**Official Holidays Around The World EPCOT 2017 Thread**

How early are the gingerbread displays put up? I'll have to leave the weekend after Thanksgiving.

I'm so excited for this too!
I'm planning on 2 Epcot days - one for CP dining package, some rides and some storytellers and another day for more storytellers since I doubt we'll hit them all in one day.
On my list: Lion Dancers in China, Storytellers in Norway, Germany, Italy, France and UK. And in USA meet Santa and hear carols.
On our 2nd Epcot day I plan to walk to Beach/Yacht Club because I hear they have great holiday decorations.
When you're doing the Beach and Yacht club walk don't leave out Boardwalk and Swan and Dolphin. We make sure we hit all 5 resorts every year!

Does anyone have a good strategy for hitting highlights?
I'll be traveling with my 5 year old, not sure how many storytellers he'll have patience for.
So maybe one day is enough to just do a few.
Planning on Garden Grill CP dining package late breakfast.
Then starting WS in Norway with Frozen FP and storyteller, Lion Dancers in China, Voices of Liberty and meeting Santa in US, 5:00 CP, then France and/or UK. (which is better??)
I love them both but the UK one is more like the Santa we know in the US. He's probably my favorite Holiday Storyteller and he usually has later show times. Some of the Storytellers stop having shows by 6pm.

My favorite is Julenissen in Norway, and I feel like the tricks he plays would greatly appeal to small children.

What do those ones have?
One has a HUGE Christmas tree with a small train that circles it and sometimes they make it snow. There is usually a piano player there playing music. The other one has a life size chocolate Santa scene that is just as impressive as the gingerbread ones Disney makes. And Boardwalk often changes but we've seen Gingerbread ice cream shop and a collection of themed Christmas trees.

One has a HUGE Christmas tree with a small train that circles it and sometimes they make it snow. There is usually a piano player there playing music. The other one has a life size chocolate Santa scene that is just as impressive as the gingerbread ones Disney makes. And Boardwalk often changes but we've seen Gingerbread ice cream shop and a collection of themed Christmas trees.
The chocolate scene at Swan smells SO amazing. I'm wondering what the Dolphin lobby (the one that usually has the huge tree) will be like this year as there is a complete lobby renovation.

I am hoping the Grand Floridian still does the amazing Ginger Bread House. The last time I went I couldn't believe the details in the decorating of it. Also loved the Giant tree at Wilderness lodge.

Disney does decorating amazingly well! I am really sad the Osbourne Christmas display is gone, but I am also sad that Streets of America is no more,,, Hopefully Toy Story land and Star Wars will bring life back to DHS.

Love reading the different things to see! Thank you for starting this thread.

Thanks for this, we never stop in there but this trip we have a reservation at Shula's for Christmas Eve dinner and will now make it a point to see!!!

This was one of my favorite things we did in 2015. Loved hearing all the different traditions and stories of the other countries.

Some of the CP narrators have been released:

• TBD – November 24 to 26, 2017
  • TBD – November 27 to 28, 2017
  • TBD – November 29 to 30, 2017
  • TBD – December 1 to 3, 2017
  • Pat Sajak – December 4 to 5, 2017
  • TBD – December 6 to 8, 2017
  • TBD – December 9 to 11, 2017
  • TBD – December 12 to 14, 2017
  • Trace Adkins – December 15 to 17, 2017
  • Neil Patrick Harris – December 18 to 21, 2017
  • CCH Pounder – December 22 to 24, 2017
  • Jaci Velasquez – December 25 to 27, 2017
  • TBD – December 28 to 30, 2017
  • Straight from Disney web site.

This will be my first time visiting for Holidays Around the World. Me, my mom, and my daughter will be there the week of Thanksgiving and are staying through the following Tuesday just so I can take my mom to the Candlelight Processional and Holidays Around the world. We are calling this our birthday trip as we all have birthdays in Nov and early Dec. My hubby and son opted out of going, so it's just us girls doing what we want!

ooh, thanks for this. First time we will be there before and after Christmas. Have snack credits to use, so thanks for this thread!

It's so hot right now, looking forward to a warm holiday in Disney. Last year, except for one cool day, and a brief shower, the weather was excellent. Hoping to have that again this year. Last year was Busch parks, this year Disney.

DW and I just reserved a Candlelight Processional lunch/dinner package. I guess that's what you call it. We will be at EPCOT on 12/16 to experience the Holidays Around the World in addition to enjoying the Processional. We are doing lunch at the Rose and Crown then the 'show' at 8:15pm, I think. First time for that for both of us.

2 days at Epcot, as my teen and adult kids like T. Edo, and Biergarden restaurants and enjoy the park. So, dinner at both, with Biergarden for dinner, and CP late breakfast at the Grill with late show on Christmas Day, and Edo the day after. We may hop to Epcot the day after Christmas though. Then end at Epcot. I figure the times showing now will be revised to be longer as we get closer. Still waiting on some more to book. So far, got the times and places we wanted to eat at.

Nah, never too early to be in the Christmas Spirit. As of today, it's less than 180 days away until we leave. :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter