Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Does anyone know how much approx a taxi would be from CBR to Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores on S Apopka Vineland Road?

Also, is there anywhere else within WDW (eg DTD) that we could get to by Disney Transport , to make a taxi cheaper ?

Please refresh my memory.....how late do the resort buses run, back to the resorts, from DS? Someone asked and I couldn't remember.

It used to be 2:15am. I believe now it's 2am.
It used to be published as 2am, but an extra round of buses left at 2:15 (and even 2:30) if needed. It's still officially 2am; I don't know whether they still run the extra round. Some venues are open until 2am, so it would make sense that buses should be available a bit later.

Anyhow, 2am is a safe answer.

When I was at DTD and had the 3:45am quitting time, I would drive one of the 2:15 buses. I don't ever recall a 2:30 run. When we all left at 2:15 we either went to the resort with guests and then to FIW or to FIW directly.

Can't tell you now if it works the same now but if there are venues open until 2am, I have got to believe that there will be a bus at 2:15am (but I do agree with you that 2am is a safe time to plan on).

It used to be 2:15am. I believe now it's 2am.

It used to be published as 2am, but an extra round of buses left at 2:15 (and even 2:30) if needed. It's still officially 2am; I don't know whether they still run the extra round. Some venues are open until 2am, so it would make sense that buses should be available a bit later.

Anyhow, 2am is a safe answer.
Thanks guys!!!

Hi, Does anybody know what time the buses start running in the morning from Animal Kingdom to MK ? My DH is playing golf and will be dropping us off at AK (As we are staying at Orange lake which is meant to be close) and then we need to get to MK. Ideally would want to get to MK for opening if possible. Or would getting dropped at AKL be a better option ?

AKL may be a better option than AK itself. From AKL, the buses start at 6:30am.

Car traffic into AK is not allowed early in the morning. The parking lot does not open until almost 9am on any day that is not EMH.

Hi, Does anybody know what time the buses start running in the morning from Animal Kingdom to MK ? My DH is playing golf and will be dropping us off at AK (As we are staying at Orange lake which is meant to be close) and then we need to get to MK. Ideally would want to get to MK for opening if possible. Or would getting dropped at AKL be a better option ?
Why can't he drop you off closer to where you want to go?

We have at 12:30 lunch reservation at Whispering Canyon & will be in MK before that. Which is the quickest transportation - boat, resort bus or taxi at the Contemporary? Should we leave MK at 11:30, 11:45 or noon? TIA

We have at 12:30 lunch reservation at Whispering Canyon & will be in MK before that. Which is the quickest transportation - boat, resort bus or taxi at the Contemporary? Should we leave MK at 11:30, 11:45 or noon? TIA

I don't know about quickest, but my personal preference is boat. I would leave no later than 11:30 just to give yourself plenty of wait time.

Hi all! I searched the thread and the most recent answer was from January, so I just want to confirm it's still the case:

We need to get from POR to AKL for an ADR at 1pm. Uber/Taxi isn't an option because we won't have a booster seat for DD5

So--Bus to AK then to AKL. Should I allow an hour? Is that enough time?

Hi all! I searched the thread and the most recent answer was from January, so I just want to confirm it's still the case:

We need to get from POR to AKL for an ADR at 1pm. Uber/Taxi isn't an option because we won't have a booster seat for DD5

So--Bus to AK then to AKL. Should I allow an hour? Is that enough time?

I would allow 90 minutes just to be safe since you have to allow time to wait for a bus from POR to AK and then from AK to AKL, and since you won't be traveling at peak times, the waits might be longer.

I am planning on taking a break at the Poly before heading to an ADR at Epcot at the R&C in the UK. I am thinking that the quickest way to get to the UK from Poly would be to walk to the TTC & then take a bus to the BC & walk into the IG entrance. But I have no experience with taking buses at the TTC to resorts. How often do they run there? Or are there only buses at the TTC to & from the other parks? Would I be better off just taking the monorail from the TTC to Epcot & walking from the front of the park to the UK (if so, can someone give me an estimate of about how much time that would take)?

TIA! :)

I am planning on taking a break at the Poly before heading to an ADR at Epcot at the R&C in the UK. I am thinking that the quickest way to get to the UK from Poly would be to walk to the TTC & then take a bus to the BC & walk into the IG entrance. But I have no experience with taking buses at the TTC to resorts. How often do they run there? Or are there only buses at the TTC to & from the other parks? Would I be better off just taking the monorail from the TTC to Epcot & walking from the front of the park to the UK?

TIA! :)

There are no buses at the TTC except for offsite hotels.

There are no buses at the TTC except for offsite hotels.

Thank you for the quick reply! Guess I'll be taking the monorail & walking from the front of the park. It doesn't make sense to me to take the boat or the monorail from the Poly back to MK just to get a bus to BC.

Last edited:
Thank you for the quick reply! Guess I'll be taking the monorail & walking from the front of the park. It doesn't make sense to me to take the boat or the monorail from the Poly back to MK just to get a bus to BC.
You could catch a bus from the Poly to Hollywood Studios and walk or take the boat from there to the Beach Club.

You could catch a bus from the Poly to Hollywood Studios and walk or take the boat from there to the Beach Club.

Thank you but my destination from the Poly is to the UK in Epcot so I think it'd be better to walk to the TTC & take the monorail to Epcot. :)

Thank you but my destination from the Poly is to the UK in Epcot so I think it'd be better to walk to the TTC & take the monorail to Epcot. :)
In all actuality? It will probably be faster to head to BC. Bag check is faster than from the front of the park...and it will be less of a walk from BC. I would rather take the boat to the MK, then bus to BC, and walk into Epcot via the International Gateway, which drops you just a short walk from the UK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter