• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Disneyland ½ Marathon & 5k

kim3339

DIS Veteran
Disneyland ½ Marathon Weekend 2012!!!
August 31 - September 2

5k ~ September 1 @ 6:45am
Kids' Races ~ September 1 @ 9:00am
½ Marathon ~ September 2 @ 5:45am

The expo is Friday, August 31 from 12-8 @ the DL Hotel and Saturday, September 1 from 9-5.

Registration Prices
½ Marathon
2/19/12 ~ SOLD OUT!!!

Charity Registration Link
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/disneyland-half-marathon/index?page=charity-groups

Travel Operator Registration Link
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/disneyland-half-marathon/index?page=travel-operators

2/20/12 ~ SOLD OUT!!!

DL Kids Races
$20/child
2/27/12 ~ SOLD OUT!!!

Chear Package Prices
Click on the Spectator Link on the left side for info
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/disneyland-half-marathon
Bronze Level ~ $0 (just a email newsletter)
Silver Level ~ $35
Gold Level ~ $99
Platinum Level ~ $134

And hopefully we can have a little more mileage in the parks w/ the construction at DCA finally being over by then.

Here's the link to GetTravel for discounted hotels and park tix:
http://www.gettravel.com/HalfMarathon/

It would be nice to get more mileage in DCA... maybe go through the new cars land? Too bad they keep the maps secret for a few more months (at least).

Now to figure out what I'll be doing in September so I can go... Thanks for letting us know it was posted!

DD and I are definitely doing this race - I will have already earned my C2C medal, but my DD will be going for hers :) My plan is to particpate in every race that Disney offers in 2012 !!!! I can't wait!

I'll be there in 2012, too. Looking for the C2C medal!

Terri

We were just talking about this today! Want the C2C medal!!

Was checking out the registration info and the prices have gone up, at least for the Half. I don't know what the prices were for the 5k last year. The Kids Races are the same as they were last year.

This may be the last year I do this if the prices go any higher.

Entry Fees and Deadlines

Disneyland® Half Marathon

$150 by February 26, 2012
$165 between February 27 and April 15, 2012
$180 on or after April 16, 2012

Disneyland® Family Fun Run 5K

$50 per participant
$55 per Stroller division participant

Disneyland® Kids' Races

$20 per child

Those are this years numbers. I registered for 2011 on March 9th and paid $144.27 ($135 + active.com fee) for the race. So early registration has gone up $15-$30 over last year. As far as discounts at the expo, traditionally the only discount I've heard of is waiving the active.com fee.

So I got a DVC for the race today. Still not 100% if I can go or not, but better safe than sorry since we can still cancel before August 1st (and by then I'll have a definite decision...)

I'm in!

Where does anyone stay? I would like to stay close enough to walk to the race.

Have you been to DL before? If not, it's a lot easier situation-wise than WDW. The staging/finish area are right next to the DL hotel. Paradise Pier hotel is also a resort hotel, the cheapest of the 3 and a little further down the street. A lot of people stay on Harbor or Katella, those are 2 of the bordering streets of the parks. The streets are hotel-hotel-hotel... If you stay are Harbor, you can cut through Downtown Disney to the DL Hotel and it's not a long walk. If you google hotels and Harbor a map comes up with all the hotels and you can look through them all. They're all pretty nice hotels, it usually just comes down to a preference.

A lot of them already have the dates open that far in advance, so if you know that you're going, they have really great rates right now. Also, if you have AAA double check w/ that b/c most of the hotels give discounts. Another tip, some of the hotels further away from the park do have a "shuttle" race weekend, but just so you know, it does not take you directly to the expo or the race area. It drops you off at the esplanade on Harbor, so you still have to walk through DTD.

I've stayed at a majority of them over the years, so if you have a question about one just ask! :goodvibes

Kim,

Thanks so much! That gives me a lot to work with. I guess I am one of those guys that gets excited once the race/room is booked. It makes it REAL.

I am going to look into it all this week.....

Do you have a favorite?/ Economical favorite?

Thanks again....

Mark

I love the HoJo - They offer great rates, very clean and friendly. Stayed there for the DL half this year and the first week of Dec for family vacation.

I will start by looking at HoJo's....it's hard to beat a tested favorite.

All this has gotten me VERY fired up!

Thanks

HoJo is really nice- really popular, great pool and really low rates. For me, I like to be in the parks or DTD and really only use the hotels for sleeping so pools and amenities aren't a big thing for me. I try to be b/w Disney Way and the McDonald's(you can see it on the google map.) I really like the BW Anaheim Inn, but if you like pools, their's is a little small. The Ramada Maingate at the Park has a nice pool. Next month, I'm staying at the BW Park Place Inn & Suites. The rooms look really big and the rooms, AAA price for the DL 1/2 are $98, so I can let you know when I get back. They even do 21 day advanced purchase and the rooms go down to $87, but you pay right when you book and no cancellations. The down side is they charge for parking, but the upside is that they are right at the big crosswalk and entrance to DL, so it'll literally take you 2 minutes to walk to the parks.

The resort hotels are also really nice, but right now, the prices are high and will go down in a couple of months. Paradise Pier is the furtherst away from the parks, but not far like WDW, you can still walk to the parks. The DL Hotel is at the end of DTD, but you can catch the monorail and it takes you right into DL. The Grand Californian is the closest to the parks, in the middle of DTD. However, they have their own separate entrance into DCA which is nice.

The DL Hotel is right at the race staginging/start/finish and is just finishing a big remodel. The themes are different areas in DL. PP is the cheapest of the 3 and 1/2 block from the DL Hotel, and they have a beach theme. The Grand Californian is the most expensive, and done in a Californian Bungalow/outdoor theme.

After registration opens next month, check gettravel.com. That's the website where you can get discounted park tickets and hotels and they'll have the link on the race page. Personally, I've found that, b/c I'm like you and love to book hotels early :goodvibes and I have a AAA card, it's cheaper to book the hotel on my own except for the resort hotels. They have good prices for those 3.

Hope that helps! If you have any more questions, let me know!

I'm very excited!! Got our plane tickets this week :banana: Will book thru the Disney Sponsored event guys as soon as I register us for the races. This will be my 3rd Disney Half. DW is going to try the 5k and DD will do the kids races again. This is quickly becoming our annual end of Summer tradition and once a year trip to Disney :cheer2:

I will more than likely not be doing Disneyland this year. Kind of sad about it, but it was a sacrifice I needed to make:confused3. I recently moved to Florida and I only plan on going to California once a year. Unfortunately for the run, but fortunately for a good friend of mine, my 2012 trip will be for a friend's wedding in June.

Instead I think I'm going to be doing TOT 10 miler and F&W 1/2. I have a few people from work doing F&W so that will be fun.

ok, this is on my radar this year...would love the C2C...meet some folks at W & D, they looked awesome as they wore these!!!!

I will be there, will be going Coast to Coast for the 4th year in a row!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter