***Official July 2019 thread***

17 days to go and I still feel like I have so much left to plan. But also...don't really want to plan too much. I found on our last trip that leaving things open worked well for us because we found lots of dining availability last minute.
BUT...I realize we'll have my nephew with us this time and it's July 4th week as opposed to May, so things are a bit different this time.

Also, my hotel plans changed again, because one of my DVC waitlists came through for July 4th. Problem is, it came through for Garden view and we're booked the rest of the time for Standard view. I'm still stalking the site and have a waitlist hoping that one night will open up for standard, but it's not looking good. Hubby's not crazy about the idea of switching rooms 3 times.
As of right now, we're doing POFQ on 7/3, then BW Garden View on 7/4, then BW Standard View 7/5-7/9. Kind of a pain, but I wonder if switching to BW for the first night and paying cash would be a little easier. I mean...staying at the same hotel is at least a little easier than switching resorts entirely??

Also...still haven't really booked any dining to speak of, because I'm the most indecisive person in the world.

While I have flown and done park days with my DS7 alone, we are doing our first Mom/son trip in November.
Back when he was 5 we went with DH for a conference, so we did park days without DH. It was a lot of fun just the 2 of us.
Flew in Jan this year just the 2 of us, but met DH at a conference at Royal Pacific.
I am very excited for our Nov trip. All the kids are going in 10 days (I have 4 kids, 2 grandkids) so going without everyone will be different, but easier with no child swapping and bickering over who rides with who. :)
Any tips on how to tour alone with a young child? :) i can say I am excited,
When are your new dates again? I seem to recall it's after my trip...otherwise I'd tell you you're free to hang out with us if you'd like :)
it’s after :( July 13-21. I didn’t change my dates actually, it’s supposed to be after the cruise

Any tips on how to tour alone with a young child? :) i can say I am excited,
Well, with my son, we basically just did the usual plan. We rope dropped, used FPs, took lunch breaks. I do know that one day at HS, we did the VOLM to have a "break" and he fell asleep thru the whole show. :)
He convinced me to ride TOT (I was not a fan, he had never done) and afterwards he vowed to never ride again, and he hasn't :teeth:
There really isn't any trick, and we just kind a went with the flow. We also were given a bunch of anytime FPs, can't remember why, so we really had easy days.
We were in Jan tho, so it was cooler, so afternoon breaks were not a must do.
I'd say in summer, you need those breaks. So I'd plan afternoons for a little swim time, and then rest in the air conditioning before heading back out.
Also, if using buses, there was one night after the old SW fireworks, when we were on a crowded bus, had to stand, and my poor son was falling asleep standing. So I'd say keep that in mind if you have later nights and have to bus, keep your child close if you are standing. Makes it a bit of a challenge when it's just you and a sleepy child!:rotfl:

18 days for us too! I just made a few changes in the last few days.........

Cancelled TSL EMM on July 3rd
Moved 50's Prime Time from Sat, July 6th lunch to Fri, July 5th dinner
Moved Boma breakfast from July 5 to July 6
Cancelled all FPs at HS on July 6 including SDD!
Added FPs at MK on July 6 afternoon (Splash, BTMR, HM) but probably doing a water park.

Still trying to move Ohana dinner from 5 pm to 6 pm on the 3rd

AND...............

I bought us tickets for DAH at HS on the 5th !!!!!!! :banana::banana: I just wasn't feeling two early mornings in a row as we will be up by 3 am for our flights on the 2nd. Plus we get double the time for only $20 more pp. Win win! :)
Yay, now our plans overlap :flower1: we'll both be at AH on the 5th!

Ok new plans!

7/4--still doing our MK plan--no changes
7/5--HS after hours --no changes
7/6-- AK in the evening
7/7--MK all day. I made a lunch ADR at Liberty Tree. I hope it's good! I can't move my 7DMT up from 6:30. ugh
7/8--Garden Grill PPO (scored this yesterday) FW stand by, mid day break at resort, AK in evening again
7/9--RD AK --head to beach!

28 days!! I still have 2 other trips to get through before Disney. A 4 night, long weekend trip to Maine this coming weekend and a 3 night trip to Key West with DH to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary (on 7/7). We get back on the 9th and I leave for Disney with my mom and kids on the 15th! I’m exhausted just thinking about it all.

I’m a teacher and today was my last day so I finally feel like I can start to get everything in order!

I just caught up with this thread! For some reason the notification stopped a couple of pages ago! Anyway, I have major change in plans, it’ll just be me and DS5 alone for WDW! I’m still trying to figure how to change my plans... it’ll be our very first mom and son only trip! I’m excited and nervous for sure! I’ve removed our DxDP and will rely on AP discount instead. My dining is still all over the place... FPs are all over the place too. Need to call Disney about refunding after hours tickets for my DH! Any tips with travelling alone with a 5 year old? :D

I started taking DS on solo trips when he was 4, took DD when she was 4 last year as well.

While I love our family trips, there is truly something special about the trips where it has been just one-on-one with DS or DD. 2 people can be so flexible, it’s almost liberating in a way. Everything is easier... dining is easier to book, FPs are easier to make. Plus the ability to really be in the moment, enjoying the small things about WDW.

Tips? No real tips from me, just wanted to say have fun and enjoy!

Although my one tip... we had dropped the stroller at 5, but I would still rent one at the front of Epcot just to get more ‘mileage’ at that park.

...just curious: what park (or maybe not even visiting a park) does everyone plan on visiting for the 4th of July?
We will be on Panama City Beach watching their 4th fireworks. 🏖🎆
We are doing MK dessert party July 3rd, ending our Disney time with a bang. :)
We head to PCB on the 4th. (then home after 2 nights relaxing at the beach.)

Had to have emergency eye surgery last week. I now feel like I'm behind on what still needs to be done. Plus my oldest just got a new job. So not even sure if he gets to come. Yes I still plan on going and just not do any roller coasters.

I just noticed the AP discounts for July. I can stay at Yacht Club, Club Level 7/21-7/26 for $2,100.00. I think I’m gonna book it tomorrow. So are they expecting low crowds? I thought July was a busy month.

I just noticed the AP discounts for July. I can stay at Yacht Club, Club Level 7/21-7/26 for $2,100.00. I think I’m gonna book it tomorrow. So are they expecting low crowds? I thought July was a busy month.

They've been throwing discounts out left and right for July. Lots of availability, too.

Guys, just have to share my excitement. I found out that an old friend of mine will be at the July 4th dessert party. We've been online friends for almost 20 years and have never met in person. I cannot believe we will finally be in the same place!!!!

I also listened to the WDW Prep to Go Podcast and Shannon said she will also be there. Her site was the biggest help to me when I planned our first trip back in years. I hope I get to meet her!

So hopefully now I get to meet DISers, old friends, and a favorite blogger. I cannot wait!!!!

...just curious: what park (or maybe not even visiting a park) does everyone plan on visiting for the 4th of July?

I'm flying in the morning of the 4th - should land at 7:31am :faint: I'll be doing Epcot since I absolutely LOVE IllumiNations and it will be my last chance to see it with the tag for the 4th.

Well, today starts the "This time next week" game I love to annoy my kids with. :teeth:
So, this time next week we will be near St Louis, with many hours left to drive before hitting our hotel in Birmingham.
It always sounds sooo depressing, but the end result makes it all forgotten. :smickey:

Good news! I was able to reschedule my appointments so I booked Yacht Club, Club Level 7/21 - 26! I’m surprised at all the FP+ and dining I was able to get. 7DMT had plenty of times as did PPF. Only ones I couldn’t get was SDD and FOP but it’s fine. We have another trip booked Christmas week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter