Official Disneyland ½ Marathon & 5k

They usually don't have the sign-ups until the week before. For some reason, they are slow to have this available for this race. Never understood why either. If you don't see it in time, they'll have 4 or 5 computers at the expo for people to sign up. I've done it at the expo and didn't have any problems.

They usually don't have the sign-ups until the week before. For some reason, they are slow to have this available for this race. Never understood why either. If you don't see it in time, they'll have 4 or 5 computers at the expo for people to sign up. I've done it at the expo and didn't have any problems.

Kim,
Just got home from DL -----You will LOVE Cars Land. It's just perfect !!!! The AP early morning entry was WONDERFUL. Not many people at all compared to the on property hotel early entry. Was able to do everything in CL a few times. One morning while EVERYONE headed to the racers we did the other two rides in CL and then after that basically walked right on the racers. You've got to eat breakfast at Flo's and try the apple pie. Hey, you will have earned it after running 13.1 :) Just 8 more weeks to go !!
Vicki

I finally booked my flights, so now I have a question: I'm flying into John Wayne landing around 2 with my mom. How much is a taxi from the airport? The shuttles will end up being $60-64 round trip for two of us and with my mother, who is not a shuttle person, I'm willing to pay a little more for convenience.
Second question: does anyone know if it's easy to get to the Richard Nixon museum from Disneyland? Does it require a car rental? I'm so excited!!

One other question: did anyone else try to sign up for the free poster? Did it work?

So now that the email has come out and the digital packet is online, I have questions!!

1) I have been debating between tickets for DH and I, because we will only be able to experience the parks from Saturday mid-day to close. We are considering probably just California Adventure. We arrive in LAX around 9 PM, have to get to our Hotel Menage, then the Expo, and then we can do a park. So maybe by 1 or 2 PM by the time we are ready to enter?

- A twilight ticket through GetTravel is $62 PP and gets us in from 4PM - 10PM
- A one day/one park ticket is $71 PP and gets us in from open to close
- A Gold Cheer package gets hubby access to Main Street during the run, as well as a one day/one park ticket, for $99

SO I am thinking a $71 One Day ticket for me and a $99 Gold Package for him - BUT... the Platinum Package is only $134 and it includes everything above PLUS access to the Finish Line Lounge, which he might like. But then how do I get access to that lounge? Do I have to pay for that, and if so where do I sign up?

2) I saw that bus service is provided to runners from the Good Neighbor hotels throughout the weekend... but it starts at 5:45 AM on race day. So how do I get to the race line start on Sunday morning? We are staying at Hotel Menage. Based on the website, it sounds like I am on my own. :(

3) GetTravel offers tickets to the "Disneyland Resort Express Bus" for $32 roundtrip PP online.
- Is this a good price?
- Does anyone know how often the buses depart from LAX and the resorts? Every hour? Every two hours?
- Is just taking a taxi better?
- Given question #2, should we rent a car, and if I get Platinum Cheer Squad for DH we can get complimentary parking on race morning?

Thanks for the help!

-- Carey

FOLLOW MY 'DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON' & 'DISNEYWORLD MAYBE-BABY CHRISTMAS' PRE-TRIP REPORTS!

Hey Carey,

I see that you are running the Disneyland. I am too but this time i am flying out there alone. Hope training is going well for you. Have you participate in any other runs after the Wine and Dine last year?

Kim,
Just got home from DL -----You will LOVE Cars Land. It's just perfect !!!! The AP early morning entry was WONDERFUL. Not many people at all compared to the on property hotel early entry. Was able to do everything in CL a few times. One morning while EVERYONE headed to the racers we did the other two rides in CL and then after that basically walked right on the racers. You've got to eat breakfast at Flo's and try the apple pie. Hey, you will have earned it after running 13.1 :) Just 8 more weeks to go !!
Vicki

So glad you had fun and that Cars lives up to the hype. The way you did the rides is my plan too! :rotfl: Hopefully no one catches on. 1/2 weekend is a solo trip, so I will definitely be taking advantage of the single rider lines. Good to hear the EE worked out well to, I've got Tuesday after the race as my date. Did you eat at Carthay Circle? I have reservations for Sunday night after the race. Hoping I can eat outside and just have a drink, really good food and people watch on the terrace.

As for the 8 weeks... I am on hyper countdown! Went to Michael's to look for stuff for my shirt; I'm ready to pack my bags and get down there.

The shuttles will end up being $60-64 round trip for two of us and with my mother, who is not a shuttle person, I'm willing to pay a little more for convenience.
Second question: does anyone know if it's easy to get to the Richard Nixon museum from Disneyland? Does it require a car rental? I'm so excited!!

One other question: did anyone else try to sign up for the free poster? Did it work?

Which shuttle are you using? If you use the code UYR59 for Super Shuttle, it'll only be $7 each way/per person. I used them for Tink, and it worked out perfectly. Not sure about a taxi, maybe $30 or so?

The library is a bit far from DL. I googled it over the weekend and it's about an hour and a 1/2 or so depending on traffic, it's in Simi Valley. I'm stopping on the way home after the race. I don't know if it's still there, but there used to be an Enterprise on Katella next to the Alpine Inn and there might still be one at the very end of DTD or 1 of the resort hotels. If you do get a car for the day, it's about 70 miles N of DL.

I signed up for the poster too. I got a reply email to print out and you stop by the booth at the expo to pick it up.

Hey Vicki ~ off DL 1/2 topic, but wanted to give you a heads up for Princess. I've been stalking flights to MCO for Jan and this week is the 6 month mark. They dropped huuuuggge. I know they'll drop a bit more, but right now they're around $300 RT out of SJ. When I checked on Thursday and Friday, the flights I'm looking at were a bit over $500. Not sure which airport you're going to use for Princess, but keep a eye out in the next month or so when that 6 month mark comes up.

I'm so excited about this race! I was hoping to be able to submit a improved time, but my race this weekend is in the evening and its suppose to be in the 100's here on Saturday. I'll be lucky to finish in that heat.

What poster? I glanced at the email that was sent out, but it's kind of hard to read on the phone.

So glad you had fun and that Cars lives up to the hype. The way you did the rides is my plan too! :rotfl: Hopefully no one catches on. 1/2 weekend is a solo trip, so I will definitely be taking advantage of the single rider lines. Good to hear the EE worked out well to, I've got Tuesday after the race as my date. Did you eat at Carthay Circle? I have reservations for Sunday night after the race. Hoping I can eat outside and just have a drink, really good food and people watch on the terrace.

As for the 8 weeks... I am on hyper countdown! Went to Michael's to look for stuff for my shirt; I'm ready to pack my bags and get down there.

I signed up for the poster too. I got a reply email to print out and you stop by the booth at the expo to pick it up.

Kim,
Single rider is the way to go--walk on during AP early morning event. Try and get to the turn styles early and run to Car's Land. Two "special guys" lead you into CL and down route 66. Very cute !!!
No, we didn't eat at Carthay Circle--we need something a little more family friendly on the menu. But you will have a blast people watching and having a well earned meal. Check out the homemade mashmellows at the Candy store on BV Street. They are kind of different but I going to try another one espcially after the race. The breakfast food at Flo's is really good--we ate there 3 mornings.
Good for you for decorating and having a costume for the race. Nothing special for me this race --I'll save it for Tink and Princess.

Please tell me about this poster. I have not heard anything about it and I never get my emails from RunDisney.

Hey Carey,

I see that you are running the Disneyland. I am too but this time i am flying out there alone. Hope training is going well for you. Have you participate in any other runs after the Wine and Dine last year?

Hi Aaron! Yeah, I ran the Princess 1/2 during my honeymoon 5 months ago. :) This will be the completion of my Coast2Coast. Training is going OK. I'd prefer to be pounding the pavement a little more often, but it's not too bad.

How are things with you?

- Carey

FOLLOW MY 'DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON' & 'DISNEYWORLD MAYBE-BABY CHRISTMAS' PRE-TRIP REPORTS!

Hey Vicki ~ off DL 1/2 topic, but wanted to give you a heads up for Princess. I've been stalking flights to MCO for Jan and this week is the 6 month mark. They dropped huuuuggge. I know they'll drop a bit more, but right now they're around $300 RT out of SJ. When I checked on Thursday and Friday, the flights I'm looking at were a bit over $500. Not sure which airport you're going to use for Princess, but keep a eye out in the next month or so when that 6 month mark comes up.

Kim
I'm stalking flights too, mostly SW. We can leave from any of the 3 airports. SW should have their flight out through Feb 13 today. So keep stalking and hope we both get a good price. SW will probably not release further dates until Labor Day-my guess.

Do you know where you want to stay for WDW 1/2 ? I'm leaning towards the Caribbean Beach resort for Princess. I just wish it was EASY like it is for DL.

The poster was in the igiftbag under coupons and lasting commemoratives. It looks really cute! I'm thinking about getting the brightroom gift certificate since I'm running the wine and dine and the marathon...

For those of you who have run before, how many characters are usually out on the course? Who's been out in the past?

Good for you for decorating and having a costume for the race.

Well, not really a costume, just a Cinderella theme. Found a cute iron on decal on etsy and am using the Cinderella Mickey ears. I don't think I could do a full on costume, am definitely in awe of the people who do it though.

Do you know where you want to stay for WDW 1/2 ? I'm leaning towards the Caribbean Beach resort for Princess. I just wish it was EASY like it is for DL.

I'm staying at the new Art of Animation resort. The Carribean looks nice, there are just so many! I like how many options you have, but I agree with you - I wish they were a little closer to the parks.

For those of you who have run before, how many characters are usually out on the course? Who's been out in the past?

I know in the backstage area and the parking lot area around 12 or so they have some of the floats from the Soundsational Parade. There were the Pixar people at the mile 12 one. One year they had Maleficient in the Castle as you ran unde it. In the past they've had Tangled, Princess and the Frog, Pirates and Captain Hook, and a few others, but I'm mixing some up from Tink this past Jan. They have the conductors next to the train engines. Outside the parks, the Mariachi band is when we turn the corner somewhere around 5 and close to that are the Hawaiian dancers. And the the Fab 5 are at the start and finish as well.

Hi Aaron! Yeah, I ran the Princess 1/2 during my honeymoon 5 months ago. :) This will be the completion of my Coast2Coast. Training is going OK. I'd prefer to be pounding the pavement a little more often, but it's not too bad.

How are things with you?

- Carey

This would also be my completion of C2C. I've stopped training for a week since my 10k Peachtree run last week. I did the 1/2 marathon Donald duck 15th anniversary run back in Januarary. Just signed up for the Goofy race 2 weeks ago and going for the 20th anniversary Mickey marathon medal. I thought if i was going to do a marathon i would do it at Disney and would be my only marathon. Just trying to cross off some stuff off my bucket list. Traveling solo to the 1/2 Disneyland would not be fun but hopefully i'll meet some great people there.

Aaron - Yay for Coast2Coast! I thought the DisneyWorld Full might be a fun way to ease into that distance, but DH and I are trying for a kid so I'd likely not be a position to handle that come January. Maybe I will see you in the Corrals or something Sunday morning!

All - There seems to be some disagreement about Sunday morning transportation. Are Good Neighbor hotels starting their deliveries to the start area at 3 AM and so I don't have to worry? Or am I really going to have to walk it or otherwise find my own way? I am stay at Hotel Menage.

Getting excited!

- Carey

There seems to be some disagreement about Sunday morning transportation. Are Good Neighbor hotels starting their deliveries to the start area at 3 AM and so I don't have to worry? Or am I really going to have to walk it or otherwise find my own way? I am stay at Hotel Menage.

They start at 3am. The map and list of hotels is on page 18 of the race program on the download from the website and pg. 32 of the actual program handout. They don't drop you off at the start, they drop you off at the East Esplanade which is the shuttle drop off area on Harbor. You walk down DTD, about 1/3 of a mile to the DLH. You turn right and the staging area is right there. You then walk less the 1/4 of a mile to the start on DL Drive. Hope that helps!

Cary - Wish you good luck. I have no idea which corral i will be at. Hopefully i'll know soon. I am not feeling the training run just yet cause of the heat and humidity around this area is sick.

I'll be staying at the Hilton Anahiem. Is this a long walk to the starting line if or does anyone know? I really want the shortest walk possible so that i have enough energy during the race.

Cary - Wish you good luck. I have no idea which corral i will be at. Hopefully i'll know soon. I am not feeling the training run just yet cause of the heat and humidity around this area is sick.

I'll be staying at the Hilton Anahiem. Is this a long walk to the starting line if or does anyone know? I really want the shortest walk possible so that i have enough energy during the race.

The one next to the convention? The shuttle will stop at that hotel as well, but you could also walk. Here are the directions for walking, it may sound a little confusing, but it'll make sense when you there and you'll see others walking as well.

Try to come out of the hotel on the Katella side. You'll be facing the back end of DCA. Turn left on Katella and walk towards DL Drive/West Dr. It's the street that the resort hotels are on. When you get to DL Drive/Katella crosswalk, cross the street so you area on the same side as the PP and turn right. You'll be walking towards PP. This is where it starts to sound weird, but I promise it's not. Once you pass the PP, there will be a parking lot. You can either turn left and cut through the parking lot to the service road and turn right to walk down the service road or cut diagonally through the parking lot to the service road. When you get to the parking lot, you will be looking/heading towards the AMC movie Theater at the end of DTD and the DL hotel. When you go to the expo, if you go to the DLH from DTD, you will see the service road I'm talking about. It's also the last bit of course that we run down to the finish. The staging area is in the DL hotel parking lot. I know it sounds confusing, but it's really not. Plus you'll see tons of people walking and there will be music coming from the staging area so you know you're going the right way. If you walk instead of the shuttle, it'll be about a mile walk.

I did up a map so hopefully it'll make sense! :goodvibes: Map my run map. You can make it larger to get a better sense. Just a note though, when you look at the map, where you turn left into the parking lot, the hotel across the street is the GC, not the DLH like the map says. The towers shown at the end of the route make up the DLH.

Anyone know when the bib numbers (and associated corrals) will come up? I guess when the waivers are ready? I can't remember from the Princess when that was, maybe about a month before (http://www.trackshack.com/disneysports/prin12w/verify.php) ? I did see they are having 7 corrals (A-G).

We are currently booked at GC, but I have to finalized the days. This will be Coast-2-Coast for us too, having done the Princess in Feb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter