HHN 27 Thread

CAS239

Disney Vet Squad ∞
First house announced was today, March 29th, and will be returning for a second year. American Horror Story (Seasons: Asylum, Coven, Roanoke)

IMG_0401.jpg

HHN27_AHS.jpg

AMERICAN HORROR STORY RETURNS TO HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 27
The next chapter unfolds.

By: Michael Aiello

You’ve been patiently waiting for the first house reveal of Halloween Horror Nights 27, and this one won’t disappoint. I’m excited to announce we’re bringing back FX’s American Horror Story for a second year.

This all-new house will feature brand new content from Season 2: Asylum, Season 3: Coven and Season 6: Roanoke. And to really blow it out, we’re using our largest floor plan—aka our uber-maze—to bring to life the three incredibly detailed seasons.

American Horror Story has some of the most intricate and intimidating characters I’ve ever seen. We’ve worked hard to once again bring this unique anthology to life, recreating the series with every turn of this maze.

In Asylum, travel through the decades of the notorious Briarcliff – evade Dr. Arden’s grotesque human “Rasper"experiments and come face to “face” with the serial killer, Bloody Face.

New Orleans aesthetics will surround, as you’re drawn into the wrath of descendants of the Salem witches and their unquenchable thirst for power in Coven.

And finally, relive the horrific story of the Millers in Roanoke – where you’ll be at the mercy of Piggy, the grisly Polk family and the ghosts of the blood moon.

With the help of series creator Ryan Murphy and 20th Century Fox, we’ve perfectly captured the environments, moments and scares American Horror Story entails.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 is going to be incredible and over the next several months you’re going to be hearing from three talented (and equally twisted) members of my Creative Development Team, Show Directors Patrick Braillard, Charles Gray, and Blake Braswell. They will be announcing everything from houses to scare zones to show slates.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 is shaping up to be one for the books, so stay tuned for more.

It’s never too early to start panicking. Make sure to grab your tickets now, and I’ll see you there!

Last edited:
Ahhh I'm so excited! These were some of my favorite seasons and the AHS house was my favorite last year. I was hoping they'd bring it back. :cheer2:

I figured they'd do AHS again and include the other 3 seasons. Wonder what they'll do next year? Just one season (the most recent)? Or a "greatest hits" of the previous 2 houses?

Due to work requirements, I am limited to flying into Orlando on a Friday and flying back home on a Tuesday. The only weekends I can do this are 10/6-10/10 or 10/27-10/31. Looking back at last year's thread, it appears that the last weekend of October might be the best choice to avoid the Columbus Day holiday and because the last weekend has an extra night of HHN (10/30). Do you think that is correct?

How much do you think I can realistically expect to see in one night with an EP and being in a holding area before opening?

What about splitting over two nights - would we need an express pass for both nights or just one?

I am trying to figure out if we need to go with an RIP tour to see all houses and scare zones or if there may be a less expensive way to see it all. We would most likely skip the shows and rides.

Thanks!

Due to work requirements, I am limited to flying into Orlando on a Friday and flying back home on a Tuesday. The only weekends I can do this are 10/6-10/10 or 10/27-10/31. Looking back at last year's thread, it appears that the last weekend of October might be the best choice to avoid the Columbus Day holiday and because the last weekend has an extra night of HHN (10/30). Do you think that is correct?

How much do you think I can realistically expect to see in one night with an EP and being in a holding area before opening?

What about splitting over two nights - would we need an express pass for both nights or just one?

I am trying to figure out if we need to go with an RIP tour to see all houses and scare zones or if there may be a less expensive way to see it all. We would most likely skip the shows and rides.

Thanks!

I would go the 10/27-10/31 weekend. Last year I went on Oct 30th which was a Sunday and it wasn't too bad. It seems like 10/30 and 10/31 for HHN aren't too bad crowd wise. I mean HHN is always busy, but it's manageable.

With an express pass and being in a holding area beforehand, you should be able to see everything easily. We usually go for 1 or 2 nights just regular tickets and enter through the main gate when HHN starts, and we can usually hit everything in 1 night. We don't do any rides. We only hit the shows and the houses.

Splitting two nights..You could and it would be a little more relaxing, but that would be up to you if you wanted to spend the extra money on the EP. We've never done the express pass but if I was only going for one night, I would definitely consider it depending on the price. If going two nights, I personally wouldn't get an express pass at all

I also have never done an RIP tour just because of how much they charge, but if you only want to go for one night and for sure want to hit everything, then roll with the RIP tour.

My personal opinion, if you have the budget and time for two days...I would go the first night with an EP and hit everything, then go back a second night with no EP and just hit any houses you'd want to go back through and check out the shows if you want to see those

i have been thinking about one or two nights as well. I have no idea on how much the EP costs so it may be cheaper to go two nights. First Night will be Sunday 24th September so not sure if I can get all the houses done. we are flying out the next Saturday so the only other date we could go on is the Friday 29th. Unfortually I had no idea about multiple day tickets so I have already purchased a ticket already, so not sure if I can change it over for a multiple day ticket. If anyone know that would be helpful. Last trip to HHN was in 2003, and what I have seen it has changed heaps since then. so much looking forward to it.

Also debating the one or two night debate, with one night with express pass. Plus, the second night for us would be a Saturday (which are known to be more crowded), which is giving me pause too. Just never having been to HHN, all the research I imagine still cannot prepare you for the exact experience :)

If we decide not to purchase tickets for the second night, and then change our minds after experiencing HHN on Friday night, would tickets likely be available at the gate/wherever for purchase on Saturday (or should we definitely pre-purchase tickets for both nights)? This would be for the weekend of 9/23-9/24 if that helps.

In the past we have been able to get everything done in one night with an EP (and it was a Saturday). But I'm still thinking of doing one night with EP and one night without. I never feel like one night is enough!

I always pre-purchase tickets, but you could buy them there still as long as the night doesn't sell out.

Also debating the one or two night debate, with one night with express pass. Plus, the second night for us would be a Saturday (which are known to be more crowded), which is giving me pause too. Just never having been to HHN, all the research I imagine still cannot prepare you for the exact experience :)

If we decide not to purchase tickets for the second night, and then change our minds after experiencing HHN on Friday night, would tickets likely be available at the gate/wherever for purchase on Saturday (or should we definitely pre-purchase tickets for both nights)? This would be for the weekend of 9/23-9/24 if that helps.

You should be fine deciding when you're up there if you want to go for the following day. Majority of the days don't sell out

We've gone I believe the past 6-7 years and usually every year we wind up just buying our tickets at Publix the day of or the day before.

Is it crazy without express passes? We won't have them but getting through all the house is not a goal. (I'll have to skip some since I can't do strobe lights or vomit smells). I've never been before and want to see what it's all about. We can go multiple days so that's another reason we don't have to stress about all the houses. We aren't really patient line waiters though so hoping to time it well.

Is it crazy without express passes? We won't have them but getting through all the house is not a goal. (I'll have to skip some since I can't do strobe lights or vomit smells). I've never been before and want to see what it's all about. We can go multiple days so that's another reason we don't have to stress about all the houses. We aren't really patient line waiters though so hoping to time it well.

Well couple different things

-It can be crazy without an express pass. That said, we've gone the last 7 years and have never used the express pass
-You'll have to inquire if any have strobe lights to avoid that, and there's no vomit smells anywhere. But if not getting to every house isn't a goal, then there's really no point in the express pass imo.
-You're going multiple days, so another reason to not need an express pass. We do 2 nights and make sure to hit every house and show, and maybe go through 1-2 houses again that we liked the best
-On the other hand, you guys aren't patient line waiters....that would be an issue. If you don't want to wait in lines then you'll absolutely need an express pass. There's no timing it well after the first 30-45 min of HHN starting. It's not at all uncommon for the popular houses to have 60+ min waits all night. I enjoy all the houses at HHN, but it's usually the ones that "suck" or are unpopular that ever drop below 30 mins.

So if waiting in line is your biggest thing, I'd go ahead and get the express pass at least for one night. If you know ahead of time that there will be some decent waits and won't mind it, then don't do the express pass. In your situation the only reason I'd recommend the EP is to simply cut your line waits down...everything else you said screams just regular ticket

Just looking for some opinions... we're going to be at Universal 10/17-10/21.. our original plan was to get the Frequent Fear pass and go to HHN Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Now I'm debating if we should use that money just to get an express pass and get everything done in one night. Is that even possible with the express pass? We went last year for one night, no express pass and got everything done except two houses (which we weren't really interested in anyway) but it was a Thursday at the end of September so I'm not sure how much heAbier the crowds will be in mid-October.

I did one night on a saturday with a fast pass and did ever house, both shows, AND most of the rides.
The only ride we wanted to do we didnt get done was Escape from Gringotts. If we REALLLY wanted to rush we COULD have done it, but we stopped and ate some chicken wings etc.

Just looking for some opinions... we're going to be at Universal 10/17-10/21.. our original plan was to get the Frequent Fear pass and go to HHN Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Now I'm debating if we should use that money just to get an express pass and get everything done in one night. Is that even possible with the express pass? We went last year for one night, no express pass and got everything done except two houses (which we weren't really interested in anyway) but it was a Thursday at the end of September so I'm not sure how much heAbier the crowds will be in mid-October.

If you get to the park even slightly before opening, don't ride any rides..then you can do every house and see the shows in one night.

If you get to the park even slightly before opening, don't ride any rides..then you can do every house and see the shows in one night.
That's with the express pass? I'm not too worried about the rides as we will be there for 5 days.

That's with the express pass? I'm not too worried about the rides as we will be there for 5 days.

No, just regular ticket. We only do a regular ticket, don't do any rides, and always see every house and show (even though Bill and Ted has been lame about the past 2 years). If you head house to house you can see it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter