**Official Frozen Sing-Along, Oaken's, Holiday Premium Package Tips, updated 1/5/15

It will just be dependent upon what Management decides... everything continues to be tweaked and it may depend on crowd-level, weekday versus weekend, etc.

If it is for specific shows with tickets given out in the order of the shows, then there would be tickets available for later shows.

If it is for a show of your choice, it is difficult to say if later showtimes will be available. Most guests choose headliner rides early in the day and then fit in shows as their day winds down. But, I'm sure families with Frozen fans are choosing earlier shows and then possibly returning for a later show. Sorry, not much help!

Do all members of your party have to be present in order to get tix to the sing-a-long if you are NOT doing the package? Do you think we would be able to do RnRC and ToT standby and then still get tickets for an afternoon show?

Do all members of your party have to be present in order to get tix to the sing-a-long if you are NOT doing the package? Do you think we would be able to do RnRC and ToT standby and then still get tickets for an afternoon show?

Some people have reported back yes, but most reported back no. Probably depends one management and crowd levels for the day.

I was able to get tix (by myself) for our party of 4, each time that I asked---
( for any showtime) :)

So if I show up for tix at park open or shortly after I don't have to get tix to the 1st showtime, you can pick? Asking because 1st showtime probably won't work for us.

So if I show up for tix at park open or shortly after I don't have to get tix to the 1st showtime, you can pick? Asking because 1st showtime probably won't work for us.

Yep---- if you cant make the 12:30 (we couldnt because of a "MM" lunch
ADR), you just ask for tickets for the next show, and should not be a problem-
If you have a problem , there are usually mgrs in the vicinity (at least there were the other day), approach them, and let them know your situation-

:thumbsup2

So how are the crowds and wait times there for everything? When they first announced it I imagined it being a zoo. But I haven't seen any real reports or gripes on the boards (like when Starbucks came in lol).

Just as an FYI for anyone planning on buying premium packages for Labor Day weekend, when I called yesterday I could not get tickets for Sunday the 31st. Not sure if it's because I have 5 in my party or if it's because it's completely sold, but if the former, that means there are likely very few tickets left. But we were able to get them for the 30th. The CM also wasn't sure if the entry time for the dessert party would be moved up 1/2 an hour to accommodate the earlier firework time -- she said she thought it probably would be, but her script was not based on the date.

I'm also going to HS on Arrival day only and will get there at 4, anyone try for the singalong that late in the day and get the 6 or 7 show?

So how are the crowds and wait times there for everything? When they first announced it I imagined it being a zoo. But I haven't seen any real reports or gripes on the boards (like when Starbucks came in lol).

It's summer, so the crowds are there. But it hasn't been too bad, imho. There are a lot of tour groups, but they don't seem to be there for the Frozen Summer Fun.

The first day lines were long. Sunday we found the lines at the Summer Fun Playland to be much shorter. Though we went directly after the parade without staying for the welcome.

Just as an FYI for anyone planning on buying premium packages for Labor Day weekend, when I called yesterday I could not get tickets for Sunday the 31st. Not sure if it's because I have 5 in my party or if it's because it's completely sold, but if the former, that means there are likely very few tickets left. But we were able to get them for the 30th. The CM also wasn't sure if the entry time for the dessert party would be moved up 1/2 an hour to accommodate the earlier firework time -- she said she thought it probably would be, but her script was not based on the date.

Thanks for the heads up. You can always keep trying to switch. You never know, maybe another family will cancel and you could fill their spot?

I'm also going to HS on Arrival day only and will get there at 4, anyone try for the singalong that late in the day and get the 6 or 7 show?

Photo_Chick reported getting 6pm tickets around 4pm.

When I got mine you didn't have a choice of showtime. But others have reported you do. I think a lot of it comes down to what method they find works best at any given time.

Corey127 said:

I got my 6PM show tix around 4PM on the 5th. There were also no lines when we got the tickets (the show queue was a different story). However many people have reported long lines to get tickets earlier that day (they were certainly set up for long lines) as well as being able to choose showtimes. But that was not how it was when I got mine so it just shows how things can change just through the course of one day.

When I got mine you didn't have a choice of showtime. But others have reported you do. I think a lot of it comes down to what method they find works best at any given time. I got my 6PM show tix around 4PM on the 5th. There were also no lines when we got the tickets (the show queue was a different story). However many people have reported long lines to get tickets earlier that day (they were certainly set up for long lines) as well as being able to choose showtimes. But that was not how it was when I got mine so it just shows how things can change just through the course of one day.

Thanks! We will arrive around 3:45-4 and will head right there to try for tickets. My DD is 2, and would love the singalong but won't know if she misses out on it.

First off thanks so much to lovethattink for starting this thread and keeping the first post so organized and informative and to all the people reporting on their experiences. I have been reading all the WDW sites like crazy, planning for my first ever WDW trip and this thread has the best compilation of info anywhere on the internet.

Because of all of you i have decided to splurge and get the premium package for my first park day on Aug 26. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday (a little early, but I'm a music teacher and have to be back at work before my real birthday and I figure what's a few weeks when we are looking at half a century) so I figured I'd splurge.

I have a question, (maybe slightly off topic, but you all seem so nice and so knowledgable I figured I'd ask here first). I am planning on going to the second Fantasmic show after the dessert party and fireworks. Since I am not planning on riding either Toy Story or the Rocking Rolling Coaster that day (at DLR Toy Story was the only ride that made me actually sick to my stomach and I don't want to attempt the coaster on a day when I am having lots of sugary treats and an adult beverage or two) I have used a FP for Fantasmic, though I have read I don't need it for the second show I figured I'd hedge my bets there rather than use it for Beauty and the Beast since I read I didn't need it for that either.

Is there a different entrance for Fantasmic FP+? and if so where is it? I have searched this site as well as several others and haven't found info about the entrance. If there is a different entrance, which entrance, FP or standby would be easier to get to from the reserved fireworks area?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

First off thanks so much to lovethattink for starting this thread and keeping the first post so organized and informative and to all the people reporting on their experiences. I have been reading all the WDW sites like crazy, planning for my first ever WDW trip and this thread has the best compilation of info anywhere on the internet.

Because of all of you i have decided to splurge and get the premium package for my first park day on Aug 26. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday (a little early, but I'm a music teacher and have to be back at work before my real birthday and I figure what's a few weeks when we are looking at half a century) so I figured I'd splurge.

I have a question, (maybe slightly off topic, but you all seem so nice and so knowledgable I figured I'd ask here first). I am planning on going to the second Fantasmic show after the dessert party and fireworks. Since I am not planning on riding either Toy Story or the Rocking Rolling Coaster that day (at DLR Toy Story was the only ride that made me actually sick to my stomach and I don't want to attempt the coaster on a day when I am having lots of sugary treats and an adult beverage or two) I have used a FP for Fantasmic, though I have read I don't need it for the second show I figured I'd hedge my bets there rather than use it for Beauty and the Beast since I read I didn't need it for that either.

Is there a different entrance for Fantasmic FP+? and if so where is it? I have searched this site as well as several others and haven't found info about the entrance. If there is a different entrance, which entrance, FP or standby would be easier to get to from the reserved fireworks area?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

Hi! Happy Early Birthday! Yes, it is right across from Rock n Roller Coaster... you cannot miss it. I was able to get a FP+ later in the day in May for the second Fantasmic... it worked great! They let you in about 30 minutes before. I went during SWW so it was wayyy more crowded. We started to line up before the first Fantasmic was over. They seat you in the Mickey section. You don't need one for Beauty and the Beast, they have many showing throughout the day.. I get there half an hour early and get fourth row.

First off thanks so much to lovethattink for starting this thread and keeping the first post so organized and informative and to all the people reporting on their experiences. I have been reading all the WDW sites like crazy, planning for my first ever WDW trip and this thread has the best compilation of info anywhere on the internet. Because of all of you i have decided to splurge and get the premium package for my first park day on Aug 26. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday (a little early, but I'm a music teacher and have to be back at work before my real birthday and I figure what's a few weeks when we are looking at half a century) so I figured I'd splurge. I have a question, (maybe slightly off topic, but you all seem so nice and so knowledgable I figured I'd ask here first). I am planning on going to the second Fantasmic show after the dessert party and fireworks. Since I am not planning on riding either Toy Story or the Rocking Rolling Coaster that day (at DLR Toy Story was the only ride that made me actually sick to my stomach and I don't want to attempt the coaster on a day when I am having lots of sugary treats and an adult beverage or two) I have used a FP for Fantasmic, though I have read I don't need it for the second show I figured I'd hedge my bets there rather than use it for Beauty and the Beast since I read I didn't need it for that either. Is there a different entrance for Fantasmic FP+? and if so where is it? I have searched this site as well as several others and haven't found info about the entrance. If there is a different entrance, which entrance, FP or standby would be easier to get to from the reserved fireworks area? aTdHvAaNnKcSe

FP and Standby guests enter at the regular entrance. FP stays on the left-side of the walkway to the amphitheater and Standby stays on the right. All FP guests sit on the left side of the amphitheater and Standby on the right. Have a great time!

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

I'm glad the thread was able to help you plan. I hope you have a great day celebrating your birthday at FSF and that you enjoy the premium package as much as we did.

So, I've seen both this

Rock Your Summer Side Dance Party - through August 22, 2014

Disney's Hollywood Studios

6:00-10:00pm

All summer long, The Hollywood Rockers band will lead the show on the Sorcerer's Hat Icon Stage. The band will play songs all night long, with a DJ spinning in between sets. Mickey Mouse and his friends will be dressed for summer and ready to join the dance party. A giant postcard backdrop will be the perfect place to take photos with friends and family to remember the occasion.

and this

“Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party (5:30-9:00pm, July 5-Aug 16) – A dance party takes over the area around the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, with a DJ, live band, and more! The band plays a variety of classic and contemporary summer rock & roll hits, as well as a cool, rocking medley of “Frozen” favorites. It’s going to be hot!

Which is actually happening?

So, I've seen both this

All summer long, The Hollywood Rockers band will lead the show on the Sorcerer's Hat Icon Stage. The band will play songs all night long, with a DJ spinning in between sets. Mickey Mouse and his friends will be dressed for summer and ready to join the dance party. A giant postcard backdrop will be the perfect place to take photos with friends and family to remember the occasion.

and this

“Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party (5:30-9:00pm, July 5-Aug 16) – A dance party takes over the area around the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, with a DJ, live band, and more! The band plays a variety of classic and contemporary summer rock & roll hits, as well as a cool, rocking medley of “Frozen” favorites. It’s going to be hot!

I think it's basically the same with the band renamed...the Mulch Sweat and Shears were doing the Hollywood Rocker thing a couple of weeks ago and now they are named the Icemen (or similar). I believe the original intent of the summer was the one dance party but it got rethemed into the Frozen event. I have been there for both styles and except for the Frozen influx its music and characters and chatter from the stage. Lots of fun.

Liz

So, I've seen both this

and this

The Rock Your Summer Side Dance Party was short lived. We were there the first night, and very few people were dancing. I'm still kicking myself for not taking a picture in front of the giant postcard which is now gone.

Much different story now. The Coolest Summer Ever dance party is rocking and there's plenty of people.

The music alternates between a live band and a DJ.

I think it's basically the same with the band renamed...the Mulch Sweat and Shears were doing the Hollywood Rocker thing a couple of weeks ago and now they are named the Icemen (or similar). I believe the original intent of the summer was the one dance party but it got rethemed into the Frozen event. I have been there for both styles and except for the Frozen influx its music and characters and chatter from the stage. Lots of fun.

Liz

Yes. Oh, and Mickey and Minnie still appear in their swim attire.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter