**Official Holidays Around The World EPCOT 2017 Thread**

DisneyMommyMichelle

A Maelstromer From Way Back...
Epcots-Holidays-Around-the-World.jpg

Does a thread like this exist for this year with a watch for the latest information and chatter about what's coming up, personal experience and photos? TIA!!

+Link to Disney's Official Page with information on it:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/holidays-around-the-world/

Looking for a place to countdown until your December trip and see who else is travelling at the same time you are? Join us on the Official December 2017 thread here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-december-2017-thread.3552171/page-29#post-57646699

Last edited:
I looked for one myself but didn't seem to find anything, glad someone decided to start it! Epcot is my fav and adding all the holiday stories and decorations just makes it that much better. Excited to see when the new brochure is available see if anything from last year returns, some of those snack booths are YUMMY

We'll likely be there December 20th. What time do the food booths start? Our plan is to eat/drink around the world in the early afternoon.

They begin on November 24th as far as dates and are up during the hours that the World Showcase is open!

I looked for one myself but didn't seem to find anything, glad someone decided to start it! Epcot is my fav and adding all the holiday stories and decorations just makes it that much better. Excited to see when the new brochure is available see if anything from last year returns, some of those snack booths are YUMMY

EPCOT is our favorite too!! There is just so much to see and do that we can go there every night of our trip, no matter how long and still not see it all!

We are going for the first time at Christmas this year. Just me and my daughter who will be 14 when we go. We have been dreaming of this for years but have always gone in June because it is cheaper. We are going to be there for 14 days and are planning at least three afternoons in world showcase so we can see all of the country's storytellers, hear the liberty singers, and see the Candlelight Processional. We are so excited to finally get to do this. Does anyone know approximately how long each storyteller is?

We are going for the first time at Christmas this year. Just me and my daughter who will be 14 when we go. We have been dreaming of this for years but have always gone in June because it is cheaper. We are going to be there for 14 days and are planning at least three afternoons in world showcase so we can see all of the country's storytellers, hear the liberty singers, and see the Candlelight Processional. We are so excited to finally get to do this. Does anyone know approximately how long each storyteller is?

It's a great time of year to go!!! They range anywhere from 10-15 minutes some may be shorter by a couple minutes but we didn't experience any longer. It's all standing, but it's a lot of fun and you really don't need to be there more than 5 minutes early to get a good spot :)

I'm assuming I'm too early for this experience. Nov 14 - 20 (check out). Wish I could juggle this into my schedule too :(

We are going December 16-23 and we are so excited! This will be our first Christmas visit! Can we do all the storytellers and CP in one day at Epcot or should we do 2 days? Thank you!

We are excited too! I have there in early Nov and just after Christmas but never right before the holidays. We are going Dec. 16 - 21st and can't wait to experience all there is to offer.

I'm so excited for this too!
I'm planning on 2 Epcot days - one for CP dining package, some rides and some storytellers and another day for more storytellers since I doubt we'll hit them all in one day.
On my list: Lion Dancers in China, Storytellers in Norway, Germany, Italy, France and UK. And in USA meet Santa and hear carols.
On our 2nd Epcot day I plan to walk to Beach/Yacht Club because I hear they have great holiday decorations.

I'm so excited for this too!
I'm planning on 2 Epcot days - one for CP dining package, some rides and some storytellers and another day for more storytellers since I doubt we'll hit them all in one day.
On my list: Lion Dancers in China, Storytellers in Norway, Germany, Italy, France and UK. And in USA meet Santa and hear carols.
On our 2nd Epcot day I plan to walk to Beach/Yacht Club because I hear they have great holiday decorations.
Boardwalk has a gingerbread carousel as well.

Cool, thanks for this information!! We are doing the Bon Voyage breakfast on the Boardwalk, so we will have to pop in and check this out!! We love staying at the Contemporary but their Christmas decor never grabs us like the other Deluxe resorts!

We are going December 16-23 and we are so excited! This will be our first Christmas visit! Can we do all the storytellers and CP in one day at Epcot or should we do 2 days? Thank you!
If you really want to see all the storytellers, you need 2 afternoons/evenings. The times are so difficult to manage to schedule them all with walking time, you end up from one end of WS to the other multiple times. (Look at an old times guide to see.) Unless you literally aren't doing anything else in the countries, it is very tough to do in one day. We like to do 2 days and do WS attractions/food/drinks at a more leisurely pace.

Does anyone have a good strategy for hitting highlights?
I'll be traveling with my 5 year old, not sure how many storytellers he'll have patience for.
So maybe one day is enough to just do a few.
Planning on Garden Grill CP dining package late breakfast.
Then starting WS in Norway with Frozen FP and storyteller, Lion Dancers in China, Voices of Liberty and meeting Santa in US, 5:00 CP, then France and/or UK. (which is better??)

Cool, thanks for this information!! We are doing the Bon Voyage breakfast on the Boardwalk, so we will have to pop in and check this out!! We love staying at the Contemporary but their Christmas decor never grabs us like the other Deluxe resorts!

The Beach Club is the one that has the carousel. The boardwalk 2 years ago had a gingerbread shop but last year they just did a small gingerbread house display.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter