*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I'm so disconnected from this thread lately. So much on my mind. The hospital that DH works for (he does billing) is closing...therefore it's only a matter of time before his last day. He's just waiting for the word.

As if that's not bad enough, the NJ education system is so screwy right now and my district's budget did not pass on Tuesday. That means they have to make cuts and although I've been there for 4 years, I do not have "tenure" and they told us today that all non-tenured teachers will get "pink-slips." That doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to lose my job, they just have to do that because at this point, they don't know how many cuts they will have to make so they have to cover themselves.

I have just been a mess with everything that's going on and in all my thinking, my disney trip keeps popping up at the end....what if we can't go?!

Sorry to be such a Disney Downer! I'm like that skit on SNL when they are all in Disney and the one woman just talks about all these awful things! (Anyone ever see that one? Funny!)

Anyway, just had to vent....nothing I can do but wait and see....

Yes, it was Debby Downer! I recently saw that skit on You Tube and laughed and laughed!! You know there really are people like that.

As for you, I'm very sorry you guys are going through this uncertain time. It's not pleasant. I was RIF'd once and my DH was given the choice to leave on his own or be fired (yikes! :scared1:). The DH thing was after I had quit my job to be a SAHM and was pregnant with #2 ... that is truly scary to go from 2 incomes to no income and no health insurance.

However, we prayed a lot and trusted that God "never shuts a door without opening a window!" I'd like to say that now DH has the best job ever and we're making more money than before, but he doesn't. However, we are comfortable enough.

Best of luck to you and your husband. Update those resumes, reach out to your contacts and network. Start early -- don't wait for the shoe to drop.

And if for some unfortunate chance you have to change or cancel your Disney trip, just know that it is temporary and you will be back!!:hug:

I'll be there July 1 to July 6 @ BCV

Welcome! I have added you to the list on page 80 - we arrive July 1st too - staying at the CR!

Pardon the interuption..Please wake me up when it's July, thank you. :cool1:

:lmao: I totally agree!!!!

We changed our travel plans a bit (doesn't change the dates though).

We are going to drive down from Northern Virginia to WDW but on the way back we are going to take the Autotrain from Sanford, FL.

For those of you who don't know, the Autotrain is run by Amtrak and goes from Lorton, VA to Sanford, FL and back again. Leaves around 4pm and arrives around 9:30am and allows you to take your vehicle along with you. You get 2 decent meals, a movies, snacks and can choose either various size rooms or coach seats (which are supposed to be similar to first class seats on a plane).

I know that the end of a trip is always a major bummer for me, but this time I will be ok with it! I know my daughters will be so much happier on the train, instead of cooped up in our truck.

Anyone else on here ever take the autotrain?

Have not done it - but that is an awesome plan!! The trip home is just the pits when you are driving. I think that is a great idea!!!

I feel like I'm so disconnected from this thread lately. So much on my mind. The hospital that DH works for (he does billing) is closing...therefore it's only a matter of time before his last day. He's just waiting for the word.

As if that's not bad enough, the NJ education system is so screwy right now and my district's budget did not pass on Tuesday. That means they have to make cuts and although I've been there for 4 years, I do not have "tenure" and they told us today that all non-tenured teachers will get "pink-slips." That doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to lose my job, they just have to do that because at this point, they don't know how many cuts they will have to make so they have to cover themselves.

I have just been a mess with everything that's going on and in all my thinking, my disney trip keeps popping up at the end....what if we can't go?!

Sorry to be such a Disney Downer! I'm like that skit on SNL when they are all in Disney and the one woman just talks about all these awful things! (Anyone ever see that one? Funny!)

I am sorry things did not go well with the vote. Hopefully, they will be able to work something out. When do you think you will know for sure? I can understand why you are feeling down. Hang in there!:hug:

We're counting the days til our first on-site stay July 19-23 CSR!! :cool1::cool1:

Welcome! I have added you to the list on page 80. You will love being on site!!

Sorry to hear it! Hang in there though and hopefully things will work out for the best! :grouphug:

Yes, it was Debby Downer! I recently saw that skit on You Tube and laughed and laughed!! You know there really are people like that.

As for you, I'm very sorry you guys are going through this uncertain time. It's not pleasant. I was RIF'd once and my DH was given the choice to leave on his own or be fired (yikes! :scared1:). The DH thing was after I had quit my job to be a SAHM and was pregnant with #2 ... that is truly scary to go from 2 incomes to no income and no health insurance.

However, we prayed a lot and trusted that God "never shuts a door without opening a window!" I'd like to say that now DH has the best job ever and we're making more money than before, but he doesn't. However, we are comfortable enough.

Best of luck to you and your husband. Update those resumes, reach out to your contacts and network. Start early -- don't wait for the shoe to drop.

And if for some unfortunate chance you have to change or cancel your Disney trip, just know that it is temporary and you will be back!!:hug:

I know, it's just very scary and I went through this once before and it was the most horrible time of my life...trying to find a teaching job in NJ was hard 7 years ago when I got my first job, it was extremely difficult 4 years ago when I finally got his job and, the was education is in NJ right now, it's next to impossible! Believe me, we've seriously considered moving to Florida. This would be the perfect time but education is so messed up there too. :sad2:

I am sorry things did not go well with the vote. Hopefully, they will be able to work something out. When do you think you will know for sure? I can understand why you are feeling down. Hang in there!:hug:

That's the problem, nobody has any clue when we will know for sure. Some people are saying when this has happened in the past, they didn't find out until mid august that they were hired back!

Sorry to hear it! Hang in there though and hopefully things will work out for the best! :grouphug:

Thanks. :hug:

I know, it's just very scary and I went through this once before and it was the most horrible time of my life...trying to find a teaching job in NJ was hard 7 years ago when I got my first job, it was extremely difficult 4 years ago when I finally got his job and, the was education is in NJ right now, it's next to impossible! Believe me, we've seriously considered moving to Florida. This would be the perfect time but education is so messed up there too. :sad2:

Hmm, moving to FL sure sounds interesting! Are you going to look into it more seriously?

I told DH we are moving to FL when he retires! Then I'll try to get some kind of part-time work at Disney -- nothing fancy, just something to keep me occupied and out of the house once he is home all the time! I was a project manager for a major telecom company ... I can't ever imagine going back to that again.

Oh, Nikki that stinks!
I know the "hurry up and wait" part is just as bad as the possible bad news you're waiting on!!!
Hang in there -things will work out - and WDW isn't going anywhere, you have plenty of time for trips if you have to cancel this one.

Our district had to lay off a bunch of teachers this year - I am just fortunate to have a lot of seniority within the district.

Hmm, moving to FL sure sounds interesting! Are you going to look into it more seriously?

I told DH we are moving to FL when he retires! Then I'll try to get some kind of part-time work at Disney -- nothing fancy, just something to keep me occupied and out of the house once he is home all the time! I was a project manager for a major telecom company ... I can't ever imagine going back to that again.

i said the same thing a few weeks ago.

I drive a school bus and could easily transition to driving a disney bus :)

dh is a chef and could work at any of the TS restaurants.

problem is we're Canadian so we wouldn't want to move permanently. wonder if we could work down there Nov through April then come back to Canada.

:hug: sorry you are both in a place of limbo! I will add you to my prayers.

problem is we're Canadian so we wouldn't want to move permanently. wonder if we could work down there Nov through April then come back to Canada.

I would LOVE to drive the Disney buses! That is definitely the job I would go for if I ever moved there...

:hug: sorry you are both in a place of limbo! I will add you to my prayers.

Thank you so much! :hug:

We're canadian too and had hoped to work down there for limited time as well. I even thought of applying to college so I could qualify for the college program.

where i live in edison the budget got voted down and so many teachers are getting fired and janitors security guards from EHS and there probably taking out freshmen sports wich sucks cuz i go to high school next yr lol our schools such edison high school actually failed the past like 2 yrs if we fail test one more time the state takes over

sorry u might lose ur job and yea ive seen that skit debbie downer lol

no i wanna try it so badly tho i love mexican food

Yes, and that place has SUCH a disney feel to it! But be careful if you go on Saturday night. If you go anytime after, like, 5 it's crazy packed!!

We live in Woodbridge Twsp and love that place. We're there every couple of weeks. It really does have a Disney feel, very rustic.

Here is a no or little waiting tip for you at Jose's. The room across from the bar near the restrooms is the patio in the summer. But in the spring and winter it is a closed in and heated room that is first come first serve with full menu access. If its your first time to Jose's I'd say wait for a table in the main room, but if you are a regular, stalk a table in the enclosed patio and have a melon frozen margarita!

We live in Woodbridge Twsp and love that place. We're there every couple of weeks. It really does have a Disney feel, very rustic.

Here is a no or little waiting tip for you at Jose's. The room across from the bar near the restrooms is the patio in the summer. But in the spring and winter it is a closed in and heated room that is first come first serve with full menu access. If its your first time to Jose's I'd say wait for a table in the main room, but if you are a regular, stalk a table in the enclosed patio and have a melon frozen margarita!

Good tip! Yes, we eat out there often. If there is even a 5 minutes wait, we'll just go sit "outside." :thumbsup2

Time is starting to really tick down - it is almost May!

AHHH, May! Checking out tickers; some of you will be seeing those tickers move below 2 months soon! :cool1:

Anybody up for a game to help us pass the time? See if you can post a Disney related site that is new to others. 1 point for each person who posts that it is not one they've visited before.

Here's one to begin: I selected it for its amazing pictures of Disney. Everyone can view shots of her (his) favorite park! http://www.suzieandbob.com/

AHHH, May! Checking out tickers; some of you will be seeing those tickers move below 2 months soon! :cool1:

Anybody up for a game to help us pass the time? See if you can post a Disney related site that is new to others. 1 point for each person who posts that it is not one they've visited before.

Here's one to begin: I selected it for its amazing pictures of Disney. Everyone can view shots of her (his) favorite park! http://www.suzieandbob.com/

OMG, soon we will hit the 2-month mark! :banana:

Our 2-month mark is May 13th. Considering how busy i will be the first 2 weekends in May, time will fly by and before I know it we will be under the 2-month mark! My son's 3rd birthday is this coming Saturday, my niece's is Sunday. DH's birthday is May 6th, family coming over May 7th to celebrate, Mother's Day May 9th. A few days after that will be our 2-month mark and my head will be spinning by then! Kind of like this: :rotfl:

I LOVE this time...the trip is getting close...not so close that I am stressed about getting everything done, but not so far away that it seems like the time is standing still. Ahh...I love it! :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter