OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We decided to take a last minute trip to Disney for my son's 5th birthday. I knew I wanted to order a cake from Disney, but we had not decided on a sit down restaurant. I took a chance and called dining reservation line on Thursday at 1pm, and to my surprise I was able to get Be our Guest, for either Friday or Saturday evening. I knew I needed 48 hour notice for a cake, so I picked Saturday at 5pm. I immediately emailed Magic Kingdom cakes, and received my order form within an hour. We left for our trip on Thursday (we drove) and I was able to email back and forth with Amy at Magic Kingdom cakes to pick a printed design for the top of the cake. We were told we could not have Star Wars, which was our first choice. We also asked if we could do a picture of a few Pixar characters together. I provided a photo from Pixar's website. Unfortunately, we had to wait for the bakery to decide if this picture would be allowed. We didn't hear back until Friday. It was a no, because these characters do not appear in a movie together. That is when we decided on Peter Pan. Amy provided the image. Since we did not finalize the cake order 48 hours prior to date needed, we couldn't have the dark chocolate filing, we had to have white chocolate filling. This was not a big deal. We finalized the cake on Friday at 11am and had a freshly baked and decorated cake delivered to Be our Guest on Saturday, for 5pm. The cake was delicious very large for two adult and two kids. We took it back to our room and put it in the fridge. We are still enjoying it! The cake box said it was prepared by Brian. The only complaints would be, there was a thick layer of buttercream frosting and I liked the image, but wish it was more Peter Pan and Captain Hook and less of Wendy, especially since I asked for an image of Peter Pan and Captain Hook. My son still loved it, so we loved it. Now we are planning a trip for my 3 year old for his birthday in January. He already stated he would like a Mickey Mouse cake. :) It was a pleasure to work with Disney to order a cake! The cake cost $32and the image $15, plus tax and gratuity. We used our TiW for a discount.

Thanks for sharing! Your cake looks nice and colorful! It does seem that they could have easily cut Wendy out of the picture and included all of Peter Pan instead. :scratchin

Is the altered Slipper Package only available at Cinderella's Castle or can it be delivered to Trails End?

TiA

Not sure you could get the inedible parts, but it's worth calling and asking about the chocolate slipper, since it's made for the MK by the Contemporary, which also does the cakes for Fort Wilderness. See Post #2 for FW's number.

Does anyone have a shot of the two tier mini cake that they offer at HDDR? They said they have one that is just two tier, and one that also has the castle on top? We are going the night before Halloween, and its for my FIL's 72nd birthday (which is actually a few weeks before).

So far Disney hasn't released any standard shots of their mini cakes, and there seem to be a couple of different designs that people get when they don't really specify a particular design. Here are the two I am *guessing* they mean...

CastleMiniCake.jpg

AnniversaryCake.jpg

I have decided to do my hubby a big surprise bday for his 30th, with stay at beach club before and then four night cruise. I wanted to do a chernabog cake at maybe the california grill for his bday and then maybe later that night have a cupcake or mini cake with cruise related theme brought to room so I can tell him on his birthday that we are leaving for the cruise the next day. Has anyone done any cruise related cakes or cupcakes, or has any ideas?

So far Disney hasn't released any standard shots of their mini cakes, and there seem to be a couple of different designs that people get when they don't really specify a particular design. Here are the two I am *guessing* they mean...

CastleMiniCake.jpg

AnniversaryCake.jpg

Thanks! I think I'm going to tell them to do which ever one they can do the most/best Halloween decorations on.

I have decided to do my hubby a big surprise bday for his 30th, with stay at beach club before and then four night cruise. I wanted to do a chernabog cake at maybe the california grill for his bday and then maybe later that night have a cupcake or mini cake with cruise related theme brought to room so I can tell him on his birthday that we are leaving for the cruise the next day. Has anyone done any cruise related cakes or cupcakes, or has any ideas?

You'd have to run them by the pastry team at the Beach Club to see if they can do something similar, but one of these would be cute...

P1110750.jpg

P1110746.jpg

P1110745.jpg

Any suggestions for a cute Disney "welcome back" saying for our Mickey/Minnie classic themed cake? Welcome back just doesnt sound good enough.

Also ha anyone ever had the caramel chocolate mousse?

Recommendations for red velvet cake filling? There s the standard cream cheese but has anyone got anything else with it? No nuts please? I'm wondering about 2 different fillings for it too, try something new, Amy suggestions?

Recommendations for red velvet cake filling? There s the standard cream cheese but has anyone got anything else with it? No nuts please? I'm wondering about 2 different fillings for it too, try something new, Amy suggestions?

We ordered a red velvet cake a couple of years ago. It was a Belle themed cake and I was on this odd yellow and red theme, so I actually had it filled with passion fruit mousse. What's funny...while probably not the ideal pairing for red velvet, it also wasn't bad.

Cream Cheese, Bavarian Cream, Buttercream, and White Chocolate Mousse seem like all of the obvious mild choices. The caramel milk chocolate, the bailey's and the mocha all sound like stronger flavors that might be better at complimenting the red velvet. So maybe between the strong and the mild- you could consider a combo. I think the dark chocolate and straight milk chocolate would compete too much with the red velvet.

Any suggestions for a cute Disney "welcome back" saying for our Mickey/Minnie classic themed cake? Welcome back just doesnt sound good enough.

Also ha anyone ever had the caramel chocolate mousse?

Instead of 'welcome back' - maybe "Welcome Home!" - like they say at the various resorts?

971224_10151400998851975_1155059916_n.jpg

Sorry that the picture is on it's side!:confused3

This was DD's cake for her 4th birthday I ordered for our dinner at Be Our Guest.

It was chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream and fondant icing. The chocolate Rapunzel picture on top was huge! There were seven of us in total and with the dining plan as well the 12" was way too much for us!

It cost $115 in total from Chef Brian at the Contempory. My only request was that it was a Rapunzel "Floating Lights" cake and I was very pleased with the result.

This was DD's cake for her 4th birthday I ordered for our dinner at Be Our Guest.

It was chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream and fondant icing. The chocolate Rapunzel picture on top was huge! There were seven of us in total and with the dining plan as well the 12" was way too much for us!

It cost $115 in total from Chef Brian at the Contempory. My only request was that it was a Rapunzel "Floating Lights" cake and I was very pleased with the result.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Can I have a cake from Babycakes delivered to the Yachtsman for our first dinner in Disney? I want to have a safe and special desert for my son's first disney trip.

Hi All-

These forums have been very helpful so I am reaching out once again.

My situation - staying at CBR in late Sept and it is the first trip with my DH. On our first full day there, it is the 7-month anniversary of our elopement/wedding.

I want to surprise DH and order one of the two mini cakes lurkyloo posted pictures of (since our original wedding cake was a mini from Publix). We have ADR at Kouzzina that evening.

Is it better to have the cake delivered when we are out of the room ("Surprise!") or have it delivered table side at Kouzzina? Does the ultimate delivery "site" narrow my choice of mini cake?

Any advice or good/bad experiences? Thanks for your input!

Can I have a cake from Babycakes delivered to the Yachtsman for our first dinner in Disney? I want to have a safe and special desert for my son's first disney trip.

Yes. See "What if someone in my party has dietary restrictions?" in the FAQ in Post #1 for information.

Hi All-

These forums have been very helpful so I am reaching out once again.

My situation - staying at CBR in late Sept and it is the first trip with my DH. On our first full day there, it is the 7-month anniversary of our elopement/wedding.

I want to surprise DH and order one of the two mini cakes lurkyloo posted pictures of (since our original wedding cake was a mini from Publix). We have ADR at Kouzzina that evening.

Is it better to have the cake delivered when we are out of the room ("Surprise!") or have it delivered table side at Kouzzina? Does the ultimate delivery "site" narrow my choice of mini cake?

BoardWalk Bakery will be making the cake if it's to be delivered to either of those locations, but you will only be able to work with them directly if you have it delivered to Kouzzina. For CBR, you'll need to contact someone in the Food & Beverage Dept at CBR (see post #2) who serves as a middleman between you and BWB.

That said, you may want to sneak off during dinner and remind your server that you have a cake ordered. You often hear of them forgetting/being unaware of the cake.

Thanks lurkyloo! You've been very helpful throughout this looong thread!

I am leaning toward the mini castle cake - chocolate buttercream frosting over a chocolate cake. It's a win/win since he'll eat the cake and I'll get the castle!

Quick question regarding payment - is the cost of the cake always added to your restaurant bill or can I keep the cost separate (i.e. a secret) and pay it ahead of time?

A one-tier Mad Hatter like the ones Disneymama01 describes looks like this:

MadHatter1Tier-1.jpg

A Mad Hatter mini cake looks like this:

watermark-1.jpg

The mini cake - How much is this, and can I get it at the 1900 Park Fair in the GF??

I have a reservation at bog on Saturday night, I emailed both the contemporary and the cake line. I had a response first thing Monday morning. I just sent my request in for a mini wedding cake in the Beast theme, so crossing my fingers it's cute!

Yes! Babycakes will deliver to Disney restaurants. I ordered a chocolate cake with chocolate chips and chocolate icing anniversary cake to be delivered to Sanaa. It went very well. I worked with Emily at Babycakes, and she was fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter