OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, question. I'm planning on ordering a cake but have it narrowed down to two different places. Kona Cafe or Le Cellier? I know the GF bakery does the cakes at Kona. If you had the choice which one would you go with? Thanks!

Thanks lurkyloo! You've been very helpful throughout this looong thread!

I am leaning toward the mini castle cake - chocolate buttercream frosting over a chocolate cake. It's a win/win since he'll eat the cake and I'll get the castle!

Quick question regarding payment - is the cost of the cake always added to your restaurant bill or can I keep the cost separate (i.e. a secret) and pay it ahead of time?

It's added to the restaurant bill, unfortunately.

The mini cake - How much is this, and can I get it at the 1900 Park Fair in the GF??

$25–$45, depending on how elaborate you want the decor. I'd definitely send in that photo if it's close to what you want, since they probably won't know what you're talking about if you just ask for a Mad Hatter mini cake. :thumbsup2

what is the princess package at crt that includes tiara and glass?

Information is in this post: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2912870&page=2

Ok, question. I'm planning on ordering a cake but have it narrowed down to two different places. Kona Cafe or Le Cellier? I know the GF bakery does the cakes at Kona. If you had the choice which one would you go with? Thanks!

GF has a lot more experience making fancy cakes than Epcot, but it can sometimes be difficult to get what you want. As a cake nerd, I'm so curious about Epcot's new pastry chef, I'd order the cake there just to see how it turned out. :teeth:

Does anyone know if Star Wars cakes are doable and if so, does anyone have any photos?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

A pp on the previous page (page 169) said she tried to order a Star Wars cake through MK but was told no they won't make it. I know people haven't gotten Star Wars cakes before (through BC/YC bakery), but then later someone else was told the BC/YC will no longer do a Jedi Mickey cake. So I am not sure if this is a relatively new policy or even if one bakery says no another might say yes???

It's added to the restaurant bill, unfortunately.

You may be able to ask your server to put the cake on a separate bill and pay after the cake is delivered. We asked for a separate bill for the cake we had delivered to Tony's Town Square, and it wasn't a problem.

I want to order a cake for DH for his birthday. We leave next Saturday and his birthday is the 23. We are eating at Ohana that night for dinner and we are staying at AoA. Would you think it would be better to have delivered to the room or to dinner?

Also he loves stitch---does anyone have pictures of stitch cakes you have done and cost? I don't want to spend a fortune but I do want to do something special for him. He is like a kid, he is so excited to celebrate in Disney!

what is the princess package at crt that includes tiara and glass?

I know the link was posted but I wanted to add our experience. This was last Aug. we ordered this for our daughter as a surprise. She was 5 1/2 at the time & totally blown away from everything. She couldn't believe what all they did for her. The attention she got from the princesses was amazing. Then the icing on the cake was when we left. This was pure luck. We had a stroller and the fireworks were just going to start. We had to exit the front of the castle and we did just as the first firework went off. That was amazing. And since we couldn't get out w/ our stroller b/c of the crowd, we ended up w/ a front row seat on the bridge. The night was magical.

My DD & I are going to be at CSR just after her birthday and I was wondering where would be the best place to order a 6inch cake to be delivered to the room?? :confused3

There are soooooo many options and wonderful cakes I have seen on this thread!!

I want to order a cake for DH for his birthday. We leave next Saturday and his birthday is the 23. We are eating at Ohana that night for dinner and we are staying at AoA. Would you think it would be better to have delivered to the room or to dinner?

I always prefer to have it delivered to the room because it's gonna end up there anyway and then I don't have to carry it! AoA is very easy to work with for cakes. :thumbsup2

I know the link was posted but I wanted to add our experience. This was last Aug. we ordered this for our daughter as a surprise. She was 5 1/2 at the time & totally blown away from everything. She couldn't believe what all they did for her. The attention she got from the princesses was amazing. Then the icing on the cake was when we left. This was pure luck. We had a stroller and the fireworks were just going to start. We had to exit the front of the castle and we did just as the first firework went off. That was amazing. And since we couldn't get out w/ our stroller b/c of the crowd, we ended up w/ a front row seat on the bridge. The night was magical.

What a great experience! Thanks for letting us know how it went! :goodvibes

My DD & I are going to be at CSR just after her birthday and I was wondering where would be the best place to order a 6inch cake to be delivered to the room?? :confused3

There are soooooo many options and wonderful cakes I have seen on this thread!!

Unfortunately, CSR is the one place that *doesn't* have many options—they don't get their cakes from a Disney bakery like the rest of the resorts, they make their own. And they only have five choices. Complete details are in Post #2. Alternatively, you could order a cake for one of your meals elsewhere, and then you'll have more options. Just find the park or resort in the list in Post #2 for details on ordering and options.

Thanks for the info!! Bummer about the CSR, though has anyone had one of their cakes?? Are they any good? (Like there is a bad cake!!) :rotfl:

Thanks lurkyloo! You've been very helpful throughout this looong thread!

I am leaning toward the mini castle cake - chocolate buttercream frosting over a chocolate cake. It's a win/win since he'll eat the cake and I'll get the castle!

Quick question regarding payment - is the cost of the cake always added to your restaurant bill or can I keep the cost separate (i.e. a secret) and pay it ahead of time?

You can't pay it ahead of time, but you can get it billed separately. When we had my sister's birthday cake at WCC in Feb, I quietly spoke to the waiter after he had served the cake and let him know the bill for that was to come to me. He had no problem with that.

Thanks for the info!! Bummer about the CSR, though has anyone had one of their cakes?? Are they any good? (Like there is a bad cake!!) :rotfl:

I've had the Oreo one. It wasn't my cup of tea, but I prefer buttercream frosting, and they use whipped cream frosting. They sell individual slices of the cakes in the counter-service place. This isn't what a full cake would look like, but it will give you an idea...

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

Hi (again)!

I posted this question on the CBR thread but no one thought that the resort handled this:

Does the cake hotline also handle requests for the tuxedo strawberries? I noticed pictures on this thread where some folks had room service celebrations that involved chocolate covered strawberries and champagne.

I already have a surprise gift basket coming from Disney Florist for my DH and am looking for a small plate of "Welcome to Disney" strawberries and some bubbly.

Just not sure if I contact CBR to arrange this ahead of time or is only available in the Deluxe resorts?

I find myself planning my Disney trips around celebrations just so that I can plan/order a custom cake. Anyone else have this problem???

My next trip will be in November with some friends and we will be celebrating my BEST friend's 29th birthday! We are having her birthday dinner at BOG (can't wait!!!!) and of course I'd love to order a custom cake.

Has anyone had experiences with asking for a mini cake that is covered in chocolate ganache? I know they can do regular sized cakes this way. To say she is a chocolate lover is an understatement, and considering there will only be 4 of us, I feel like a 6" cake will be much too large. I'm also open to suggestions to get as much chocolate in that cake as possible!

I may have missed this info elsewhere, but we are celebrating ds bday at Ohana breakfast on 9/11. Can you get a cake during breakfast hours? I was thinking just a mini cake or special cupcake since we will be heading straight to the park. Any help is appreciated.

Does the cake hotline also handle requests for the tuxedo strawberries? I noticed pictures on this thread where some folks had room service celebrations that involved chocolate covered strawberries and champagne.

Just not sure if I contact CBR to arrange this ahead of time or is only available in the Deluxe resorts?

Usually this is only available at Deluxe Resorts because they have a Private Dining department to handle it. But it's worth calling the number for CBR in Post #2 just to see if there's a chance their foood service department could do something like this. You can also purchase chocolate-covered strawberries at the candy shop on Main Street, U.S.A., but I know it's not really the same as a surprise delivery...

I find myself planning my Disney trips around celebrations just so that I can plan/order a custom cake. Anyone else have this problem???

:wave2:

Has anyone had experiences with asking for a mini cake that is covered in chocolate ganache? I know they can do regular sized cakes this way. To say she is a chocolate lover is an understatement, and considering there will only be 4 of us, I feel like a 6" cake will be much too large. I'm also open to suggestions to get as much chocolate in that cake as possible!

I don't think that would be a problem.

I may have missed this info elsewhere, but we are celebrating ds bday at Ohana breakfast on 9/11. Can you get a cake during breakfast hours? I was thinking just a mini cake or special cupcake since we will be heading straight to the park. Any help is appreciated.

You can get a cake delivered at any meal, even breakfast. If all you want is a cupcake, many restaurants have free birthday cupcakes they give out. You might just double-check with Ohana.

:thumbsup2 Thanks lurkyloo!

You've been a wonderful help to me and have been very patient with all the postings!

I will give CBR a call to see if they can finagle a strawberry/bubbly surprise. "It doesn't hurt to ask - they worst that can happen is they say 'no'!";)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter