**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

Did my FP+.
Got everything but of course 7DMT has to be difficult and not have a FP+ until 12:15pm when I'd like it for about 10:30am just prior to my BOG ADR at 11:15am.
Oh well I'll try to modify in a little while.
Maybe within a couple hours other people will have rearranged their schedules and something will open up.

Good news I was able to modify 7DMT to 10:25am and then modified BTMRR and Splash MOuntain to earlier times then I had before and now I can look for a 4th starting at 1:15pm.
I do enjoy playing the FP+ game to get the times I want lol.

I need advice..

We arrive Feb 3rd (Saturday). We have a 5pm Ohana ADR and we're planning on making it a early night to get to EMH morning at Hollywood Studios on the 4th. However park hours for MK were just extended to midnight on the 3rd. I'm debating whether I should add another day on our ticket and even just do our 3 fast passes and go that night. I think it would be really special to start our trip there and go see Mickey our first night. But then it messes up our early morning start for Sunday. Ugh.. Just when you think you have a reasonable plan, Disney throws you a wrench lol what would you all do? Touring plans is predicting it an 8/10 day.

I need advice..

We arrive Feb 3rd (Saturday). We have a 5pm Ohana ADR and we're planning on making it a early night to get to EMH morning at Hollywood Studios on the 4th. However park hours for MK were just extended to midnight on the 3rd. I'm debating whether I should add another day on our ticket and even just do our 3 fast passes and go that night. I think it would be really special to start our trip there and go see Mickey our first night. But then it messes up our early morning start for Sunday. Ugh.. Just when you think you have a reasonable plan, Disney throws you a wrench lol what would you all do? Touring plans is predicting it an 8/10 day.

How many people are going with you? Kids? Depending on how long the traveling there takes, you might really be glad to just have a quiet settling in evening, 'Ohana and some looking around the resort, then up and at 'em in the morning! I get that draw of starting at MK, but if it's me, I'll probably never go to MK on a Saturday on purpose, at least not w/ my whole family.:faint: That said, sleep at WDW is overrated LOL!!

I need advice..

This is completely anecdotal and only my experience, so take it for what it's worth.

My first WDW trip was in early December 1999 with my sister. It was a great trip with low crowds - until we decided to go to MK on Saturday evening. It was crazy crowded! I know it wasn't as bad as Christmas week or something, but to me it was uncomfortably packed. We hopped to Epcot, which was lovely and relaxing, and I swore I would never ever ever again go to MK on a Saturday.

But that's just my feeling.

This is completely anecdotal and only my experience, so take it for what it's worth.

My first WDW trip was in early December 1999 with my sister. It was a great trip with low crowds - until we decided to go to MK on Saturday evening. It was crazy crowded! I know it wasn't as bad as Christmas week or something, but to me it was uncomfortably packed. We hopped to Epcot, which was lovely and relaxing, and I swore I would never ever ever again go to MK on a Saturday.

But that's just my feeling.

Thanks guys! I actually decided to just bite the bullet and do it! Expectations are low. We made fast passes for talking Mickey, Buzz Lightyear and Tomorrowland speedway. And we can hopefully still get back to the resort at a decent hour.

My oldest is 9 and my little one is turning 3 just after our trip. It is our second trip but little one was only 14 months so this feels like more of a first trip for her as she is more of a participant this time. If it's really terrible, we wasted $60. But my hope is it will be an amazing kickoff to our trip!

How many people are going with you? Kids? Depending on how long the traveling there takes, you might really be glad to just have a quiet settling in evening, 'Ohana and some looking around the resort, then up and at 'em in the morning! I get that draw of starting at MK, but if it's me, I'll probably never go to MK on a Saturday on purpose, at least not w/ my whole family.:faint: That said, sleep at WDW is overrated LOL!!

Also we have a relatively easy travel day. We leave at 10:30 am from an airport 15 min from home and arrive in Orlando at 1:15. Plan is to swim when we arrive, weather permitting, until time for dinner.

Also we have a relatively easy travel day. We leave at 10:30 am from an airport 15 min from home and arrive in Orlando at 1:15. Plan is to swim when we arrive, weather permitting, until time for dinner.
This makes ALLL the difference! For us, we have to travel super early (live close to an airport though) and then it's a long day, because we live in Fargo, ND. Also, we have 5 kids :rolleyes1:rotfl: so a little intense travel day most of the time LOL!

Thanks guys! I actually decided to just bite the bullet and do it! Expectations are low. We made fast passes for talking Mickey, Buzz Lightyear and Tomorrowland speedway. And we can hopefully still get back to the resort at a decent hour.

My oldest is 9 and my little one is turning 3 just after our trip. It is our second trip but little one was only 14 months so this feels like more of a first trip for her as she is more of a participant this time. If it's really terrible, we wasted $60. But my hope is it will be an amazing kickoff to our trip!

FWIW, I think since you were able to get FP+ that sound perfect for your crew it's TOTALLY worth the memories. If it's packed, you can still go do those 3 things and it's not wasted ;) Have an amazing time

What's everyone planning to wear for the weather?
I think my plan is black velour leggings, a t-shirt, and one of three jacket options depending on the day. (very lightweight zip up hoodie from Walmart, mid weight zip up hoodie from Disney, or my North Face Oso zip up hooded coat).
I figure even if temps run high the high fro the day generally doesn't hit until mid afternoon and then will likely drop as soon as the sun starts to go down so the leggings shouldn't be too hot.

What's everyone planning to wear for the weather?
I think my plan is black velour leggings, a t-shirt, and one of three jacket options depending on the day. (very lightweight zip up hoodie from Walmart, mid weight zip up hoodie from Disney, or my North Face Oso zip up hooded coat).
I figure even if temps run high the high fro the day generally doesn't hit until mid afternoon and then will likely drop as soon as the sun starts to go down so the leggings shouldn't be too hot.
I'm bringing it all. Jeans, shorts, jackets, sweatshirts, tank tops, swim suits, gloves. We went 2 years ago in mid January, and all days but one I wore jeans and a t-shirt with a jacket for mornings and when the sun went down. The last day it was warm enough (for this midwesterner) to wear shorts. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a few more shorts days in this trip.

FASTPASS DAY IS TOMORROW!!

Also I finally ran some numbers and ended up moving us to ASMu. Sigh. To my BF's point, we never spend any time at the resort because we want to make the most of the parks, so Values have always worked out for us in the past. NEXT TIME, THOUGH.

I was pretty bummed when my FP window opened and there were no FoP for any of my days. But I kept looking and to my amazement I was able to obtain a FoP FP for the two different days I wanted them for! Totally shocked as I kept looking and looking when low and behold one popped up last night around 10pm MST. WOO HOO!

Now trying to decide if I want to try and make a solo reservation at V&A. I have eaten there once and would love to again, but so so expensive. Decisions decisions. :ssst:

Still here. Post editing is not working for some reason. Will check on my laptop when I find some downtime :)

well I'm absurdly sick but I woke up at 7 and got my FPs lined up and got one FOP (was trying for two, oh well, c'est la vie) and I'm not super happy with my last day but I can fix it later. (I wanted HS FPs in the morning but there weren't any available before noon? there must be a special event or something. so we might redo the last day entirely.) I switched AK and HS days without checking with the BF, but hey that's what happens when you don't wake up at 7 with me lol.

2/24 - 3/4 ASMo Early birthday for my daughter (5 yo)

February Roll Call:smickey:

• 1/27-2/2 | AKV | Frankie Vivian - 15th Anniversary
  • 1/27-2/3 | AoA | amberama76 - 42nd Birthday
  • 1/27-2/3 | AoA | wehrengrizz
  • 1/28 - 2/2 | BCV/BWV | tinabina919
  • 1/31-2/10 | AoA | zrabbits - Birthdays & 20th Anniversary
  • 2/1-3 | POP | MaizeRage25
  • 2/1-5 | POP | Ferrentinos
  • 2/2-9 | Poly | Beckalecka - 40th Birthday
  • 2/3-8 | AKV | NikolaA
  • 2/3-9 | POR | Madmother
  • 2/3-10 | AKL | Brandilla
  • 2/3-10 | AKL | RedK - Birthday
  • 2/3-10 | AKV | wlogarbo
  • 2/3-10 | Offsite | JEng711
  • 2/4-8 | ASMo | Tall Todd - Split Stay
  • 2/4-9 | BCV | JillianLeigh
  • 2/4-9 | POP | Jenderelly
  • 2/4-9 | WL | Burgermom
  • 2/7-13 | POFQ | CAStevens218
  • 2/8-10 | POR | Tall Todd - Split Stay
  • 2/8-12 | GF | NikolaA
  • 2/8-17 | POFQ | Andrea464 - University Graduation
  • 2/9-14 | Poly | MinnieF
  • 2/8-18 | POR | DisneyBabies
  • 2/10-11 | AKL | MaizeRage25
  • 2/10-13 | BLT | carolann210
  • 2/10-14 | YC | Rach73
  • 2/10-16 | OKW | WhoDatDisney
  • 2/10-17 | Offsite | nancy155
  • 2/10-17 | POP| chicagoshannon
  • 2/10-17 | POFQ | 2manypets
  • 2/10-18 | POP | marij
  • 2/11-16 | Offsite | Stephanie HD - 30th Birthday
  • 2/12-16 | ASMu | Queen of the WDW Scene
  • 2/12-19 | BLT | Frances Procaccio - Daughter's 2nd Birthday
  • 2/13-19 | AoA | wmmoorejr
  • 2/13-21 | Poly | dwsandy
  • 2/14-20 | ASSp | jsavage4 - Gymnastics Meet
  • 2/14-20 | SSV | ToyStory90 - Birthdays!
  • 2/15-20 | Dolphin | ckelly14
  • 2/15-20 | OKW | Julie Cleary
  • 2/18-23 | AKL | Dug720
  • 2/18-24 | GF & BLT | NYMommy80
  • 2/19-22 | Offsite | nicolispicoli
  • 2/19-24 | WL | Cissigys
  • 2/22-28 | POR | xjillianpaige - PHM Weekend
  • 2/22-3/1 | POFQ | Miss Whimsy - PHM Weekend
  • 2/22-3/2 | GF | foodiddiedoo - Birthday & 1st Visit
  • 2/22-3/2 | POFQ | BritneyBelle - PHM Weekend
  • 2/23-26 | POP | absolutmey - PHM Weekend
  • 2/23-26 | POFQ | That Mom
  • 2/23-26 | AoA | Amunet - PHM Weekend
  • 2/23-28 | POP | mindystar - PHM Weekend
  • 2/23-3/3 | BLT | KSellers88 - PHM Weekend
  • 2/24-3/1 | YC | DuffyDisBear - Solo Trip
  • 2/24-3/3 | POR | Bebella - Child's First WDW
  • 2/24-3/4 | ASMo | KTValpo - Child's early 5th birthday
  • 2/25-3/3 | BCV | Wsmagee
  • 2/25-3/4 | AKL | maalca23 - Birthday
  • 2/26-3/1 | BW | QueenTM12 - Anniversary
  • 2/26-3/2 | POR | lisalisam
  • 2/27-3/4 | POP | Haley R
  • 2/27-3/6 | TBD | disneyseniors

Last edited:
Heading down for my 14 yo Daughter's soccer tournament Feb 14-20. Her first time at Disney. We will be staying at All Star Sports

Last edited:
Been a long time viewer of this board and just decided to join. My DW and DD9 and DD6 will be going down again this February/March, 2/26-3/3. We are doing Universal for one day and then 6 days at WDW. I just booked all of our fast passes this morning and we are in full Disney mode getting excited for the trip. I saw some discussion on Fastpass availability and I'm happy to report that I had no trouble getting the attractions that we wanted. FOP on our 2nd day and all the other headliners.

This will be our 5th trip with the 4 of us and 6th overall as a family. We are staying at the Yacht Club this time.

Starting to get super excited, its getting so close! Sitting at 38 days at the moment!! I love going in early February it really gets me over the hump in the winter time:)

That is all...

Oh my gosh! I just looked at my countdown too after I saw you list 38 days. It seems like I just returned from Disney and Christmas was here and see I am at 45 days! I cannot believe how quickly the time is going by. Before we know it we will be at our happy place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter