OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurkyloo---was the R2D2 a cupcake or a minature cake? Can the general public order that one and if so how would I go about getting that?

It was a minicake—an AWESOME minicake! :teeth: Anyone can request these styles or something similar for delivery to a Disney restaurant or resort—it's the same as if you asked them to make you a birthday cake that looked like a photo you found online. For example, the pumpkin minicake I ordered for delivery to Art of Animation last fall was based on a photo I took of a minicake at the last bridal showcase.

Just follow the instructions in posts 1 and 2 of this thread. For R2D2, you're going to need to be staying or dining at a resort serviced by a bakery that can do fancy, fondant-covered cakes. These are listed in those posts. :thumbsup2

It was a minicake—an AWESOME minicake! :teeth: Anyone can request these styles or something similar for delivery to a Disney restaurant or resort—it's the same as if you asked them to make you a birthday cake that looked like a photo you found online. For example, the pumpkin minicake I ordered for delivery to Art of Animation last fall was based on a photo I took of a minicake at the last bridal showcase.

Just follow the instructions in posts 1 and 2 of this thread. For R2D2, you're going to need to be staying or dining at a resort serviced by a bakery that can do fancy, fondant-covered cakes. These are listed in those posts. :thumbsup2

We are staying at Beach Club....hmmm wonder if that would work! I am ordering a cake from the Grand Floridian for our night at Park Fare. Would love to have this in our room for 2 boys after Star Wars Weekend!

What about Sparrow's Treasure? It would be such a fun stand alone dessert or as a cake topper!

Obviously, there's a mold somewhere on the Disney property.

I'm thinking of ordering a cake for our trip in March. We're also considering booking the dessert party. Would they deliver a cake to the dessert party? I'm thinking not, but I figured I'd ask.

I assume the Contemporary serves as the bakery for the MK? So if we ordered a cake for delivery in MK, if would be a Chef Brian cake? If the dessert party isn't an option for delivery, is there any other restaurant in MK that is also not an option? Or would they deliver to any restaurant (except BOG, as I did read that note in post #1).

ETA: That R2D2 mini cake is awesome! Does the contemporary bakery do cheesecake at all? Would they be able to make the R2D2 mini cake with cheesecake? Long shot, I know, but DH isn't the biggest fan of cake - but he loooves cheesecake. I'd love to surprise him with this. If not, I may just surprise my nephews with it instead b/c they'd love it too!

P1110758.jpg

I am in love!!!! I might have to call about getting a couple of this one for SWW or any weekend since everyone in my family loves Star Wars. Now if they could only do a mini-Wookie. :chewy:

And that Haunted Mansion wedding cake is gorgeous!!!

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures.

Those are some beautiful cakes.

Is the sparrows treasure a mini cake or is that a cupcake? Is the Jack Sparrow white chocolate mold something new that will be available?

Does anyone know if you can get these custom cakes made to be delivered to the cruise line? My husband and I are cruising on the Dream on July 21st, 2013 to celebrate our one-year anniversary, and I would love to surprise him with a mini-replica of our wedding cake (very simple, nothing fancy).

I am in love!!!! I might have to call about getting a couple of this one for SWW or any weekend since everyone in my family loves Star Wars. Now if they could only do a mini-Wookie. :chewy:

And that Haunted Mansion wedding cake is gorgeous!!!

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures.

I sent chef Brian an email about this one. I want it for our SWW~

Does anyone know if you can get these custom cakes made to be delivered to the cruise line? My husband and I are cruising on the Dream on July 21st, 2013 to celebrate our one-year anniversary, and I would love to surprise him with a mini-replica of our wedding cake (very simple, nothing fancy).

I was wondering the same since we are celebrating our 25th next April on the Fantasy.
You can order special cakes from DCL but they do not have all the custom options like fondant or characters. They need to be ordered at least 7 days prior to sailing. Go to Planning Center, then In-Room Shopping and Gifts.
Here is the link for the order form.
http://dcl1.wdpromedia.com/media/dc...de+Cake+Order+Form+website+Final+01102013.pdf

I'm thinking of ordering a cake for our trip in March. We're also considering booking the dessert party. Would they deliver a cake to the dessert party? I'm thinking not, but I figured I'd ask.

ETA: That R2D2 mini cake is awesome! Does the contemporary bakery do cheesecake at all? Would they be able to make the R2D2 mini cake with cheesecake?

These are both questions to ask the Contemporary directly. I would assume they will not deliver to the Wishes dessert party inside the Magic Kingdom, but you could have them deliver to a meal at a restaurant in the MK before you go to the party.

I assume the Contemporary serves as the bakery for the MK? So if we ordered a cake for delivery in MK, if would be a Chef Brian cake?

Yes and yes! :goodvibes

Those are some beautiful cakes.

Is the sparrows treasure a mini cake or is that a cupcake? Is the Jack Sparrow white chocolate mold something new that will be available?

I got the idea that the treasure chest was just chocolate with fondant and other candy pieces inside. The Jack Sparrow mold is definitely available at the GF, you'd just have to check with Private Dining if you want it at another Deluxe Resort.

Have been emailing back and forth about the slippers for CRT. I had already spoken with Thomas when ordering the cake from Chef Brian. I was told I could put a credit card down. That is only for the cake. CRT is different even though I was told I could do that. Anyway, I was talking about the slippers and she asked if I would like the Kings Crown for the boy...did not know this was an option as I do no recall reading about this or seeing a picture. She said it is done like the slipper and cost the same. So my wish family will have a mini wedding cake for the wish girl, a slipper for princess sister, and a kings crown for prince brother!

Just to make sure I'm doing this right -- I'm trying to help a friend arrange a bday cake for CRT. We should call CR private dining, tell them we want to custom cake with decorations and ask to contact chef Brian. Is that right? Stealing a bit from the Snow White dress cake-- using the dress idea with Merida, with a bullseye and bow n arrow on top!

Heather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!