Not to interject or anything, but my girls live and die by the Yacht and Beach Club pool. Stormalong Bay is the main reason we keep going back to Beach Club (well other than the location.) They would be very upset to hear y'all talking so coldly of their beloved poo! 😝 😂

Not to interject or anything, but my girls live and die by the Yacht and Beach Club pool. Stormalong Bay is the main reason we keep going back to Beach Club (well other than the location.) They would be very upset to hear y'all talking so coldly of their beloved poo! 😝 😂
We really like SABt, but it was angst-producing when they were young. When they became strong swimmers, we were able to relax and enjoy SAB.

We really like SABt, but it was angst-producing when they were young. When they became strong swimmers, we were able to relax and enjoy SAB.
LOL I can imagine how nerve-wracking it could be for someone with small kids. But IMO it's the best pool on property, though I'm many would (and are free to ) disagree.
On a completely separate note, I'm trying to rough estimate how much more Genie+ and ILL's are going to cost us this year. The scale pricing on Genie has me a bit irritated, and I can tolerate a lot. I'm mostly against using ILL but we won't be there as long this trip, and I don't want my youngest to miss out on her favorites because we didn't get up early or stay for EEH. Fun...

I really liked the pool. But my husband didn’t like how he felt like he had to be in the pool all the time with her. It’s really hard to watch a young child in that pool. Especially with all of the bridges to get to one section and if she wanted to go on the slide, I didn’t like how she had to cross the walkway. She was only 5 at the time (now 6) and I wouldn’t have her cross that by herself. I liked the Polynesian pool better. We didn’t have to always walk around with her

Thank you @Jacq7414 for getting this thread started!

My sister and I are going June 30th - July 5th! We’re taking advantage of my AP discount at the Poly. It actually brought it down to “reasonable.” :rotfl2:

I went on a solo trip over the 4th back in 2019. This is the first time she’s been for the 4th.

Can’t wait to hear everyone’s plans!

Booked for July. It's going to be Africa HOT! 🔥
I’m not looking forward to the heat but we are going to one of the Disney water parks for the first time ever, so I’m excited about that

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter