Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Magic Kingdom to Hollywood Studios..... What is the fastest/best way using Disney transportation.

I'm thinking walk to the contemporary and get a bus there, or monorail to the TTC and then bus from there... Or is there a bus from the resort bus area? am I missing an option?

Magic Kingdom to Hollywood Studios..... What is the fastest/best way using Disney transportation.

I'm thinking walk to the contemporary and get a bus there, or monorail to the TTC and then bus from there... Or is there a bus from the resort bus area? am I missing an option?

There's a direct bus from MK to DHS.

At MK or do I need to go to TTC to get it?

When I say direct, I mean from the main gates of MK. You used to have to go to the TTC to get a bus to AK or DHS, but a couple years ago they did a remodel of the bus stop at MK so that park to park buses can go right to the main gates. You now only have to go through the TTC to get to Epcot.

When I say direct, I mean from the main gates of MK. You used to have to go to the TTC to get a bus to AK or DHS, but a couple years ago they did a remodel of the bus stop at MK so that park to park buses can go right to the main gates. You now only have to go through the TTC to get to Epcot.

Thank you!

Hi all! How does when get from the Contemporary resort to Epcot in time for rope drop? I've been reading conflicting information on what time the monorail starts running. Is there a bus?

There is a bus.

I can't wait for the monorail to be fixed and become a reliable transportation option.

Reactions: CJK
I have a ADR at the Contemporary resort and I read somewhere that I can park there all day and walk to MK. Is this true? If so, how long of a walk? TIA!

I have a ADR at the Contemporary resort and I read somewhere that I can park there all day and walk to MK. Is this true? If so, how long of a walk? TIA!
If you pay the $25+tip for valet, you can park all day. Self parking is limited to registered guests and those who have reservations at the resort. Self parking is not intended for park access. The guards will likely tell you the limit is 3 hours. The Contemporary is the most strictly enforced parking lot.

If you pay the $25+tip for valet, you can park all day. Self parking is limited to registered guests and those who have reservations at the resort. Self parking is not intended for park access. The guards will likely tell you the limit is 3 hours. The Contemporary is the most strictly enforced parking lot.
Okay. Thanks for the information. We do have a dining reservation, but it sounds like we will have to pay to park for the day. I'm very new to all this, so I appreciate your input!

Okay. Thanks for the information. We do have a dining reservation, but it sounds like we will have to pay to park for the day. I'm very new to all this, so I appreciate your input!
Where are you staying? If you're on-site, you can just drive to the TTC and take the monorail over to the CR. If you're not staying on-site, then you really need to move the car after eating. Only those that are paying to stay at a resort are entitled to parking for park access. It's really not fair to leave your car all day, at the CR for instance, when there are those that are paying very high rates to stay there in order to have direct park access.
If you're staying off-site, then you're going to have to pay to park somewhere in any case. I would just pay to valet, at the CR, and then leave the car there for the day. That's fine to do. It's the self-parking that can become an issue.

Where are you staying? If you're on-site, you can just drive to the TTC and take the monorail over to the CR. If you're not staying on-site, then you really need to move the car after eating. Only those that are paying to stay at a resort are entitled to parking for park access. It's really not fair to leave your car all day, at the CR for instance, when there are those that are paying very high rates to stay there in order to have direct park access.
If you're staying off-site, then you're going to have to pay to park somewhere in any case. I would just pay to valet, at the CR, and then leave the car there for the day. That's fine to do. It's the self-parking that can become an issue.

I completely understand, thanks for your response! I am not one to try and cheat the system. We were planning on paying to valet-just wondering how far the walk is from CR to MK with 2 little ones.

I completely understand, thanks for your response! I am not one to try and cheat the system. We were planning on paying to valet-just wondering how far the walk is from CR to MK with 2 little ones.
Oh, I didn't think you were trying to 'cheat the system'....I just like people to have the 'official' stand on things!
The walk is under 10 mins and is very easy. Just walk out of the CR, go to the right, and walk towards the parking lot. Follow beneath the monorail line. Cross the street, with the pedestrian crossing light!!!! Then, you're basically there.
If you took the monorail to the MK, it would take about 20 mins, not including any wait times.

Oh, I didn't think you were trying to 'cheat the system'....I just like people to have the 'official' stand on things!
The walk is under 10 mins and is very easy. Just walk out of the CR, go to the right, and walk towards the parking lot. Follow beneath the monorail line. Cross the street, with the pedestrian crossing light!!!! Then, you're basically there.
If you took the monorail to the MK, it would take about 20 mins, not including any wait times.
Wonderful, thank you! I'm new to all this:)

Hoping this falls under the jurisdiction of this thread, apologies if not.

We are travelling from the UK with our DS4 for a week at CBR followed by a (non Disney) cruise from Port Canaveral. Our TA has arranged transport by way of minivan from CBR to PC. On reading the documentation that has come it states that we are responsible for providing a suitable child seat for our 4 yr old.

Obviously, it isn't practical to bring a child seat from the UK.

Is it standard practice, or indeed law, in taxis and other private hire vehicles for the passenger to have to provide child seats?

Boardwalk Inn to Disney Springs - I understand there is a bus? It goes both ways? So it's no different than taking the bus to/from the theme parks, right? Sorry, I'm having a brain freeze and the WDW Transportation page is not loading for me.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Boardwalk Inn to Disney Springs - I understand there is a bus? It goes both ways? So it's no different than taking the bus to/from the theme parks, right? Sorry, I'm having a brain freeze and the WDW Transportation page is not loading for me.
Yes, on all points.

Travelling to DS before 11am, the bus will stop at TL on the way. Travelling from DS between 11am & 2pm, the bus will stop at TL on the way to the resorts.

Also, before 2pm, the bus stops at all 5 Epcot resorts, starting at the Swan, and BW being last. If you're returning to the resort before 2, you may want to get off at the Swan and walk across the bridge to BW to save about 7 minutes.

After 2pm, the bus stops at BW first, and then at the Swan & Dolphin.

Last edited:
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Yes, on all points.

Travelling to DS before 11am, the bus will stop at TL on the way. Travelling from DS between 11am & 2pm, the bus will stop at TL on the way to the resorts.

Also, before 2pm, the bus stops at all 5 Epcot resorts, starting at the Swan, and BW being last. If you're returning to the resort before 2, you may want to get off at the Swan and walk across the bridge to BW to save about 7 minutes.

After 2pm, the bus stops at BW first, and then at the Swan & Dolphin.
Please refresh my memory.....how late do the resort buses run, back to the resorts, from DS? Someone asked and I couldn't remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter