OFFICIAL January 2012 5K, Half Marathon, Marathon, Goofy or Dopey Challenge Thread

About to head to LGA to get on a flight to MCO, finally, after 10 months of waiting since registration.

Safe traveling, everyone. Enjoy the heck out of yourselves.

There are three Routes, with the last being the safest, especially if you are running late. Late being on World Dr. at 3:55 a.m. - 4:00 a.m.

2012 Program:
http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwos/pdf/rundisney/wdwmarathon/WDW12Programv2.pdf
Final Instructions:
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/media.../2012-final-race-instructions-MarathonFRI.pdf

If you need it I can make a mapmyrun 3d fly over, or you can do it yourself. You will need the Google Earth Plugin. It will be for the RT 192 route.

:worship: Thank you so much! I appreciate that!!!!

We leave for the airport in about an hour and a half! I can't believe 2 years ago we were at Disney, and I was inspired to start running after watching the marathoners run through HS. Good Luck to everyone this weekend, but more importantly, Have Fun and enjoy the fruits of your training! I hope run into some of you during the races since I'm not able to make any of the official meets. I'll be in my WISH shirt tomorrow for the 5k, and in a WISH bondiband with a WISH backbib for the 1/2 and the full. If you see me, say hi!

Safe travels and good luck to everyone :goodvibes Thank you for all of your help during the training!! This is my first marathon...I am SO nervous and excited and tons of other things right now :rotfl:

I leave tomorrow at 7 am and am staying at POP...hope to see some of you there!! I am doing the full marathon.. I don't have a wish shirt, but I bought a bright green shirt to sort of match the color the best I could...paired with capri running tights and bright blue shorts...hopefully I will have my DIS name on the back of my shirt "Shannon84" so if you see me, please say hi!! It calmed my nerves a lot during the Wine and Dine (my first half) to see other DISers :goodvibes

Anybody else excited to see how quiet this thread is now... it means everyone's either there or packing to leave! Hope everyone has a wonderful race, can't wait to see all the race reports.

I'll be there waiting to do the 2nd leg of the relay, if any other WISHers are around, please say Hi. :) I'm planning to wear my WISH shirt if the weather stays as planned.

Happy racing all!

5k is done! I saw several WISHers on the course, but they were too fast for me, and I didn't want to kill my legs before the half and full to catch up and say hi. I'm super pumped for the next two days!

I'm on my way down now, about 2 hrs to magic. Good Luck Imaginary Friends!

I may have Internet Access if all my new tech junk works??? I'll post if I see any new things at the Expo. ...hopefully get to POP meet-up 4pm ish.

Just popped in to WISH all of you a WONDERFUL, memorable time. Whether 5K, half, full or Goofy, I salute you all! Have fun! Stay safe!

We are at the airport so will be at the World in a few hours! Just wanted to wish everyone luck and say thanks for all the support and advice!

Got here yesterday. Went to expo...very busy. Got corral C. My DS got moved to A for relay. Went to bed at 8:30 last night and made rope drop at MK today. Resting now then back to MK for fireworks.
Good luck to half runners/walkers.

Got here yesterday. Went to expo...very busy. Got corral C. My DS got moved to A for relay. Went to bed at 8:30 last night and made rope drop at MK today. Resting now then back to MK for fireworks.
Good luck to half runners/walkers.

Was there anything left at expo? I went for packet pickup yesterday and left as I wasn't feeling well. Feeling better but now wondering if I should go back and look around.....

Good luck everybody!

DBF took the kids to HS this afternoon so I could get off my feet for a while. I'm going to meet him there in a while for Osborne Lights, then coming back early to get to bed.

I'm really excited for the 1/2 tomorrow. I have everything laid out already. I'm drinking LOTS of water and eating my carbs. Checking restaurant menus for tonights dinner, too. No burgers here!

As excited as I am for the 1/2, I am nervous for the full. My longest run was 20 miles, and I finished it, injured, 9 weeks ago. The injury seems to be fully healed, but I'm nervous about just about every aspect of it.

With the projected warm temperatures, I may try to do more running in the cooler early morning hours, and save the walking for the later, warmer hours. I know I should be saving my energy, but I'm more worried about the heat (coming from Wisconsin).

Well crap! They put me in H and I finished in a good time where I shouldn't be in the last corral. Does anyone know how I can go and change this before the race on Sunday?

Well crap! They put me in H and I finished in a good time where I shouldn't be in the last corral. Does anyone know how I can go and change this before the race on Sunday?

If you go back to the Expo, they have a runner relations booth to correct your corral placement. I thought mine was incorrect for the relay and it was. I moved from C to A,and I declined...thought that might be a bit fast. Instead, I opted for B. have a great race!

Back from my stint at Water Stop 6 for the half. Saw lots of WISHers (who didn't all see me--they were concentrating mightily!)

Congrats to everyone who made it through the race. I hope you are pleased, proud and preening like a peacock (I like alliteration!)

Maura

13.1 down, 26.2 to go. Felt great during the half and I hope that I feel just as great during the full! My massage girl did an awesome job stretching out my back and quads afterward so I am feeling good. Time for some recovery fuel and some nice, slow strolling. Hope everyone else had a great race as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter