**Official DLR September 2020 Check In v2**

Akck

Mouseketeer
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Since I don't need to do final deposit payment until Mid August I'm just going to hold out hope.
I’m in a similar position. I don’t want to make the final payment if the trip isn’t going to happen. I’m going to say if there is no scheduled timeline for opening, we’ll have to cancel early next month.
 

AZMermaid

DIS Veteran
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
I’m in a similar position. I don’t want to make the final payment if the trip isn’t going to happen. I’m going to say if there is no scheduled timeline for opening, we’ll have to cancel early next month.
Us too, although we are using our own DVC points. We have until 30 days out to decide. For us, that’s mid August. We could wait it out, but I’m a bit worried about the possibility of the hotel opening before the parks. Originally it was the opposite, but I think it’s still possible.
 

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
Joined
May 1, 2018
We are trying to decide if we should switch to WDW. We've already rescheduled a few times, and with work, it's hard to keep moving dates. Florida makes me nervous, but the county is under a mask order now. I just have a feeling DL won't be open by Sept 6th. Any thoughts?
It’s crossed my mind too. I priced it just to see and the cost would be less for me (if I stick with a value or moderate hotel) since I was planning staying on site at GCH... Plus no higher cost of park hoppers...

Florida freaks me out big time though. The risk is less if you don’t leave the bubble and be extra cautious traveling (we’re gonna wear Kn95s on the plane and airport) but then again it looks like mostly locals will be at WDW right now with a higher probability of being positive? It’s a pickle but believe me, I’ve thought about it too haha.

My mother told me she would tie me to a chair if I try and go to Florida so probably a moot point anyways. 😂

I’m gonna keep holding out for DLR and reevaluate in September. Who knows what cases will look like by then in either state... I worry about WDW closing in response to high cases and being caught there if it happens. I know that’s not likely considering the political decision makers there but still something to consider.
 
  • Ellester

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Nov 5, 2003
    I’m contemplating the same thing. We can drive to FL and there is plenty of availability but I don’t know that I want to do that either.
    We are trying to decide if we should switch to WDW. We've already rescheduled a few times, and with work, it's hard to keep moving dates. Florida makes me nervous, but the county is under a mask order now. I just have a feeling DL won't be open by Sept 6th. Any thoughts?
     

    GenGen22

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Aug 12, 2011
    I’m in a similar position. I don’t want to make the final payment if the trip isn’t going to happen. I’m going to say if there is no scheduled timeline for opening, we’ll have to cancel early next month.
    I also don't want to make my final payment unless I know I'm going for sure. This waiting game sucks! I like planning and knowing whats going on but right now I just have no clue which drives me crazy. :(
     

    GenGen22

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Aug 12, 2011
    We are trying to decide if we should switch to WDW. We've already rescheduled a few times, and with work, it's hard to keep moving dates. Florida makes me nervous, but the county is under a mask order now. I just have a feeling DL won't be open by Sept 6th. Any thoughts?
    I think with the cases being much higher scares me more. Also the thought of having to fly that distance on a plane with a mask on that long for me is too long without getting some fresh air. I live in Northern CA. Also, to pay that amount of money with less perks just doesnt make it worth it for me (no fireworks, parades, or character meet n greets or dining like they usually have). Plus added the humidity, and rain on top of it just makes it more miserable to me. Ill wait for DL to open. I was planning to go in December to WDW too but have decided against it until next year.

    Edited to add.
    I'm also concerned about being put on a quarantine for 2 weeks over there before I can enjoy my trip... or not being able to fly home. Daily these things change and I just don't want to chance it ya know?
     

    emacat

    Polishing up my ears
    Joined
    Apr 3, 2010
    I think with the cases being much higher scares me more. Also the thought of having to fly that distance on a plane with a mask on that long for me is too long without getting some fresh air. I live in Northern CA. Also, to pay that amount of money with less perks just doesnt make it worth it for me (no fireworks, parades, or character meet n greets or dining like they usually have). Plus added the humidity, and rain on top of it just makes it more miserable to me. Ill wait for DL to open. I was planning to go in December to WDW too but have decided against it until next year.

    Edited to add.
    I'm also concerned about being put on a quarantine for 2 weeks over there before I can enjoy my trip... or not being able to fly home. Daily these things change and I just don't want to chance it ya know?
    I appreciate the feedback from everyone!! I agree that the humidity and rain of Florida make it more miserable, which is why I'm never a big WDW fan.
    We decided to book a log cabin in the country downstate here, with kayaks, and all the social distancing in the country good stuff. If DL opens, we would give it a go and cancel within the allowed time. If not, I feel much better not chancing WDW right now.
     
  • theluckyrabbit

    Moderator
    Moderator
    Joined
    Jul 23, 2012
    From the Speculation Superthread today:

    interstate70s said:
    I originally had a back up reservation at the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance in August. I thought I had canceled but I guess I didn't(oops!). Anyway, I received a a cancelation email stating they would be closed until September first today.
    abbeyroad6282 said:
    I noticed Grand Legacy is also not opening until September 1.
     

    MajorasMask

    Earning My Ears
    Joined
    Feb 11, 2017
    I am moving over to the September thread now! WDTC called me yesterday and moved my August reservation to 9/5-9/12 at the GCH. I really wanted November, but couldn't get the same rate. They did, however, discount my vacation package once again (this is my fourth date on the same reservation). Fingers crossed, but I have low expectations at this point and I am just trying to enjoy the planning!!
     

    emacat

    Polishing up my ears
    Joined
    Apr 3, 2010
    I am moving over to the September thread now! WDTC called me yesterday and moved my August reservation to 9/5-9/12 at the GCH. I really wanted November, but couldn't get the same rate. They did, however, discount my vacation package once again (this is my fourth date on the same reservation). Fingers crossed, but I have low expectations at this point and I am just trying to enjoy the planning!!
    I have to admit that I'm surprised they are still taking reservations for those dates. We are the 6-12, and I have to say I've been feeling less and less optimistic. But, maybe this is hopeful. One never knows!
     
  • Ellester

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Nov 5, 2003
    Dropping Out. Canceled our VGC reservations and got most of my points moved. Going to use the rest for a quick trip to the DVC resort on Hilton Head since we can drive and social distance pretty well. Good luck everyone!!!
     

    sgerto

    Living in a small world after all
    Joined
    Aug 24, 2017
    Forgive my ignorance and my missing this info if it's already on here. If the last payment has to be made 30 days out and people on here are saying they have first week of Sept. vacations that haven't been rescheduled/cancelled. And if say this upcoming Friday they are contacted regarding the parks not opening, since full payment on their deposit would have had to been made prior to Friday's call would they be eligible for a full refund?

    Reason I'm asking is my trip is Sept. 14 and I'm REALLY holding onto hope that we can still go but I don't want to throw a big chunk of money at something just to have the trip pulled out and maybe have it refunded or forced to reschedule my trip to a later date.
     

    theluckyrabbit

    Moderator
    Moderator
    Joined
    Jul 23, 2012
    Forgive my ignorance and my missing this info if it's already on here. If the last payment has to be made 30 days out and people on here are saying they have first week of Sept. vacations that haven't been rescheduled/cancelled. And if say this upcoming Friday they are contacted regarding the parks not opening, since full payment on their deposit would have had to been made prior to Friday's call would they be eligible for a full refund?...
    Have you called Disney to ask them your question? Just to see what they say to compare with any answers you get here.
     







    Connect

    Disney News and Updates





    SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.






    Top