Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

sorry it’s sideways, I can’t figure out how to flip it. This was $70 from the Contemporary baking team delivered to the wave. White cake, white icing and white chocolate mousse filling. They did return my voicemail I left and the woman said she is covering two different departments so it’s taking her longer than normal to return calls (just fyi). The cake was excellent by the way!

I am a year behind, but better late than never. These were delivered to Rose & Crown last Thanksgiving. So cute!

I love interpretive cakes like these--EPCOT did a great job. Thanks for sharing them here!
sorry it’s sideways, I can’t figure out how to flip it. This was $70 from the Contemporary baking team delivered to the wave. White cake, white icing and white chocolate mousse filling. They did return my voicemail I left and the woman said she is covering two different departments so it’s taking her longer than normal to return calls (just fyi). The cake was excellent by the way!

Thanks for sharing your experience and photo! This is really helpful!

Has anyone ever had a Kingdom Hearts themed custom cake? I'm looking for design ideas. Thanks!

Just double checking what my options are for places to get a cake currently at WDW. I saw that the Contemporary pastry team is back, so that seems to be an option if I book a dining reservation. I'm staying at Pop but only for one night and then will be offsite the next 4 days but we will have a car. Are they currently delivering to Pop or is the Boardwalk Bakery open for pickups? Or are there any bakeries that are definitely not doing cakes right now?

Also, would it be wrong to book a reservation just for cake? Maybe apps and cake if need be, but the limited menus right now aren't all that appealing, and we are celebrating an anniversary and a birthday so I really want to surprise my boyfriend with a cake.

Going to be there in a little over a week.

TIA

After 45 minutes on hold and being switched around to various non active voicemails before getting a live person, I was told that the Grand Floridian is the only bakery that is doing private cake orders right now. Obviously, that's not correct though. Do I just need to keep calling until I get someone else? I spent 30 minutes on hold last night and never got anyone. This is getting to be exhausting. I arrive this Saturday and need two cakes for this trip. Any tips?

I was also wondering the state of cakes. We'll be there in January, staying at Yacht, for my son's 21st and I'd love to get him a cake.

I was also wondering the state of cakes. We'll be there in January, staying at Yacht, for my son's 21st and I'd love to get him a cake.

I had no luck for my trip I just returned from, but if you start trying now you may have more success. I left a message on the private dining line for The Contemporary private dining and the recording said they were only handling calls Fridays through Tuesday. I was told YC/BC is not doing cakes at this time. The cake hotline when you call says only the Grand Floridian is currently doing cakes. So your best bed would probably be to try GF or the Contemporary to start.

Good luck!

As AKL/Jambo is currently closed, should I assume there's no way to get a cake delivered to Sanaa?

We celebrated my son's 1st birthday a couple months ago (on property) and since Disney cakes were not really an option, I used a CM who has a cake business on the side to do his big cake & his smash cake. It was AMAZING. Totally blew my mind. We did Dumbo theme and it was just perfect and he was SO wonderful to work with. He's even competed on Food Network!

He offered to meet us at the hotel lobby before dinner or we could pick it up at his house; he lives behind MK.

I certainly don't want to derail a Disney cake thread but know many have big celebrations coming up and may want an alternative option right now. Feel free to send me a message and I can point you to his website and Facebook page :)

Sanaa is open so I’m hoping to get one delivered there in a couple weeks.
Likely won’t happen. The bakery is in Jambo. You might get a standard podium cake, but I would think that with none of the restaurants in the lodge open, the bakery isn’t either.

Thank you so much for this thread and all the detailed ordering info in the first page! We have a stay at the Yacht Club booked in late January, and they agreed to make a cake for my daughter's 11th birthday. I'm so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter