Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call the Cake Hotline listed in the first post in this thread.

I did read the first post, perhaps I should have been more clear, is there a specific bakery I should request to have the cake done at?

as in, should I choose the resort bakery closest to the world showcase, or is one bakery "better" than others?

thank you:goodvibes

I am so excited!! I just booked an ADR for 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. So, that means I can order my DD a white chocolate slipper dessert!! YAY!!!

I do have a question though, has anyone had that done at breakfast?

Can I provide my own cake topper? If so do I just drop it into the bakery a few days before? Also can I bring candles for the cake? Tia

Hello all. I'm so overwhelmed by the beautiful cakes!

My parents are joining us on our trip to Disney next week and I want to surprise my stepmom with a cake to celebrate her retirement! Our first meal is at The Crystal Palace. Is it possible to have a real cake delivered there? I can do the sara lee cake but I'd rather something a little bit more personal.

Thanks!

Hello all. I'm so overwhelmed by the beautiful cakes!

My parents are joining us on our trip to Disney next week and I want to surprise my stepmom with a cake to celebrate her retirement! Our first meal is at The Crystal Palace. Is it possible to have a real cake delivered there? I can do the sara lee cake but I'd rather something a little bit more personal.

Thanks!
You can order a standard cake that is made fresh and is not a Sarah Lee Cake. I wish that this rumor would end. All cakes for the resort including theme parks are made fresh and are not a freeze and thaw cake. But if you want a custom cake call the Contemporary and ask for the email. They handle cake orders for the Magic Kingdom that are standard and custom cakes.

I did read the first post, perhaps I should have been more clear, is there a specific bakery I should request to have the cake done at?

as in, should I choose the resort bakery closest to the world showcase, or is one bakery "better" than others?

thank you:goodvibes

Except for the Magic Kingdom, where you can get a cake made by the Contemporary Bakery, you can't choose a bakery to make the cake you have in a theme park. Since you're dining at Epcot, the cake will be made by Epcot's bakery. Unfortunately, my experience and those of others who've posted on this thread is that Epcot's cakes are not great—definitely supermarket quality, with whipped cream frosting instead of buttercream. But then, others who've posted on this thread have enjoyed their Epcot cakes, so it's really all personal preference.

Can I provide my own cake topper? If so do I just drop it into the bakery a few days before? Also can I bring candles for the cake? Tia

You can provide your own topper, candles, etc. but you cannot drop them off beforehand. The best thing to do is to tell the bakery to leave space for a topper and then either put it on when the cake arrives or see if you can talk to your server secretly about putting it on for you.

You can order a standard cake that is made fresh and is not a Sara Lee Cake. I wish that this rumor would end. All cakes for the resort including theme parks are made fresh and are not a freeze and thaw cake.

No offense, but I think the reasons the rumor won't die are 1) the standard cakes often arrive chilled, and 2) they just taste like they were previously frozen, whether they actually were or not. I can definitely taste a difference between the standard cakes and the custom cakes we've had made at Disney.

You can order a standard cake that is made fresh and is not a Sarah Lee Cake. I wish that this rumor would end. All cakes for the resort including theme parks are made fresh and are not a freeze and thaw cake. But if you want a custom cake call the Contemporary and ask for the email. They handle cake orders for the Magic Kingdom that are standard and custom cakes.

Thank you! I will call tomorrow! :banana:

You can provide your own topper, candles, etc. but you cannot drop them off beforehand. The best thing to do is to tell the bakery to leave space for a topper and then either put it on when the cake arrives or see if you can talk to your server secretly about putting it on for you.

Thanks

I love all these cakes :love:

Makenzie and Nancy (Tim's DD's 8 and 7) was looking too, and now they roped me into making a cake tonight :rolleyes:. Ah well, it'll be fun LOL :cheer2:

Keep posting please!

Does anyone know if you can get a strawberry cake with vanilla buttercream at any of the bakeries with chocolate covered strawberries on the side? We're celebrating our anniversary when we go to disney ( 6 months late due to graduating college and starting a new job) and I really want to surprise the hubby with the same type of cake we had at our wedding.
Thank you!

I am so excited!! I just booked an ADR for 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. So, that means I can order my DD a white chocolate slipper dessert!! YAY!!!

I do have a question though, has anyone had that done at breakfast?

We had breakfast at CRT and had a slipper dessert made for my DGD. She loved it! Our breakfast reservation was 10 am, but I would have done this regardless of the hour! It was such fun and she really enjoyed it. Vacations are for indulgencing ourselves! Enjoy!

Karen

DD's Birthday Slipper Surprise at CRT. I was able to pick between white, milk or dark. And I chose Dark chocolate. This way really yummy. It was too pretty to eat! Was ordered through CRT, well in advance. The price was $15.50

slipper.jpg

That's odd... I just ordered one for our trip next week and was given the choice of white or dark (milk wasn't an option) and was quoted $12.50 plus tax and gratuity. I ordered through the CRT special events e-mail address. Very quick and eay BTW. :thumbsup2

I have been hearing so much about this peanut butter cup filling and I think I want to order this in a cake for our honeymoon dinner at Narcossees in May. Is the only way to get this option to order through private dining or do I just use the cake hotline and request this and also what is the smallest size that cakes that have this kind of filling can be made in? I want to do the Mickey's Delight with chocolate cake and peanut butter cup filling.

Does anyone know if you can get a strawberry cake with vanilla buttercream at any of the bakeries with chocolate covered strawberries on the side? We're celebrating our anniversary when we go to disney ( 6 months late due to graduating college and starting a new job) and I really want to surprise the hubby with the same type of cake we had at our wedding.
Thank you!

I've never seen strawberry listed among the standard cake flavors, but if they can do lemon and orange, I don't see why they couldn't do strawberry. Your best bet is to order a cake for a restaurant reservation at the Grand Floridian—they do all the wedding cakes and have the widest range of flavors.

I have been hearing so much about this peanut butter cup filling and I think I want to order this in a cake for our honeymoon dinner at Narcossees in May. Is the only way to get this option to order through private dining or do I just use the cake hotline and request this and also what is the smallest size that cakes that have this kind of filling can be made in? I want to do the Mickey's Delight with chocolate cake and peanut butter cup filling.

You can do either, but calling the private dining number that pops up in this thread all the time will get you straight to the woman who takes all the custom cake orders. The smallest size custom cake they will do is 6 inches, and they turn out a lot of Mickey's Delight cakes, so it should be easy.

Except for the Magic Kingdom, where you can get a cake made by the Contemporary Bakery, you can't choose a bakery to make the cake you have in a theme park. Since you're dining at Epcot, the cake will be made by Epcot's bakery. Unfortunately, my experience and those of others who've posted on this thread is that Epcot's cakes are not great—definitely supermarket quality, with whipped cream frosting instead of buttercream. But then, others who've posted on this thread have enjoyed their Epcot cakes, so it's really all personal preference.

thanks a bunch, so if i want to ensure a better quality cake, i may want to do it at a resort restaurant versus on of the epcot restaurants....

I've never seen strawberry listed among the standard cake flavors, but if they can do lemon and orange, I don't see why they couldn't do strawberry. Your best bet is to order a cake for a restaurant reservation at the Grand Floridian—they do all the wedding cakes and have the widest range of flavors.

Unfortunately we won't be eating at the GF this trip. We want the cake delivered to our room instead. I called the WL cake line today and the lady said she would talk to the chef and see if they could manage a strawberry cake. I'm crossing my fingers. We would be happy with anything fresh, but it would be amazing if we could get something more like our wedding cake! Thanks for your help!

thanks a bunch, so if i want to ensure a better quality cake, i may want to do it at a resort restaurant versus on of the epcot restaurants....

Exactly! :thumbsup2

Unfortunately we won't be eating at the GF this trip. We want the cake delivered to our room instead. I called the WL cake line today and the lady said she would talk to the chef and see if they could manage a strawberry cake. I'm crossing my fingers. We would be happy with anything fresh, but it would be amazing if we could get something more like our wedding cake! Thanks for your help!

If they can't do it, the Contemporary Bakery can deliver a cake to WL for you, and they are a lot more versatile than most bakeries on property. Good luck! :goodvibes

Has anyone ever seen a cake done with the characters from "Up"? (I haven't had time to completely through the gallery thread yet, but I imagine it wouldn't be that common). I'm trying to come up with an idea for a 10th anniversary/b'day cake for DH & myself. I was thinking of Carl & Ellie. Any other fun anniversary cake ideas?

Am I correct in assuming that the 3D character toppers that you see on the cakes are pretty standard ones (eg Mickey, Tink, etc) and that they couldn't do a custom one. A less popular character would be done in an edible image on white chocolate?

Ack! The lady from the WL called back and gave me an email address for Brian at the CR. I think I wrote it down wrong and need help to make sure it's right. Can I email someone to see if it's right.

So many flavors, fillings and frostings, I don't know where to start. I want to order one so bad!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter