Official Dopey 2018 Thread

I signed up for Dopey when early registration opened a couple weeks ago. I did it with RunDisney over the phone, and have been furiously checking my email for the Active registration link. Patience is not my strong point. Anyway, this will be my second Dopey, and the "what are you doing?!?!" hasn't hit me yet. Probably will sometime in the next few months.

I didn't get the email and did participate this year (well tried... I was a half runner only and took the gift card) is it okay to use the link if you didn't specifically get the email? I'm a rule follower, but I would love to avoid the stress of registration day!

I didn't get the email and did participate this year (well tried... I was a half runner only and took the gift card) is it okay to use the link if you didn't specifically get the email? I'm a rule follower, but I would love to avoid the stress of registration day!

Yes you can use it. @Keels had an explanation on another thread for why not everyone got the email. I don't remember the specifics but something where the email servers start blocking mass emails like that one.

Said this in another thread, but I am running the half with our local rD group this year, not the Dopey. Maybe in another year, but it just didn't work with the things that the rest of the group wanted to do this weekend.

Funny note - they are starting to call me Forrest Gump in town. I am from Alabama and now have a whole bunch of people running through our streets with me. The group grows and grows, hence the moniker. :upsidedow

Just signed up for Dopey... I've been talking about it for so long that I can't believe I'm fully committed to it now! I'm excited and nervous and I don't know what else... Now I just have to get the final check by the doctor, return to real running soon (I got approved to run on the elliptical), and then I can reach all my running goals!

Do any people from this board get together to run the races together? Just wondering if groups develop around expected race times. Part of the fun of these races for me will be the whole Disney experience and I think it would be much more fun to share it with someone while it is happening. I am trying to get people I know but so far either people can't/won't commit 11 months in advance and others think i am, well, Dopey.

Do any people from this board get together to run the races together? Just wondering if groups develop around expected race times. Part of the fun of these races for me will be the whole Disney experience and I think it would be much more fun to share it with someone while it is happening. I am trying to get people I know but so far either people can't/won't commit 11 months in advance and others think i am, well, Dopey.

@DopeyBadger puts together a spreadsheet with people's corrals and planned running pace. You could use that information to find someone to run with.

Sooo, I just signed up for my first Dopey. As soon as I hit the button my first thought was "what did I just do?!?". :eek:

It's okay - we're all in this together... :hyper2:

My second thought? send the confirmation to my running coach so she realises she is also in for a big year! :rotfl:

That thought usually comes around August or September lol :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter