Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

...unfortunately, because of Covid restrictions, they aren't allowing guests to roam freely from resort to resort without an ADR or resort reservation...at least, that was as of the beginning of October. Let me clarify one thing: you can go by foot [ie: walk around the lake from BC/YC to BWV or vice versa, but you cannot drive up by car and enter a resort with a resort or restaurant reservation.]
Another option is to take Disney transportation to a resort. The only restrictions are arriving via car or transportation service.

...yes.

....which makes absolutely no sense since you CAN get there on a WDW bus or boat... :confused3
The challenge is that the resorts are set up to accommodate vehicles of guests who are staying at the resort or those who are there for a dining reservation.

Allowing just anyone to park there makes it more challenging for guests who are paying for services at the resort to locate a parking spot. Especially around holiday times when many guests wish to 'resort hop' to view the beautiful decorations. It's easier to offer parking for guests who are staying or dining at a resort by offering other guests the option of arriving via Disney transportation and leaving their vehicles in a location that is designed to accommodate many vehicles.

the challenge is that the resorts are set up to accommodate vehicles of guests who are staying at the resort or those who are there for a dining reservation.

Allowing just anyone to park there makes it more challenging for guests who are paying for services at the resort to locate a parking spot.
...I get that....I'm guessing they are just using 'Covid' as an excuse....I was there in July with my DS [who is a CM] and they wouldn't let us in at neither Gran Destino [we wanted to try to eat lunch at Three Bridges] nor the Poly [tried as a walk-in for 'OHana's]....

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but...

If we're staying at Pop or AoA, does the resort bus drop off at the MK, or does it take us to the TTC, where we have to hop on the monorail?

I feel like there is a bus depot right outside MK to take us to/from resorts without the hassle of the TTC, but not confident of that assumption right now

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but...

If we're staying at Pop or AoA, does the resort bus drop off at the MK, or does it take us to the TTC, where we have to hop on the monorail?

I feel like there is a bus depot right outside MK to take us to/from resorts without the hassle of the TTC, but not confident of that assumption right now
Disney resort buses drop off at the MK bus depot. It’s only the Swan/Dolphin buses that drop off at TTC.

I think I know the answer, but I'm going to ask anyway to confirm?

Do the buses take you from Disney Springs to the parks (trying to catch the fireworks after dinner)? Or do I need to take a bus to a resort, and transfer from there?

What time do the buses from the parks start going to Disney Springs?

Do the buses take you from Disney Springs to the parks (trying to catch the fireworks after dinner)? Or do I need to take a bus to a resort, and transfer from there?

There are never buses that take guests from Disney Springs to the parks. You will need to take a bus to a resort and transfer to a bus/monorail/boat/Skyliner to the parks.

The buses that run directly from the parks to Disney Springs have not been reinstated since everything closed in March 2020. You will need to go to a resort and transfer.

When Epcot is open at 10 am, what times does the monorail start to run to MK?

trying to decide if it’s feasible, as AP holding day guests with MK park reservations that day, to:

1. attempt to buy LL for Remy, then head back to Epcot later in the afternoon

2. park in the Epcot lot & take monorail to MK In the am

not sure what to tell the ticket taker at the Epcot gate though. They‘ve been asking on prior trips if we do have a park reservation.
Hello - any update to this?

We'll be at the GF the morning of our EPCOT day, and wondering if relying on the Monorail from TTC is a good idea given some of the issues I've been hearing about it.

Hello - any update to this?

We'll be at the GF the morning of our EPCOT day, and wondering if relying on the Monorail from TTC is a good idea given some of the issues I've been hearing about it.
I guess it will depend if there is a bus option from the GF to Epcot or only monorail?

Regardless, one form of transportation or another will be available to get you from GF to Epcot in time for ETPE.

If you're going to Epcot, you can take a bus from Disney Springs to the Beach Club, and then it's a short walk to Epcot World Showcase.

If you're going to MK, you can take a bus from Disney Springs to Contemporary or Grand Floridian, and then walk to MK.

Other option is to walk from Disney Springs to Saratoga Springs and then take a bus directly to any park.

Any help would be appreciated on this! We are staying at swan reserve and have a Boma adr at 7:45pm tomorrow night. AK closes at 8pm. How do I get from Boma to Swan Reserve after dinner? I was thinking catch bus to HS then walk to Swan Reserve? HS closes at 9pm so not sure how late buses pick you up at AK to go to a park closing soon? Guessing we will be done with dinner at 8:45pm…. I know I can Uber but curious what my options are, thank you!

Any help would be appreciated on this! We are staying at swan reserve and have a Boma adr at 7:45pm tomorrow night. AK closes at 8pm. How do I get from Boma to Swan Reserve after dinner? I was thinking catch bus to HS then walk to Swan Reserve? HS closes at 9pm so not sure how late buses pick you up at AK to go to a park closing soon? Guessing we will be done with dinner at 8:45pm…. I know I can Uber but curious what my options are, thank you!
I'd be surprised if you'll be finished (without being rushed) if your reservation is at 7:45.

If it were me I would take a bus to DS then a bus to Swan Reserve (if it's an option.) If buses don't run from DS to Swan Reserve the I would take one from DS to Yacht Club and walk to Reserve from there.

I'd be surprised if you'll be finished (without being rushed) if your reservation is at 7:45.

If it were me I would take a bus to DS then a bus to Swan Reserve (if it's an option.) If buses don't run from DS to Swan Reserve the I would take one from DS to Yacht Club and walk to Reserve from there.
So far we’ve been lucky getting in early with our ADR’s the past few days so hoping to keep the streak alive! We rarely take longer then an hour to eat, just 3 of us and since it’s buffet I don’t think more than an hour will be needed, but who knows! Thanks for the advice, kind of forgot about Disney springs. We can also grab the Boardwalk bus too I guess. Thank you!

Need some help!

What's the fastest way to get from Animal Kingdom Lodge to the Yacht Club?

Option 1: Bus from AKL to Animal Kingdom, then bus to Yacht Club?
Option 2: Bus from AKL to Hollywood Studios, then boat to Yacht Club?

Need some help!

What's the fastest way to get from Animal Kingdom Lodge to the Yacht Club?

Option 1: Bus from AKL to Animal Kingdom, then bus to Yacht Club?
Option 2: Bus from AKL to Hollywood Studios, then boat to Yacht Club?
If I were looking for the quickest way, I'd probably taxi or Uber in this situation. Outside of that, I'd bus from AKL to HS and then just walk to Yacht Club - the boat makes a couple stops on the way back. If you do take the boat, I think the first stop back is Swan/Dolphin - get off there and walk the rest of the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!