***Official DLR November 2021 Check-in Thread***

I’ve started gathering things to pack. How many masks should I pack per day? We plan on using disposable I have a couple different styles of kn95s. Normally for my 9 hour shift at work I get away with one unless it’s hotter out.

I am a chronic over packer so im trying to reason with myself.

During the heat at WDW last spring, I used one a day. I brought double the amount of days I was staying in case I lost my mask and because I am an over packer too :).

I’ve started gathering things to pack. How many masks should I pack per day? We plan on using disposable I have a couple different styles of kn95s. Normally for my 9 hour shift at work I get away with one unless it’s hotter out.

I am a chronic over packer so im trying to reason with myself.
I would say that depends on how often you’re planning on wearing them. They’re only required indoors but are you planning on wearing them outdoors? Last time I was there (in July) they updated the mask policy on our last day (masks hadn’t been required but they changed it so they’re required indoors) and I survived the whole day with a single disposable mask, which I only wore indoors.

I would say that depends on how often you’re planning on wearing them. They’re only required indoors but are you planning on wearing them outdoors? Last time I was there (in July) they updated the mask policy on our last day (masks hadn’t been required but they changed it so they’re required indoors) and I survived the whole day with a single disposable mask, which I only wore indoors.

Ohhh, I thought they were required indoors and outdoors--that is GREAT to know that it is optional outside. Thank you!

I keep checking the entertainment schedule for our trip dates (Nov 12-15) but it seems they aren't updating past November 13. I am waiting for fireworks to be added to the schedule, assuming there will be fireworks. I want to be sure we are in the park if the fireworks are showing while we are there, and that might mean changing our reservations for a day. Ugh...two weeks to go until we leave. Anyone else checking the entertainment schedule multiple times per day??
November is right around the corner!! Yay...:D

Leaving in 5 days… except I’ve just caught a really nasty sore throat. It better go away by Sunday because I spent way too much on that Oogie Boogie Bash ticket on Halloween and 5-day ticket the rest of the week to not be able to go!

Drink Emergen-C!!! I swear by it! Every time I feel a cold coming on I start drinking it every day. I swear it helps. We leave for our trip in about 10 days. I already have the kids drinking it to try to keep everyone healthy!!!

I am excited for you and your family. We are from NY also. We went to DL two years ago for the first time for my daughter and my first time in over 20 years. We will be flying in on the 9th and coming home on the 14th. I would recommend figuring out what you have to do attraction wise and go there first once you get in the park. When we went we would do rope drop and then hit up a couple of rides and go to Red Rose Tavern for the Mickey Pancakes when they open up and then wander around from there and hit up rides based on wait times. Mid afternoon we would head back to the resort and hang out at the poll for a bit or take a nap and then head back over around dinner time. The rest of the dining we did was all quick service or the pool menu at Disneyland Hotel.

Biggest thing that you will find that is different from WDW is that everything is right there and you can walk between the parks if you have park hoppers. Everything feels closer and you won't spend as much time walking from one place to the next which is something I really enjoy.

Where are you flying out of/into? We are flying from Syracuse to Newark on the evening of the 8th and then to LAX on the morning of the 9th so that we can hopefully be at the hotel by 1:30ish.
We're going into LA a few days earlier, then heading down. We can't wait!

I'm sorry to hear about your spouse's cancer labs. I'm a cancer survivor and get tested twice a year, so I know the worry that comes with each one. Cancer survivors have been to hell and back. I wish for healing for your spouse and a wonderful DL vacation for you and your family. I hope it will bring some joy and mental relief at a time when you need it.

Thank you! The waiting period is the worst! We need this break.

I keep checking the entertainment schedule for our trip dates (Nov 12-15) but it seems they aren't updating past November 13. I am waiting for fireworks to be added to the schedule, assuming there will be fireworks. I want to be sure we are in the park if the fireworks are showing while we are there, and that might mean changing our reservations for a day. Ugh...two weeks to go until we leave. Anyone else checking the entertainment schedule multiple times per day??
November is right around the corner!! Yay...:D

Yes, I keep checking too! We are going Nov 7-9th and a couple that's going with us has never seen any Disneyland fireworks so that's on our to do list. Hoping they have some kind of fireworks show..

Yes, I keep checking too! We are going Nov 7-9th and a couple that's going with us has never seen any Disneyland fireworks so that's on our to do list. Hoping they have some kind of fireworks show..
I also keep checking the schedule daily! The DL website clearly says that "Believe in Holiday Magic" starts on 11/12 (select nights). That must certainly include weekends! They also haven't posted times for the castle enchantment, tree lighting, band, or iasw lighting. Hopefully, all of these times will be posted soon!

We are all getting closer :yay::yay:. I think today when I bought my travel insurance and my covid test kits showed up it really hit me that we are going!!! When I first started to plan this trip I never thought it would happen. Just over 2 weeks!!!!

Drink Emergen-C!!! I swear by it! Every time I feel a cold coming on I start drinking it every day. I swear it helps. We leave for our trip in about 10 days. I already have the kids drinking it to try to keep everyone healthy!!!
I've also started on preventive measures to keep all bugs away!

And with the above comments... I hate how they still haven't updated the schedule...maybe tomorrow being that they will be 2 weeks out? Who knows though!

I've also started on preventive measures to keep all bugs away!

And with the above comments... I hate how they still haven't updated the schedule...maybe tomorrow being that they will be 2 weeks out? Who knows though!
Looks like they are starting to add to the schedule. They have the parade listed every day and have added to the park entertainment...At least it is progress!

Looks like they are starting to add to the schedule. They have the parade listed every day and have added to the park entertainment...At least it is progress!
Do you have a link to where you are seeing it?

Here's a link to the entertainment website: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2021-11-12/. The online view is better than the app. You have to click on the day you're looking for and use "day view".

It's now less than two weeks from the start of the holiday season and still no times posted for DL tree lighting, iasw lighting, castle enchantment, or "Believe" fireworks. Curious as to what's going on there. The parade has been posted for about two weeks now.

Here's a link to the entertainment website: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2021-11-12/. The online view is better than the app. You have to click on the day you're looking for and use "day view".

It's now less than two weeks from the start of the holiday season and still no times posted for DL tree lighting, iasw lighting, castle enchantment, or "Believe" fireworks. Curious as to what's going on there. The parade has been posted for about two weeks now.

I"m a little frustrated though it is good to know that I'm not seeing things wrong. I don't understand the delay and wish I could plan a little more (though it is not like I can move my ADR's around right now given there isn't anything left). I'm hopeful we will soon see fireworks and other holiday entertainment which I realize is a great thing to be able to anticipate!!

I"m a little frustrated though it is good to know that I'm not seeing things wrong. I don't understand the delay and wish I could plan a little more (though it is not like I can move my ADR's around right now given there isn't anything left). I'm hopeful we will soon see fireworks and other holiday entertainment which I realize is a great thing to be able to anticipate!!
I agree, it's extremely frustrating. The DL website clearly outlines the various holiday offerings starting on 11/12. It specifically mentions all the lightings and the fireworks. It does say fireworks only on select nights, but that just means mostly weekends will have them showing.

I try to take solace in the fact that we know the lights are going up on iasw and the castle, and we also know the tree will get put up. They'll certainly light those things every night. I hope to see more details about times and fireworks soon.

Still no fireworks for the 7th. I keep checking everyday. I would be okay with just the Mix magic projections. Hoping they update with some show before next weekend.

Also staring my packing on Tues or Wed, I think.

We chose the 4th-6th a while back, figuring it might be a quiet week or two between Halloween and Christmas stuff. But now that it's almost here, I'm kind of disappointed we won't really get the full effect of either. But TBH, DH and I are going for HMH, so at least we'll have that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter